Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, VaMilBill said:

The titans said that staff member hasn’t been at the facility in the last two weeks. What I want to know is are the titans actually telling the truth or are they lying to prevent having to forfeit? I’d bet on the latter

If that were the case, it would have been easier to simply not disclose the positive test...

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Love this follow up tweet. (I think..😳)

On the positive side they mentioned that the defensive assistant that tested positive had little contact with the team ... on another front the noses of the Tennessee players must be raw from all of the testing they have received

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

I just worry about it being unfair to us now... and no lol... I won't trust the NFL to do it fair. We'll get fugged somehow.

If the Titans game happens, it creates a disadvantage for the Bills versus the Chiefs.  It the game does not happen on Tuesday, whatever the league does will be unfair to somebody.  If the Titans forfeit, it is unfair to the teams that are competing against the Bills for a playoff spot, the Patriots in the AFC East title race or the wild card race if Buffalo loses the AFC championship  race.  If a week or two is added to the end of the season to accommodate postponed games then some teams will be disadvantaged for having to play when future opponents get a bye to rest up and or some teams may pay a price by having to wait too long between games, thereby accumulating some rust and losing a bit of their edge.

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Hopefully your league commish has put in contingency plans for this type of event.

In my league, we announce by a specific deadline our "contingency players" at each position where a player's status due to COVID is in jeopardy. Then, if said player's game does end up getting cancelled, the contingency player's points get added into that spot instead.

Commish in one league is doing that, but getting no help in my other league. 

I’m happy the Bills are practicing today.  Keeps them busy from distractions.  All the while the Titans are suffering through further chaos, facility closures and no actual practices.  

11 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Having quietly watched the situation and read about the positives/exposures/infections, I am not confident that the Titans are even close to being able to host others without passing the virus on. I would like to see McDermott and Beane tell the NFL that the Bills are refusing to go to Tenessee at this time. Honestly, I believe that would be a strong leadership act. Buffalo's facility is (as far as testing has shown) clean, so far. If ONE member of our organization, player or coach, gets infected in Tenessee, the entire Bills organization will be challenged to get past it for a month - or more. I think it is time for the Bills organization to face the NFL and firmly say, "enough is enough, we're not doing this."

This is the right approach IMO and I would fully support it. If they want to consider it the Bills forfeiting then sobeit. I'm sure I'll get beat down here but would rather be a healthy 4-1 team than a sick 5-0 team coming up to the Pats in a few weeks which is one of our most important games coming up.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TigerJ said:

If the Titans game happens, it creates a disadvantage for the Bills versus the Chiefs.  It the game does not happen on Tuesday, whatever the league does will be unfair to somebody.  If the Titans forfeit, it is unfair to the teams that are competing against the Bills for a playoff spot, the Patriots in the AFC East title race or the wild card race if Buffalo loses the AFC championship  race.  If a week or two is added to the end of the season to accommodate postponed games then some teams will be disadvantaged for having to play when future opponents get a bye to rest up and or some teams may pay a price by having to wait too long between games, thereby accumulating some rust and losing a bit of their edge.

why we heavy favorites anyhow?

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I would just get in the midset that the game is still on.  We are not the Pats missing their two star players.

The optics are bad - looks like the NFL is trying to protect the pats.  I am not sure that is true but that is the appearance.

• Like (+1) 3

If its true that the coach hasn't had any contact with anyone in the organization in 2 weeks, and noone else tests positive these next 2 days, then I'm cool with them playing. But that is a HUGE if. I don't mind the NFL taking their time to investigate. If he truly hasn't had contact, then keep testing and play the game

7 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Sounds like NFL isn’t going to help out fantasy owners here before 1 pm on this game, huh? 

Nope.  i pulled all of my Bills players out and put in inferior players because nobody knows what they are doing.  Probably going to cost me a loss......  SCREW THE FREAKING TITANS!!!!

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Nope.  i pulled all of my Bills players out and put in inferior players because nobody knows what they are doing.  Probably going to cost me a loss......  SCREW THE FREAKING TITANS!!!!

I am desperate at this point. In one league, I am looking at having to start guys like dion Lewis and Zach pascal!!

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How is the game going to get played?? Titan's facility is closed again and they had what, 1 day of practice??

Only way it gets played is if the NFLPA agrees to waive the practice rule.

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am desperate at this point. In one league, I am looking at having to start guys like dion Lewis and Zach pascal!!

Yup.  I have 4 guys on my team already in IR.  Had 2 Bills in my starting lineup and also the Bills defense.  I am just throwing crap against the wall this week hoping that a couple of my guys just go bananas and pull out a miracle.

• Like (+1) 1