Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Is it guaranteed he gets vet minimum? Why couldn't he double dip on a full value deal?

Because he wants to sign with a team and play this year.

Looking for a big contract after you have been just released from a team that is still paying you, would leave him with no takers.

Ok here’s the recipe:

Start with a 1/4 cup warm water (100-115 deg F), add a pinch of sugar and a single use package of dry active yeast. Allow it to activate for a few minutes until ~tripled in size.

Dump into a large bowl and add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup room temperature sour milk, 1/2 cup room temperature milk, 6 tbsp melted butter, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp vanilla, 2 beaten eggs—use a mixer to get that nice and smooth.

Add in 1 tsp of salt and start adding flour 1 cup at a time until a dough ball forms when you beat it. You’ll need between 4 and 5 cups. You want it to pull cleanly away from the bowl and not stick to a clean finger when you poke it, but it needs to be supple enough to bounce back.

Once you get it there, transfer it to a clean, oven-safe bowl that you’ve greased up really well—COVER IT WITH PLASTIC WRAP. Pop that sucker in the oven at the lowest temperature possible (mine is 170) to get them yeast bros to ferment. After 45 minutes it should double in size. Take it out, gently punch it down, and turn it out onto a very well floured surface.

Using your hands, pat that sucker into a rectangle 1/4” thick. Won’t take too long. If for some reason your dough is extra sticky just add more flour 1/2 cup at a time. No big deal.

Now that you’ve got your rectangle, it’s time to add the cinnamon filling. Combine 1 tbsp cinnamon with a cup of brown sugar, and divide it in half. Melt a stick of butter in a small bowl and add a dash of vanilla. Layer half the cinnamon-sugar mixture over your rectangle and then brush with half the butter. Repeat to add another layer of goodness.

Now roll that baby up starting with the end furthest from you. Try to keep it tight but don’t freak out if it’s a bit loose or you lose some filling out the sides. No worries.

Once you’ve got a log rolled up, stop and grab a 12” long piece of dental floss. Seriously. Lift up the log and slide the center of the floss under it—the floss cuts these things perfectly.

Put the cut rolls into a 9x13 lined with parchment; it’s okay if they’re touching. Once

that’s done, cover it in plastic wrap and pop it back in the oven at the lowest setting for a second rise...takes about an hour.

Once you’re there, take em out, heat the oven to 350, and bake for 25 minutes.

Smother in cream cheese frosting and eat while reveling in the greatness of life.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, matter2003 said:

He lives in Miami and it likely will be the best place for the most playing time, resurrecting his career and getting another big deal this off season.  It makes sense in a lot of ways. Don't always assume a player is most interested in winning. Many times they are more interested in themselves and their future earning potential.

This was his attitude when he signed with the Jets, maybe he saw where that got him

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I imagine because the season is about a third over after 5 games and they already paid him 5/16

Possible some of that was roster bonus or other bonuses that were already paid as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Nobody is paying him more than $6 million and the Jets are on the hook for the remainder of any amount less than that. Why would a team pay him that when the Jets are required to pay him any remaining amount up to $6 million?

Even though the jets are on the hook for $6M, why wouldn't he go after say $10M for the rest of the year - 6 million of which the jets would be responsible for.

I admit, I'm not exactly sure if that's the way these mid season deals work on released players with owed salary.

33 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They are great YAC artists for sure.  But Bell can run almost the entire route tree.  And he can make contested catches downfield with WR technique.  He’s really good at it.

At this point I’d say that Aaron Jones is better than Bell as a receiver. He’s at the point where he’s now lining up outside and beating corners and safeties with double moves, posts, and deep crossers.  Bell might be better with contested catches, but Jones has a serious edge in speed and agility. 

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Even though the jets are on the hook for $6M, why wouldn't he go after say $10M for the rest of the year - 6 million of which the jets would be responsible for.

I admit, I'm not exactly sure if that's the way these mid season deals work on released players with owed salary.

Who is going to pay him that? Nobody. He would be sitting on the sidelines until next year. This isn't Madden. This is real life.

Edited by matter2003

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Oh, he would be Helaire's backup I am sure, but he may be happy being a change of pace back on a team that is favored to win the Super Bowl.

That's what I mean...depends on how much he wants to play.  We don't know what his priorities are.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Smother in cream cheese frosting and eat while reveling in the greatness of life.

So what's the frosting recipe?

30 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Any one got any new good recipes?

I don't think it's technically new but it's new to me: I found a recipe for some absolutely delicious Greek chicken on the internet that's become one of our go-tos. Great both cooking it in a pan as well as throwing it on the grill. It's technically a recipe for gyros but we just use the chicken part of it and make some lemony roasted potatoes to pair with it.

• Like (+1) 2

Who is going to pay him that? Nobody. He would be sitting on the sidelines until next year. This isn't Madden. This is real life.

Not sure what "Madden" has to do with it. In Madden, if you're paying top dollar for anything, you're doing it wrong. Everyone is just assuming it's vet minimum because it technically can be, I was just looking to see if that was the only deal he was allowed to get.

Just now, DCOrange said:

I don't think it's technically new but it's new to me: I found a recipe for some absolutely delicious Greek chicken on the internet that's become one of our go-tos. Great both cooking it in a pan as well as throwing it on the grill. It's technically a recipe for gyros but we just use the chicken part of it and make some lemony roasted potatoes to pair with it.

You better post that **&t right now. Sounds delicious.

• Haha (+1) 1

Would Bell have to go through one of those covid protocols that he has to test negative 500  times before he even can come in the building or is it different because he was already on a team? 

NM answered above  

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

I love gyros, let's see that recipe.