Le'Veon Bell signs with Kansas City

Seasons1992

28 minutes ago, shoshin said:

This is a b-word move. He shows that he has no ability to help raise a franchise and instead just goes and joins the best team in football. I hope Edwards-Hilaire outplays him and he stays as backup. 

Except for the Jets game. I'd love to see him go full 2016 Steelers on the Jets. 

And I don't think the Bills need him. If there's a mid-season top LB available, that's different. 

Me, I'd settle for a mid-season competent contributor LB.  We are mi-tee-thin

• Like (+1) 2

Wow—the board turned on Bell mighty quick! (shocking).

McBeane concluded what several posters here had days ago:  this guy adds no significant value to this team because he can’t do what they need—make his own yards behind bad blocking.  Plus he’s a PIA.  

He will be KCs next McCoy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

McBeane concluded what several posters here had days ago:  this guy adds no significant value to this team because he can’t do what they need—make his own yards behind bad blocking.  Plus he’s a PIA.  

I don’t know about that.  I think Bell is pretty fresh and played for the worse offensive situation in their entire league.  I can see him have a good impact for them.  McCoy was our offense for years and had dead legs. Bell had barely played in 3 years. 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t know about that.  I think Bell is pretty fresh and played for the worse offensive situation in their entire league.  I can see him have a good impact for them.  McCoy was our offense for years and had dead legs. Bell had barely played in 3 years. 

we’ll see.  They just drafted a pass catching great running RB.  

I wonder how Damien Williams is feeling today about his decision to opt out of the season...

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

I was confused at first who you were talking about. Then I remembered— that guy who is now dead to me. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Chiefs will pay Le’Veon Bell $690,000 in salary, up to $1 million in incentives

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 17, 2020, 5:38 AM EDT

If a team had traded for running back Le'Veon Bell, it would have had to pay him $6 million in salary for the rest of this season. After the Jets cut Bell, the Chiefs signed him for a lot less than that.

Bell will make $690,000 in salary for the remaining 12 weeks of this season, and can earn up to $1 million in playing time and playoff incentives, according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

The Jets are still on the hook for the remaining $6 million in salary Bell is owed because that money was guaranteed on the contract he signed with the Jets last year.

That Bell ended up taking so much less than he was owed by the Jets shows that he just can’t command that kind of money anymore, and the Jets’ attempt to trade him wasn’t going to work. Bell was once a first-team All-Pro running back, but he didn’t play at all in 2018 and hasn’t played well in 2019 or 2020.

Now Bell will get an opportunity to show he still has something left in the remainder of this season with the Chiefs, and then he’ll hit free agency in 2021 — when he won’t get anything close to the money the Jets paid him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/17/chiefs-will-pay-leveon-bell-690000-in-salary-up-to-1-million-in-incentives/#comments

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Chiefs will pay Le’Veon Bell $690,000 in salary, up to $1 million in incentives

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 17, 2020, 5:38 AM EDT

If a team had traded for running back Le'Veon Bell, it would have had to pay him $6 million in salary for the rest of this season. After the Jets cut Bell, the Chiefs signed him for a lot less than that.

Bell will make $690,000 in salary for the remaining 12 weeks of this season, and can earn up to $1 million in playing time and playoff incentives, according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

The Jets are still on the hook for the remaining $6 million in salary Bell is owed because that money was guaranteed on the contract he signed with the Jets last year.

That Bell ended up taking so much less than he was owed by the Jets shows that he just can’t command that kind of money anymore, and the Jets’ attempt to trade him wasn’t going to work. Bell was once a first-team All-Pro running back, but he didn’t play at all in 2018 and hasn’t played well in 2019 or 2020.

Now Bell will get an opportunity to show he still has something left in the remainder of this season with the Chiefs, and then he’ll hit free agency in 2021 — when he won’t get anything close to the money the Jets paid him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/17/chiefs-will-pay-leveon-bell-690000-in-salary-up-to-1-million-in-incentives/#comments

I was watching moneyball last night for the first time in a while. There is a scene where Billy Beane tells David Justice that the Yankees were still on the hook for $3M of his salary. And he said, “that’s how little the Yankees think of you. They’re paying you $3 million to play against them.”  Pretty great line! 

Sort of the same with Bell— the Jets are basically paying Bell $6 mill to play against them! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was watching moneyball last night for the first time in a while. There is a scene where Billy Beane tells David Justice that the Yankees were still on the hook for $3M of his salary. And he said, “that’s how little the Yankees think of you. They’re paying you $3 million to play against them.”  Pretty great line! 

Sort of the same with Bell— the Jets are basically paying Bell $6 mill to play against them! 

...MUST be a good idea....Adam Gase IS in complete control, right??..............

Can’t help but think the Bills interest was driven at least in part by lighting a fire under Devin - even if they didn’t ultimately sign him. Found it interesting that it was truly public interest given McDermott confirming it and saying he and Beane are always looking to “improve the team” 

Edited by YoloinOhio