Speculation...but I'm guessing McD was calling D in second half...

Hebert19

I didn’t notice much other than they disguised some. Had a few d linemen out in coverage. I don’t think that’s something we’ll typically see cause Vegas had abandoned the run mostly at that point. Given his speed I can’t figure out why they don’t send Edmunds around the edge more often. He always seems to blitz up the middle and get stuffed 

I was thinking the same thing. The D was bad in the first half and much better in the second.

I feeling the losses of Shaq, Philips and Alexander has really hurt them

• Like (+1) 2

Like others have said, defense is terrible all over the NFL. 5 more teams lost scoring 25 points or more. 

I want them to make a move for a pass rusher but I also understand it is still early in the season with a lot of new guys. Maybe patience and time is the right answer.  I liked it when Beane traded for KB and I hope he makes a move or two to improve the roster- I'd start with three moves- add a pass rusher, replace Bojo and Klein. 

19 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Adjustments were made, however, too many missed tackles, loss contain, bad angles, not getting head around in coverage, sloppy tackling, and LBs not filling gaps. Klein was brutal again and Edmunds head was somewhere else. 

Edmunds is by far the weakest link. he needs far more time until he is ready to be leading that defense. We need to get his replacement in next season and move Edmunds to the bench to learn or move him outside. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I thought it was more a case of them getting beat on a couple blitzes on the first two possessions, resulting in them making conservative calls until the middle of the 3rd qrtr when they then found their cccccourage again.

• Like (+1) 3

The average team is scoring 26 a game coming into this week, so our perception of what good defense looks like needs to change. Buffalo gave up 13 in the first half, gave up the FG on the first drive of the 3rd quarter then locked it down until basically garbage time.

I think they may have to disguise more. With no fans, it's easy for offenses to use the hard count to get the look at the line and change plays like in college FB.

• Like (+1) 1

This defense is a mess— it seems like it’s at every level. The secondary has been a real disappointment— I thought Tre and Poyer played really poorly today. Norman looked meh in coverage too. The LBs tend to have bad streaks against the run and haven’t covered as well. The front 4 not really generating much pressure— though I thought they were better against the run today.  

59 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I dunno but the non-existant pass rush in the first half really came alive with the front 4 crashing the pocket and making Carr uncomfortable for most of the second half

Go find Eric Wood’s comments in the post-game “Live” show with Maddy Glab.  He had some comments about the Bills defensive looks and how they shifted what they’re doing.