Brian Daboll is on the hotseat starting TOMORROW

Penfield45

Daboll called a great game yesterday. Put up 27 when it could have easily been in the 30s-40s if not for Bass and Allen’s miscues. Everyone clutching their pearls dogging daboll and hoping he won’t run Allen as much good luck because it ain’t gonna stop anytime soon if it keeps working. allen has been completely removed from the glass jar.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/14/2020 at 6:51 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Didn’t read this thread but wanted to comment on Daboll. His game plan was great imo. Loved the various sets. I don’t like Designed QB runs BUT I understand why he did it. It was there. Jets couldn’t really stop it. It sets up other things. Loved the play action that was really successful. Loved how this ball was spread around to the WRs plus motor. The play calling really was strong. There was sloppiness on the players part at times with two lost red zone fumbles, 2 missed FGs, Gabriel Davis two missed blocks, the two missed throws  to brown and Knox - otherwise Daboll’s offense would have looked more impressive in the box score. 

I agree with you. I thought they offense looked methodical and in control (sans the fumbles.) My biggest concern with Daboll, and McD for that matter, is if they can get better at high pressure game management. At the end of the 1st half rushing for points the play calling seemed late way too often last year. And then the pressure situations. There was almost no stress put on the O from the Jets. And maybe there will be less stress this year due to no crowd... But Daboll didn't always look great under stress last season. I want to see him and the O in more control of themselves and their execution under duress this year.    

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Bangarang said:

He’s likely going to get a lot of HC interviews this offseason. 

He strikes me as someone who will make a better coordinator than HC. I hope he stays

I think he's as good as gone, unfortunately.

Everybody -- including the most die-hard JA supporters -- new that Allen was a raw boom-or-bust pick before the draft.  The fact that Daboll made him into a stud is going to get him a job.  (Not saying that this is all Daboll of course, just that guys who appear to develop QBs get HC gigs).

• 11 months later...
On 9/12/2020 at 8:21 AM, GunnerBill said:

There is a lot of pressure on Daboll. And on Josh Allen. I think the Bills have to be around the middle of the league in terms of ranking and they have to be able to engineer drives when we need them.

I'd like to believe that yesterday was just a series of unfortunate events. Bad coaching,  bad playcalling and poor qb play. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned with 2 more good defenses on the horizon. I've never been a huge Daboll fan because of his lack of run usage. And yes we won 13 games without running. But that's not sustainable. 

• Like (+1) 1