Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, GG said:

So it's ok to have many people gather in their backyards, but not ok to have the same people inside the stadium?

I would have to go back and watch again but it looked like families... I don’t live in NYS but I suppose cuomo would be ok with family members watching the game together in their backyards. Then again I’m not sure those people shown are even in NYS. Bills fans everywhere.

Edited by YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, Locomark said:

I think it’s about the large disparity of key position groups. Our secondary >>> their receivers and our WRs >>>> their  secondary. Add that to the fact they have an entire new offensive line who hasn’t played a single opponent and that doesn’t bode well for pass protection/ stunts.  

So our limiting factor is Sean. If he holds us to ground and pound to not show our playbook than this could be a close game. If he says hey let’s use our strengths and show teams we are championship caliper, we air it out, Josh puts us up 20 in the 1st half and then we tag team pound them and play action all 2nd half. 

I’m hoping for a well rounded, diverse offensive game plan. I want to see our coaching staff get all our playmakers involved. We’re going to need that if we want to take the next step. I don’t want to hear about the coaches seeing a weakness with the Jets defense they wanted to exploit, so they go to an unbalanced game plan as a result. Daboll needs to be careful not to outsmart himself. Get everyone involved, and make sure Diggs is given a decent amount of opportunities to touch the ball. I don’t care what the defense is trying to do. 

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-week-1-picks-and-odds-saints-stomp-bucs-panthers-upset-raiders-jets-stun-bills/amp/

"

Jets at Bills 

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
Point spread: Bills -6.5

There are four rules that I live by: never get less than 12 hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city, never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body and when the Jets and Bills play you always smash the under. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. But seriously, take this under no matter how low it goes. And take the Jets if you need to in a pick 'em league. This is too many points. Sam Darnold is better than Josh Allen. There I said it.

The Pick: Jets 17, Bills 14"

Yeah... that surprises me, but I get what he's saying about taking the under. 

This guy strikes me as one more pundit who doesn't really pay attention to the Bills (yet), and for someone who fancies himself as a gambler, he doesn't seem to have done his homework, or follow his own advice. In the introduction, he states:

"Focus on consistency. You're going to see teams who know each other, who need less practice and who have cornerstones on the roster and in personnel/coaching locked in succeed more out of the gate in my opinion." 

Did he miss the stat where the Bills have the most continuity of any team in the NFL going into the season? Did he miss the amount of turnover the Jets have had, including their entire O-line?

1 minute ago, CapeBreton said:

Jets seem to be hurting to start the year. I think Mims is going to be a solid player so this is good news for the Bills.

Especially if Norman can’t go.  We can put Tre on Perriman, Taron on Crowder and Levi on Hogan.  

Mims probably would have a limited route tree anyway given how much time he’s missed, but given his size and speed would certainly be someone we have to account for.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Especially if Norman can’t go.  We can put Tre on Perriman, Taron on Crowder and Levi on Hogan.  

Mims probably would have a limited route tree anyway given how much time he’s missed, but given his size and speed would certainly be someone we have to account for.  

Tre wont take a person, he will take a side of the field

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-week-1-picks-and-odds-saints-stomp-bucs-panthers-upset-raiders-jets-stun-bills/amp/

"

Jets at Bills 

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET (CBS)
Point spread: Bills -6.5

There are four rules that I live by: never get less than 12 hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city, never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body and when the Jets and Bills play you always smash the under. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. But seriously, take this under no matter how low it goes. And take the Jets if you need to in a pick 'em league. This is too many points. Sam Darnold is better than Josh Allen. There I said it.

The Pick: Jets 17, Bills 14"

Yeah... that surprises me, but I get what he's saying about taking the under. 

I was right there with this guy until he said don't get involved with a woman who has a dagger tattoo, then he lost me.  I'm definitely taking the over and the Bills now.  

Edited by buffalonian
  • Haha (+1) 2