Dak Prescott ankle injury

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t care how much the vets didn’t like JP though. It kind of makes Vincent look like a jerk, especially considering he still thinks it’s funny after all these years. He was head of NFLPA, isn’t that correct ? No wonder why that team never got anywhere with that type of character. 

Vincent was NFLPA representative at time and yes I thought his attitude was inappropriate.  

Have thought the NFLPA catered too much to the bad boys and did not defend members against cheap shots in games and training camps.

Often in contract agreements they are working to reduce penalties for small pool of players (i.e. drug users, roid users, fighting) rather than getting changes which help rank and file. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

‘Wash out the wound’, sounds like this is going to be a process. Feel bad for Dak, seems like a great guy. Hope he has a full recovery.

If you’ve never seen the ESPN documentary on Alex Smith and his broken leg, I highly recommend it. If Dak goes through anything close to what happened to Alex, I’ll be saying a prayer for him for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Na Carolina has bridgewater and maybe they draft someone.

what does them having teddy have to do with them signing dak? guys get cut or moved all the time and matt ruhle would love a guy who can sling it like dak

A lot will depend on things like ligament damage, but if the recovery goes well, he'll still be paid.  Yes, this kind of injury can be devastating, but Tua had the injury that ended Beau Jackson's career. It CAN be devastating.  But, because the recovery went well, he was still drafted 5th.  Okay...not first, but still pretty high.  Teams are desperate for quality quarterbacks and Dak was tearing it up before he went down.  Look at the Bills.  They haven't had a good quarterback in decades.  What we give for the chance to have Dak close to what he was before the injury.  We would certainly pay...uh...wait...what?  Oh yeah.  Sorry.  Force of habit.  WE won't pay him...but some sad unfortunate team desperate for a quarterback will.

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Gotta say I agree with you on Landry and Gronk, in that I hate them for what they did to our players.  Still don't think I'd wish a vicious, career-threatening injury on them, but I doubt I'd lose two seconds of sleep if it did happen.  

I'm comfortable being honest here and saying watching Dak's injury last night made me sick to my stomach a lil bit...🤢

That was gruesome to watch even more so after he slammed his leg to try and "fix" it.  Dang!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

That was gruesome to watch even more so after he slammed his leg to try and "fix" it.  Dang!

YESSS!!!!  that's exactly the part I started throwing up in my mouth....i swear I can't even try to imagine how that had to feel...sitting there holding your ankle with your foot CLEARLY facing the wrong direction....i would've went into shock just seeing it, forget how it felt...that was just some terrible sh*t...

• Sad 1

I give Prescott a lot of credit for seemingly calmly grasping his ankle area with 2 hands, stabilizing the injury, and even gesturing to the sidelines himself, because he immediately knew he needed serious help.

Compare this with some players who flop around on the ground screaming and waving arms, etc., as though dying in agony, only to magically return to normal a play or two later.

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

That was an ugly injury. Hopefully Dak can make a full recovery as you never want to see anyone get hurt. Signing Dalton turned out to be a good move for Dallas. A vet QB with a ton of starter experience who can play well. They will win that **** division besides the offense runs thru Zeke anyway.

Big Red never had this much talent around him. I think they’ll be fine and may win the Division.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Big Red never had this much talent around him. I think they’ll be fine and may win the Division.

Considering the major sucking noise coming from NFC East, that is a prety safe bet.  Especially if Dallas can improve their defense from awful to bad.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I give Prescott a lot of credit for seemingly calmly grasping his ankle area with 2 hands, stabilizing the injury, and even gesturing to the sidelines himself, because he immediately knew he needed serious help.

Compare this with some players who flop around on the ground screaming and waving arms, etc., as though dying in agony, only to magically return to normal a play or two later.

Yeah, Prescott seemed very nonchalant about his ankle being destroyed.

That is until he was on the cart. Heartbreaking to watch.

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

The announced 4-6 month recovery time after successful surgery isn't too bad all things considered.

Yeah that's not bad at all considering how effing terrible it looked....

I know they've made alot of advancements in modern medicine nowadays, what is the recovery period for a torn ACL nowadays?? If I recall correctly, it used to be almost a year or so, if someone tore their ACL during the season, it was almost a foregone conclusion that they wouldn't even be ready for week 1 of the following year...

3 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

🤮🤮🤮

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Yeah, Prescott seemed very nonchalant about his ankle being destroyed.

That is until he was on the cart. Heartbreaking to watch.

I would say combination of pain and shock, I  don’t think nonchalant fits the circumstances.  That kind of injury has to play wrong in one’s head. It probably takes a few minutes to sink in how bad it really is.

43 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Yeah that's not bad at all considering how effing terrible it looked....

I know they've made alot of advancements in modern medicine nowadays, what is the recovery period for a torn ACL nowadays?? If I recall correctly, it used to be almost a year or so, if someone tore their ACL during the season, it was almost a foregone conclusion that they wouldn't even be ready for week 1 of the following year...

🤮🤮🤮

I think its down to 7-9 months now...but even tho the player can come back and is technically "fine" medically, it often takes another full year to return to prior form...

• Thank you (+1) 1