Josh wins Week 2 Angry Run Award on GMFB

BisonMan

34 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I love this segment, love our QB is on there, it's fun.  However, this one area Josh still needs to clean up, there was no need to try and make this play given the game situation and unlikelyhood of actually getting the first down.  After fumbling twice in week 1, what him move the ball around from arm to arm kind of recklessly.  The worst part is the risk to injury doing this stuff, there was no need for it here.  When the game is on the line against the Pats, sure or in the playoffs, go for it.  Week two when you are kicking the Dolphins butt, slide, punt, move on.

In an interview after the game Josh said he does that everytime. Said he needs to show the team hes putting it on the line every game he goes out there. Also said hes a competitor and wants to win. There's not a guy on this team that wont put it on the line also because of Josh Allen. The days of Kyle Orton give up slide on 4th down are long gone. So love this team. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Brandt might be my favorite sports personality right now. Makes every morning fun.... he referred to Allen as "Joshy Knoxville" all offseason. Asserting that he needs to follow Johnny Knoxvilles career path from do any and everything crazy to later in his career when he stepped back and letting the lesser known individuals of the "Jack A**" movies take on the brunt of the craziness and pain.

And i'm not gonna give nate any kudos there. The Fumble didnt count so it wasnt part of the actual run IMO. 

I have come to absolutely love GMFB.  It's a part of my daily routine.  They are all great, but Kyle and Kay are my favorites for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

Lmao!! He said "Josh Allen put Van Noy on the ground and put him in timeout and said think about what you did for a while as you are laying on the ground and don't do that again." And froze it right where Allen has his hand on his chest from the stiff arm and Van Noy is on the ground...hahahaha

Edited by matter2003
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

I didn't think he would get the award on account of the fumble.

He was very lucky that wasn't a fumble. Josh does alot of things right, but securing the football isn't one of them.

4 hours ago, scuba guy said:

I think he let the ball go when he heard the refs whistle

....that would be a no

I know we're focused on the fumble and Josh focused on the fumble, but it wasn't a fumble in the moment. It was a desperate attempt to get a 3rd down that only had a hope because Josh decided to go one on five, and he almost pulled it off.

I felt like we were going to win once he did that. Those kinds of 'fight with me' plays motivate the team. 

Normally I hate that kind of crap on football shows, but the Angry Runs is genuinely funny and entertaining. Kyle does a great job with his over-exaggerated lunacy. Good clean fun. 

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Lmao!! He said "Josh Allen put Van Noy on the ground and put him in timeout and said think about what you did for a while as you are laying on the ground and don't do that again." And froze it right where Allen has his hand on his chest from the stiff arm and Van Noy is on the ground...hahahaha

That was hilarious. 

4 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

In an interview after the game Josh said he does that everytime. Said he needs to show the team hes putting it on the line every game he goes out there. Also said hes a competitor and wants to win. There's not a guy on this team that wont put it on the line also because of Josh Allen. The days of Kyle Orton give up slide on 4th down are long gone. So love this team. Go Bills!

OH GOD, YES!! I HATE KYLE ORTON'S LACK OF EFFORT IN THE DENVER GAME!!!! I WAS SO ANNOYED WATCHING HIM!!

Josh is friggin' AWESOME!! The fact that he's won the Angry Run of the Week twice just makes me so happy!!

BTW - I was always onboard for Josh Allen being drafted by the Bills. I saw SO much Jim Kelly in the dude!! Now, can you imagine Josh Rosen winning Angry Run of the Week? I didn't think so!!!! 🤣

• Like (+1) 1