Speculation...but I'm guessing McD was calling D in second half...

Hebert19

13 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I didn’t notice much other than they disguised some. Had a few d linemen out in coverage. I don’t think that’s something we’ll typically see cause Vegas had abandoned the run mostly at that point. Given his speed I can’t figure out why they don’t send Edmunds around the edge more often. He always seems to blitz up the middle and get stuffed 

To your point on Edmunds. In addition to defense across the league being pretty bad, I think Edmunds is getting picked on a bit. I have not spent a ton of time with the all-22 this year, so maybe somebody smarter than me can confirm. But it looks like Edmunds is hesitant to diagnose, and gets some safety help incase he misses a step, which leaves the CB's playing  a bit off to save the big play. That said, when Edmunds is quick and correct to read the play, he is a good fit. He is just too hesitant too often.  I would not be opposed to trying to get another MLB in there next year and moving Edmunds outside where he can just play big and fast. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

To your point on Edmunds. In addition to defense across the league being pretty bad, I think Edmunds is getting picked on a bit. I have not spent a ton of time with the all-22 this year, so maybe somebody smarter than me can confirm. But it looks like Edmunds is hesitant to diagnose, and gets some safety help incase he misses a step, which leaves the CB's playing  a bit off to save the big play. That said, when Edmunds is quick and correct to read the play, he is a good fit. He is just too hesitant too often.  I would not be opposed to trying to get another MLB in there next year and moving Edmunds outside where he can just play big and fast. 

His athleticism is unique, I’ve always wanted them to teach that man some pass rush techniques and scream him around the edge. He could be such a force if he developed pass rush skills to pair with his pass coverage. Quarterbacks should be shaking in their boots when he creeps up to the line. But that rush up the middle just isn’t working when they blitz him. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

His athleticism is unique, I’ve always wanted them to teach that man some pass rush techniques and scream him around the edge. He could be such a force if he developed pass rush skills to pair with his pass coverage. Quarterbacks should be shaking in their boots when he creeps up to the line. But that rush up the middle just isn’t working when they blitz him. 

I would love to see Edmunds do nothing but play like his hair is on fire. Basically either only dropping into coverage or gunning it into the back field. The last two weeks, anything regarding misdirection has him frozen in place. Seems to be a 3 year pattern now. I am not calling the guy a bust, or terrible or anything. But he HAS to make a huge jump in that part of his game still or the staff needs to put him in a better position to succeed. 

6 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

Add Star sitting out due to COVID to that list.  

Ya, I think that hurt the run D, but overall I think they played much better in the 2nd half and Norman was a difference maker. 

• Like (+1) 1