Week 5: Bills at Titans on Tuesday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Because the situation is unprecedented. I think the league should go on a two-week hiatus, kick everything down the calendar. It's the most rational solution.

Of course it’s unprecedented. All the more reason to set up the schedule for contingencies. They set it up like there wasn’t a pandemic. Foolish, arrogant and greedy and now our team is faced with the possibility of exposing themselves to the virus because the NFL botched it. 

4 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Titans should receive two game forfeitures.... One for the Steelers and one for the Bills.  

Well one thing i agree with is you can’t have them forfeit the Bills game and then not forfeit the Steelers game too.  That should be two L’s for tennessee. not for getting Covid, but for breaking the protocol rules after they knew 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because the situation is unprecedented. I think the league should go on a two-week hiatus, kick everything down the calendar. It's the most rational solution.

But what do teams do during the two weeks?  Are they still allowed to go to their facilities and practice?  If not then would likely require one more week to get back into game shape again.   You often read how every year there's talk about the first few weeks of season, even after normal off-season including pre-season games etc, players aren't completely at 100% for the season opener.  If teams are allowed to continue practicing,. then guess OK,  but then not all that certain what it accomplishes?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'm not saying  they shouldn't play the game.  But a lot of people (and I'm sure players) have exactly the question @El Guapo did above.

The NFL needs to be forthcoming and explain their decision making process in detail, from an infection control POV.

From a player safety point of view I don't see how they can justify the Titans players playing the game if they can't practice today and tomorrow.  That's ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1

Imagine the NFL putting out a statement that they are moving the Pats/Den game to next Sunday over a couple positive tests because they care about the safety of the players.  Meanwhile the Bills are still scheduled to play a team that has had one day practice in two weeks and had a massive outbreak while tests still come back positive all but two days in two weeks.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Imagine the NFL putting out a statement that they are moving the Pats/Den game to next Sunday over a couple positive tests because they care about the safety of the players.  Meanwhile the Bills are still scheduled to play a team that has had one day practice in two weeks and had a massive outbreak while tests still come back positive all but two days in two weeks.

Yeah, the NFL has to speak up, and speak up fast. 

I'm not gonna say that they don't have a logical decision making process. 

I'm just saying their logical decision making process needs to be transparent - FAST.

It's almost like they're trying to push the Bills into a corner of saying "we won't play under these conditions" so that they can punish us.

Just setting aside the concerns for covid-19 infection - how can the NFL justify saying they're about player safety when the players haven't practiced in nearly 2 weeks and if their facility is closed down again, maybe only 1 day practice before the game?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The announcement is "Titans Forfeit, Bills/Chiefs next Sunday in primetime".  

Still waiting for Roger to do us proud with a wrist slap for the bad guys and a pumpjob for everyone else.

I'm almost positive that pump jobs are currently against the cover protocol.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

My guess is the reason the Titans game is taking longer for a decision is because it’s a little trickier of a situation, given that they have already used their bye last week...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

But then Cam might be able to play... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

My guess is the reason the Titans game is taking longer for a decision is because it’s a little trickier of a situation, given that they have already used their bye last week...

Nah that ain't it. They could have just said postpone to an undetermined date to be announced later today or tomorrow. They genuinely not give any ***** and want this game to go ahead despite all logic and reason that it should not.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Cam and Gilmore tested positive!?!? Well there goes their competative edge: Time to reschedule the game. 

22 Titans players/staff tested positive over the last two weeks and violated protocols: you're good fam

An over simplification, kind of. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's possible that the coach who became ill is a known close contact of the coaches who tested positive 1 week ago Tuesday and has been quarantining from the team.

That is what someone here said would happen - that known contacts going positive wouldn't necessarily cancel the game.  But logic suggests that should only apply if those known contacts don't have any known contacts.

You are the resident covid expert so I will refer to you here. Doesn’t that only work if people in close contact also quarantine. Which for say the patriots with a couple of cases works. But does not work at scale, at least for practicing. There’s probably another 20+ people who came in contact total. And that’s conservative at 1:1 infection to contact ratio. How do you even hold a practice missing 40-50 coaches and staff? 

So pats broncos next week isn't official?

Then have bills and broncos play on Tuesday or Wednesday and go from there. Yes it would suck that that's not the team they've been preparing for but both teams would be in the same boat. 

What a cluster****

Just now, JaCrispy said:

This. There's nowhere else to put the game. 

Another thought is that they, in theory, have a better understanding of the outbreak in TN right now.