Is COVID19 or hurricane Delta more likely to stop Sundays game?

bigK14094

Hurricane Delta scheduled to arrive in Tenn on sunday.  This game seems at risk because of this....but, they could move it to Buffalo???  Doesn't matter though, a TV studio is a TV studio......oh wait, Tenn is letting in about 8k fans I recall, so its a stadium in Tenn.  Still Covid risk also imho.  We will see.

• Haha (+1) 3

I thought this game should be moved to Buffalo due the Covid situation. I don’t want the Bills anywhere near Tenn’s facilities or staff...who knows how many more are infected.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Hurricane Delta scheduled to arrive in Tenn on sunday.  This game seems at risk because of this....but, they could move it to Buffalo???  Doesn't matter though, a TV studio is a TV studio......oh wait, Tenn is letting in about 8k fans I recall, so its a stadium in Tenn.  Still Covid risk also imho.  We will see.

Lol hurricane delta in Nashville? We talking like 1-2 inches of rain and 20 mph wind? 

I’ll give you Tennessee is a huge covid risk not only because of the team but just the area in general. They’ve been business as usual for quite some time. But so have lots of places that’s no reason to move the game 

• Like (+1) 2

All the weather sites I have checked say rain is done saturday evening. Even if it was raining and windy, why would they not play the football game there? Plenty of games have been played with rain and wind. 

But again, Accuweather, weather.gov (national weather service) both show nothing wrong with game day. 

You realize it won't be a hurricane by the time it reaches nashville right? Strong winds and rain favor the worse offense/passing game, so it benefits TN which is unfortunate, but they are not moving the game lol. 

Edited by Process

8 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

All the weather sites I have checked say rain is done saturday evening. Even if it was raining and windy, why would they not play the football game there? Plenty of games have been played with rain and wind. 

But again, Accuweather, weather.gov (national weather service) both show nothing wrong with game day. 

Weather Underground shows rain all day.  These hurricanes have been known to change the script however, by speeding up, or slowing down, or turning.  We will see.

Just now, bigK14094 said:

Weather Underground shows rain all day.  These hurricanes have been known to change the script however, by speeding up, or slowing down, or turning.  We will see.

and also, Tennessee is inland, there would be some rain and a little wind at worst. They will be playing the game. Its not like its coastal florida. 

4 minutes ago, Process said:

You realize it won't be a hurricane by the time it reaches nashville right? Strong winds and rain favor the worse offense/passing game, so it benefits TN which is unfortunate, but they are not moving the game lol. 

True...we will see...

18 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

never rainy and windy in Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

First Delta will slow down once it gets into the Gulf.  So the timing is dubious at this point. 

Additionally all forcasts I have seen about it down here in FL call for a Tropical Depression at most by time gets to Tenn, so nothing more than thunder storms.

Also I think the Cone is wrong anyway.  Watch his Bounce off the Yucatan and hang a right right into South FL, just like Wilma did that has the same characteristics as Delta

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Weather forecast currently calls for heavy rain in the morning tapering to showers in the afternoon. Winds only 5 to 10 mph.

So I am not sure why they would cancel a game for that.

Tennessee is nowhere near the coast so a hurricane will have lost most of it's wind by that point and will be mostly heavy rain. It won't even be a named storm when it gets there, just " remnants of hurricane Delta"

Edited by matter2003

Don';t  see that big of an issue as per NFLWeather.com ....

Kickoff: 10/11/2020 01:00 PM ET
Possible Light Rain. Rain in the morning and afternoon.

Kickoff

Rain

Possible Light Rain

Temperature: 69f.

Feels Like: 70f.

Wind: 6mi North - NorthEast

Humidity: 87%

Visibility: 10mi

Barometer: 1002"

Dew Point: 65f.

Cloud Cover: 100%

Precipitation Prob: 59%

Q2

Rain

Possible Light Rain

Temperature: 69f.

Feels Like: 70f.

Wind: 6mi North - NorthEast

Humidity: 87%

Precipitation Prob: 50%

Q3

Rain

Possible Light Rain

Temperature: 70f.

Feels Like: 71f.

Wind: 6mi West - NorthWest

Humidity: 85%

Precipitation Prob: 42%

Q4

Rain

Possible Drizzle

Temperature: 71f.

Feels Like: 71f.

Wind: 5mi West

Humidity: 84%

Dew Point: 66f.

Precipitation Prob: 34%

1 hour ago, Special K said:

I thought this game should be moved to Buffalo due the Covid situation. I don’t want the Bills anywhere near Tenn’s facilities or staff...who knows how many more are infected.

What does the facilities have to do with the virus? The virus doesn't just sit in a seat and wait for people to sit down lol

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

The hurricane will be a storm by then... No different than playing in the rain.