Lamar Miller visiting Buffalo

BillsMafi$

41 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Fumbles are definitely not correctable. What was I thinking. 

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/1302773793916551169?s=20

No one is saying fumbling is not correctable. But from camp reports he hasn't corrected it yet. And he's a tad undersized. So while he has shown out as you say in limited work so far, there are no guarantees. I love Motor, but thinking they didn't need another back (or 2 even) is a bit shortsighted.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Ohhh. He purposely signed those ***** offensive players to fix our salary cap?

That makes a ton of sense. Thanks. 

I’m not disputing the talent on this team right now. For you to say he’s basically always right is ridiculous and premature. The team hasn’t accomplished jack ***** yet. 

In a way? Yeah. Not directly. But he had to purge the big, bad contracts, take some cap hits, and then try to put a team together spending little money. Sometimes you get lucky and hit on a guy who was overlooked or outplays their contract. But by and large - you get what you pay for.

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

That’s what I was praying for when we were on the clock.  

Because Dobbins is fast af

Dobbins is many things... “fast” is not one. He’s fast enough to be a successful nfl RB, but he’s more of a shifty type not a speed back. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

And he’s also fast.  

my point was.....McB had made rb a priority.  It wasn’t just me. 

Do you think he was looking for a starting RB or a backup RB?  And was this because of Singletary's fumbling issues or lack of speed?

Personally I think he was looking for a complement to Singletary, wasn't enamored with anyone in FA/at a reasonable price, and was sort of forced to pull the trigger on Moss earlier than he expected because of the run on RBs.

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dobbins is many things... “fast” is not one. He’s fast enough to be a successful nfl RB, but he’s more of a shifty type not a speed back. 

Agreed 

Dobbins got caught from behind by Tanner Muse in the College Football Playoff.  

Muse ran a 4.4 40 at the combine, but when I think of “fast” Running Backs, getting chased down by a linebacker/safety doesn’t really come to mind.  

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Muse ran a 4.4 40 at the combine, but when I think of “fast” Running Backs, getting chased down by a linebacker doesn’t really come to mind.  

I feel bad but there were so many times i would watch him and think “god he’s slow”. And he’s not actually slow, he’s just not “fast.” He could hit a hole and outrun guys in college but I don’t see that happening much in the NFL.  Zeke was fast fast. Dobbins is average speed for a small guy. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you say so, you know more about him than I do.  He ran a 4.44 which is fast for a rb.  Lee Evans fans a 4.41 at the combine.  He was known for speed.  Seemed to me every time I saw Dobbins play, he would bounce outside and was off to the races. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Do you think he was looking for a starting RB or a backup RB?  And was this because of Singletary's fumbling issues or lack of speed?

Personally I think he was looking for a complement to Singletary, wasn't enamored with anyone in FA/at a reasonable price, and was sort of forced to pull the trigger on Moss earlier than he expected because of the run on RBs.

It doesn’t matter what I think.  They knew we needed another rb.  Motor was not enough.  Whether it was Speed, fumbles, w/e.....we needed another rb because that’s the way they roll.  They want two good rbs.  Singletary is a midget and I don’t think anyone would subject him to being a bell cow in the nfl.  There are probably multiple reasons.  Reasons that we’ll probably never know.  

I don’t think that he was forced to pull the trigger on moss earlier than expected.  He was pegged as a 3rd rd pick imo.  He’s good. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Agreed 

Muse ran a 4.4 40 at the combine, but when I think of “fast” Running Backs, getting chased down by a linebacker/safety doesn’t really come to mind.  

4.4 is pretty fast for a LB/S no?

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If you say so, you know more about him than I do.  He ran a 4.44 which is fast for a rb.  Lee Evans fans a 4.41 at the combine.  He was known for speed.  Seemed to me every time I saw Dobbins play, he would bounce outside and was off to the races. 

It doesn’t matter what I think.  They knew we needed another rb.  Motor was not enough.  Whether it was Speed, fumbles, w/e.....we needed another rb because that’s the way they roll.  They want two good rbs.  Singletary is a midget and I don’t think anyone would subject him to being a bell cow in the nfl.  There are probably multiple reasons.  Reasons that we’ll probably never know.  

I don’t think that he was forced to pull the trigger on moss earlier than expected.  He was pegged as a 3rd rd pick imo.  He’s good. 

Did we draft Moss or no? Your acting like it wasn't addressed. You have a weird obsession with Dobbins.

Edited by BillsFan2313

Man you guys are a tough crowd.   It's funny how I hadn't heard a thing about Motor's fumbling issues until it suddenly became a media narrative sometime last week.  Something that aligned with fantasy football drafts I am guessing.  

Anyways, yes he had some fumbling problems last year, but it wasnt an issue in the least in college.  He had four fumbles on 714 carries in college.  Saying that he suddenly is a fumbler because of his rookie season is like saying Peyton Manning had interception issues because he threw 28 his rookie season.     I think everyone just needs to wait and see what happens.   As far as the Dobbins thing, I am going to go ahead and give Beane the benefit of the doubt for now.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

When did he run a 4.4? Just curious, as he didn’t run at the combine and didn’t have a pro day. If he ran that, great. He doesn’t look like he runs a 4.4. He was certainly faster his junior year than his sophomore and freshman years because he went vegan, shed body fat and worked on his speed. Sophomore year he constantly got run down. I know in HS he didn’t run faster than Akers who was a 4.5. They timed him something ridiculous on campus as a freshman but I wouldn’t trust 40 times released by the school itself.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Teams are going RBBC these days.  Ideally you don't want your RB to be carrying the ball 300 times in a season.  

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

When did he run a 4.4? Just curious, as he didn’t run at the combine and didn’t have a pro day. If he ran that, great. He doesn’t look like he runs a 4.4. He was certainly faster his junior year than his sophomore and freshman years because he went vegan, shed body fat and worked on his speed. Sophomore year he constantly got run down. I know in HS he didn’t run faster than Akers who was a 4.5. They timed him something ridiculous on campus as a freshman but I wouldn’t trust 40 times released by the school itself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.baltimorebeatdown.com/platform/amp/2020/4/28/21238575/why-the-ravens-drafted-jk-dobbins-ohio-state-nfl-draft-mark-ingram-gus-edwards-justice-hill

My bad.  It was in HS according to the article.  

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Teams are going RBBC these days.  Ideally you don't want your RB to be carrying the ball 300 times in a season.  

I realize this....what does this prove? 

Singletary had 150 carries.  The “bell cow” backs nowadays get 240+ carries.

I’m not saying Motor isn’t good.  I love the kid.  He’s special with the ball in his hands. All I did was chime in that when we were on the clock in rd 2, that I wanted Dobbins.  Got ripped for wanting to take a rb in rd 2 (one rd ahead of where Beane selected a rb) and simply pointed out that Singletarys fumble issues  were a problem and may have been a reason that we drafted a rb in rd 3 as opposed to taking a FA off the streets.  

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yolo, I saw. The 4.4 in the 40 on his Wikipedia.  New Era sent that link.  

when you look for information, what do you do?  Head to the book shelf and grab an encyclopedia?  I google.  Sometimes it’s right. Sometimes it’s not.  Everything came up 4.4ish.  Not sure what to say.  

Edit;  I read your post as sarcasm, not sure if that is the case

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I realize this....what does this prove? 

Singletary had 150 carries.  The “bell cow” backs nowadays get 240+ carries.

I’m not saying Motor isn’t good.  I love the kid.  He’s special with the ball in his hands. All I did was chime in that when we were on the clock in rd 2, that I wanted Dobbins.  Got ripped for wanting to take a rb in rd 2 (one rd ahead of where Beane selected a rb) and simply pointed out that Singletarys fumble issues  were a problem and may have been a reason that we drafted a rb in rd 3 as opposed to taking a FA off the streets.  

Well all that's left now is to see how Moss and Dobbins perform.

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well all that's left now is to see how Moss and Dobbins perform.

I mean, there really isn’t even anything to see.  We’ll never see Dobbins in a Bills uniform. We’ll never know how it would’ve turned out. 

In retrospect, as I’ve stated in this thread, I think k that we landed the best DE/RB combo available to us, considering our draft position.  I feel Epenesa + Moss >>>. Dobbins + (insert 3rd rd DE here).  When we were on the clock in rd 2, I was hoping Dobbins would be our pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I mean, there really isn’t even anything to see.  We’ll never see Dobbins in a Bills uniform. We’ll never know how it would’ve turned out. 

In retrospect, as I’ve stated in this thread, I think k that we landed the best DE/RB combo available to us, considering our draft position.  I feel Epenesa + Moss >>>. Dobbins + (insert 3rd rd DE here).  When we were on the clock in rd 2, I was hoping Dobbins would be our pick. 

I was too, I love him 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

when you look for information, what do you do?  Head to the book shelf and grab an encyclopedia?  I google.  Sometimes it’s right. Sometimes it’s not.  Everything came up 4.4ish.  Not sure what to say.  

Edit;  I read your post as sarcasm, not sure if that is the case

New Era, that’s funny.  I actually did find it on Wikipedia.  I wasn’t busting you’re chops at all. You should know I don’t typically indiscriminately bust people’s chops.  What am I Weo?  Just kidding weo.  You know I love ya buddy.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

New Era, that’s funny.  I actually did find it on Wikipedia.  I wasn’t busting you’re chops at all. You should know I don’t typically indiscriminately bust people’s chops.  What am I Weo?  Just kidding weo.  You know I love ya buddy.

I know.  I was confused.  Do you have encyclopedias?  ❤️😘 I hope you know the feeling is mutual.  

1 hour ago, BillsFan2313 said:

My bad, I jumped pages on the thread. I didn't realize you said Epenesa and Moss better than Dobbins and 3rd rd DE. That's my position as well. My apologies. I should have read through the whole thread.

No problem.  I figured you got lost somewhere along the lines 👍🏻

• Like (+1) 1

My parents had an Encyclopedia Britanica from 1963, long before I was born and used to tell me before the internet to look it up in the Encyclopedias.  “Mom, they are almost 20 years old.”  Danny (real name is Dan), go eat you’re roll.  Now if you know that reference I’ll give you $ 1million dollars.  Not really, but wanted to challenge you pal.  One of my moms favorite movies.

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

That's my take on it, got to know who's out there in case something happens.

That’s why Beane is who he is, his proactive style is not just for the present, but to make long term and “emergency” decisions easier to deal with when those circumstances arise. 

Go Bills!!!