Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

Another win. This team is going to win the division. Learn to love it, Debbies.

Klein is awful though, I agree. Multiple visible plays where he was clearly too slow and overmatched. Darron Lee addition continues to make sense but need more at LB.

He may be a step slow but he is always there to try and make a play.

He just missed a few tackles for a loss today by being that step slow maybe his football smarts will rub off on Edmunds.  

3 key mistakes in the game 

josh Allen INT before half (6 point swing) 

Davis dropped TD (4 point swing) 

cam newton fumble (3-7 points)

This is the type of game New England wanted they just had the last mistake of the game and sometimes that’s all it comes down to 

Edited by mikemac2001
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

We quite possibly coulda just weathered the most inspired effort of the year from that pats team. 

The Goat was coaching for his season. The Qb was playing for his respect. 

I won’t ever freaking apologize for a win. That was a p****d off and DANGEROUS wounded dog that we finally took out back and put out of its misery. 

Great post and spot on.  I guess it comes with old age and over 50 years caring abut the Bills but a win is a win.  And when you put the ice-pick through the head of the zombie Pats it's a reason to celebrate.

The weather was the great equalizer today. It took away the Bills most dangerous offensive weapons and gave NE a chance.  And as you pointed out this game was the NE season.  Cam knew it; Belicheat knew it, the Pats coaching staff knew it and the players knew it.  This is a proud organization less then 2 years away from a Super Bowl victory and they were never going to go quietly in the night.  They were only ever going to go away kicking and screaming.

Today we got the monkey off our back.  Going forward this will be huge and now at the halfway point we stand all alone at the top of the AFC East with a 6 - 2 record.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

I absolutely appreciate the calm, smart, unselfish Allen playing behind center today. Even seeing the chemistry between he and Diggs after the route miscommunication was a great thing. This was a growth game even if it did not look like it to folks wanting to see the ball aired-out against a NE defense that is built to stop the pass.

Absolutely and I believe Allen checked off to runs that worked well in the 2nd half on both TD drives.

The offense played very well in the 2nd half.  If Gabe hangs onto that pass the Bills would have scored TD's on 3 of their 4 second half possessions.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Absolutely and I believe Allen checked off to runs that worked well in the 2nd half on both TD drives.

The offense played very well in the 2nd half.  If Gabe hangs onto that pass the Bills would have scored TD's on 3 of their 4 second half possessions.

I thought Allen had 2 bad plays; the INT, which seemed like a Diggs mistake, and the out of bounds throw away where he tapped out. I thought on 2 or so plays he was too quick to ditch the pocket.

Ultimately, although maybe the weather let up, this was not a throwing game. Thought the kid played good, and was one of the drivers to victory.

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, nucci said:

so much complaining for a 6-2 1st place team. Very few teams play perfect games. The goal is to win

Exactly.   It wasn’t a dominating blow out. So what... people need to get over it.  Yes, this team has lots to work on to be elite.  But, they beat the Patriots for the first time in the McDermot era. They’re 6-2.  Multi game lead in the division.   If you can’t enjoy this weekend, why are you watching Bills’ football?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Figster said:

Happy for Gabe Davis.

Even happier for the win.

We knew they weren't going away easy...

I couldn't believe how wide open he was in the endzone. I dont think it was a perfect pass but definitely catchable. No WR catches every ball thrown at him. I agree with you that Im happy it wasnt the difference in the game

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Muppy said:

I couldn't believe how wide open he was in the endzone. I dont think it was a perfect pass but definitely catchable. No WR catches every ball thrown at him. I agree with you that Im happy it wasnt the difference in the game

Not the tightest spiral and the wind caught the ball just enough to make what should have been an easy catch get away from him.

Still, its a catch you have to make...

• Like (+1) 3

The Bills played a wounded team, missing their best offensive player Edelman and best Defensive player Gilmore.

A team that lost it's last two games at home scoring all of 18 points.

The Bills were lucky (yes a TO there is a flukish play) to get a last minute fumble to secure the win.

McD coached as many of us are used to seeing (while others see something different), scared, too close to the vest and the inability to put away a vastly inferior opponent.

The first four weeks the Offense had turned the corner and there was a buzz about this team.  The last four is meh at best and back to looking much like McD coached teams 2017-19.

Allen had 18 passes (and really the weather was not that bad).  NE traded punch for punch against a Bills team that on paper should have won by 2 TD's.

But should anyone here question McD & the Process, well let's just not go there......😡

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Bills played a wounded team, missing their best offensive player Edelman and best Defensive player Gilmore.

The Bills were lucky (yes a TO there is a flukish play) to get a last minute fumble to secure the win.

McD coached as many of us are used to seeing (while others see something different), scared, too close to the vest and the inability to put away a vastly inferior opponent.

The first four weeks the Offense had turned the corner and there was a buzz about this team.  The last four is meh at best and back to looking much like McD coached teams 2017-19.

Allen had 18 passes (and really the weather was not that bad).  NE traded punch for punch against a Bills team that on paper should have won by 2 TD's.

But should anyone here question McD & the Process, well let's just not go there......😡

Running up behind the ball carrier and punching the ball out is not a fluke.  It's a great defensive play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

😢😢😢😢 Tissues are on sale at Rite-Aid this week.

That should tide you over until the Seahawks.  How much do we have to win by for it to be an ok win for you? Wait is Seattle considered inferior? What does it take for a win to matter? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Running up behind the ball carrier and punching the ball out is not a fluke.  It's a great defensive play.

Its the kind of play the Ray Lewis led Ravens D lived by.

It doesn't get any better then that...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1