Gameday Thread PreGame Bills vs. Chiefs

Chandler#81

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I pretty much expected Milano inactive.

Milano is tough, but the MO of that particular injury is if he comes back too soon before it's really healed, the risk of more serious injury is high.

At a guess, he did a padded practice and the training staff realized he needed another week.

Given some of the shake ups we have seen with DL and possibly only dressing 2 TE's, could this be a game we see Edmunds do some lining up at OLB here and there and Dodson in the middle? 

The board has been whispering about trying that out the last few weeks and it feels like the staff is going to try some new things with personnel. 

Here is to a good game guys!

Edited by Mango
Edit: Game Day Inactives released

With Murphy down tonight, maybe the staff is finally figuring out what most of us fans already knew heading into the season......he's not good enough.

Wish they would have realized that when they could saved saved millions of dollars on the cap before the season.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sure but what about Monday Happy Hour games?

I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad.  I think Brown playing is huge for the O.  Sucks Milano is out, but honestly we need him for the season more than we need him for 1 game.  Hoping Tre has a 2019 Tre-day.

I question why Yeldon is out. He's the one RB I actually trust to pick up a tough couple yards on 3rd or 4th and short.

Just a gut feeling but I think we'll see Allen pick up at least 70 yards rushing tonight. 

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

I question why Yeldonnis out. He's the one RB I actually trust to pick up a tough couple yards on 3rd or 4th and short.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but he's certainly been productive the last couple of games, when called upon.

I also seriously doubt Moss would have been there for the TD pass either.

For all the staff preach competition, sometimes it seems as though they aren't actually sticking to that. Especially with Yeldon, and to a lesser extent Kroft.

They may be 'backups', but when called upon they appear to have out-performed the 'starter', or at least the guys above them in the depth charts.

I think we were all feeling really positive after the final injury reports on Friday/Saturday. Seemed like things were trending towards everyone being available. 

However, Dr Kyle Trimble (AKA Banged Up Bills) was on this morning's Locked On Bills podcast and was kind of the messenger of doom in terms of our injuries ( @YoloinOhio I know you're a fellow Joe Marino fan and I suspect you listened to this as well). Said he wouldn't have been surprised if Milano, White, and Brown all missed this game. Cited Brown's foot/calf/knee injuries and called White's back injury possibly long-term. 

That lowered my expectations a lot so pretty happy with the inactives list. Having 2 out of the three above back is huge for us, the absence of Tre and Smoke killed us last week. And another week off hopefully gets Milano back to 100% for the division games coming up. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

I question why Yeldon is out. He's the one RB I actually trust to pick up a tough couple yards on 3rd or 4th and short.

Just a gut feeling but I think we'll see Allen pick up at least 70 yards rushing tonight. 

If the shoulder is good. I think it's part of the reason he hasn't been running the last few weeks. He doesn't want to risk taking that shot or that awkward fall unless he absolutely has to. I also feel like the fumbles are in his head a bit, similar to the way the INT's were last year after the Pats game.