If You Had to Sign a Linebacker....Who?

Wizard

YoloinOhio did an excellent job pointing out the depleting linebacker corps after today's game. Hopefully all of our starters are healthy for week #2.

If the Bills needed two linebackers to "circle the wagons" for a few weeks and maybe strengthen the linebacker group, who would you want to sign to pair up with Andre Smith from the Practice Squad?

1. Nigel Bradham

2. Darron Lee

3. Alec Ogletree

4. Another free agent or a low round pick trade?

4 minutes ago, Wizard said:

YoloinOhio did an excellent job pointing out the depleting linebacker corps after today's game. Hopefully all of our starters are healthy for week #2.

If the Bills needed two linebackers to "circle the wagons" for a few weeks and maybe strengthen the linebacker group, who would you want to sign to pair up with Andre Smith from the Practice Squad?

1. Nigel Bradham

2. Darron Lee

3. Alec Ogletree

4. Another free agent or a low round pick trade?

I think Lee might be worth a shot.  Also I think it’s a long shot that the Bills will have both starting LB’s. As we’ve saw with Motor last year, hamstring  injuries are usually 3-4 week injuries.  

From an injury standpoint, the team has been widely cautious about rushing players on the field too early.  I get the feeling they might have Edmunds sit out this week, but then again who knows 

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Did we have Bradham in for a visit at some point? 

Yes and Lee.  I think these injury scenarios is exactly why these visits were scheduled.  LB was not a tremendously deep position 

7 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

It would have to be someone that could step in and play right away. I'd think Corey Thompson might be getting a call. 

I think it will be Thompson and another Lb that can cover.  Pro a sly not Bradham at this stage of his career.  Lee might not be smart enough to pick up the playbook and learn it in a short time.  Ogletree makes the most sense, considering the list, but I think it’ll be a no name guy

• Like (+1) 1

No on Badassman....too much mileage.

Lorax might be back sooner than he thought!!

Lee?  Interesting.....maybe maybe.  As would be Ogletree but again....like Badassman - tooooo much mileage.

They gonna be in a pickle for sure as I do not see either of them back next week nor the week after........sux for sure.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Todd Davis is probably the best player out there at the linebacker position. He makes sense if those guys are going to out long. 

^ This. He's a sure tackler and excels and stopping the run, and is the best FA LB still out there.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I'm not sure why no one has mentioned Corey Thompson yet.

He knows the system, knows our personnel, and I feel he has shown reasonably well in previous stints filling in for injured players.

I would say it was a bit of a surprise that he was cut in favor of Dodson and Phillips. Since Dodson and Phillips are both now hurt as well, I'd roll with Thompson.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I'm not sure why no one has mentioned Corey Thompson yet.

He knows the system, knows our personnel, and I feel he has shown reasonably well in previous stints filling in for injured players.

I would say it was a bit of a surprise that he was cut in favor of Dodson and Phillips. Since Dodson and Phillips are both now hurt as well, I'd roll with Thompson.

Someone did! And I agree.

Probably depends on the severity. If it's long-term then i'de like a veteran like Bradham. They'll probably go with someone that's been in the system recently.

I feel bad for Milano. Hopefully it's not serious. He was set to sign a major contract this offseason somewhere.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

I suspect one of our back-up safeties will move up. Our LBs do a lot of coverage, so bring Marlow or J Johnson (or Siran Neal?), the bigger of the crew up to play a more athletic hybrid role.

It would be hard to bring an outsider in at this point. If its a real Linebacker move, I think they bring Allen up from the PS.

Edited by CSBill