Ngakoue traded to Vikings

scribo

I’m glad the Bills didn’t go after him. 
Similar to quarterback I think you draft defensive ends non stop until 1-2 rookies hit. 
Given our team structure we’re not going to pay big time defensive end money. Murphy and Hughes have decent money but once that’s gone those millions go to another position we re sign. We’re not paying any ends 15+ million for awhile. I still think Yannick is mostly a hype machine. One really good season on a top defense and mediocre the rest of the time. I like his fit in Minnesota but I’m glad he’s not in buffalo. 

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Now that’s a good one, especially since Mcgahee so lived up to the expectations at the position, this started the run of RB acquisitions that were so needed, gotta like a GM with that level of a thought process... this could go in all day ?

okay, it’s your turn again, ??

Go Bills!!!

Beane is so awful I’m sure he would have drafted Tony Eason over Kelly

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Agreed.
The question is: Do we trust McBeane’s drafting acumen in the future?

I do. It’s the second through fourth round steals that will make or break this teams future and I’m feeling really good about that future.

those steals at RB are a lot easier than premiere pass rusher. He might have snagged one this year. Maybe. But I’d be surprised to see many teams with solid bookends that didn’t invest a premium pick or large free agent contract. 

Definitely not impossible but we will see 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brennan Huff said:

Beane is so awful I’m sure he would have drafted Tony Eason over Kelly

?, okay, okay, I give up, I can’t top that, ?

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

It's good for the Bills that he's gone to an NFC team.

Always unlikely that he would come to the Bills with the cap freeze.

It's unlikely that the vikes are better with Ngakoue if they lost Griffen, Diggs and their NT. New CBs too.

Their new corners are way better than than old corners, but the rest is on point. I don’t think ngakoue is much better than Griffen 

17 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m glad the Bills didn’t go after him. 
Similar to quarterback I think you draft defensive ends non stop until 1-2 rookies hit. 
Given our team structure we’re not going to pay big time defensive end money. Murphy and Hughes have decent money but once that’s gone those millions go to another position we re sign. We’re not paying any ends 15+ million for awhile. I still think Yannick is mostly a hype machine. One really good season on a top defense and mediocre the rest of the time. I like his fit in Minnesota but I’m glad he’s not in buffalo. 

From what I’ve heard from CFB guys, this is supposed to be a great draft year for DL.  

I’m with you, I think we’re pretty strong on the DL this year, and next, but this offseason begins the draft process of adding more young, rookie contract talent, to Epenesa and Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. They could have found a way to keep Diggs... but they want to run the ball a lot on offense they felt losing one of their two top end receivers was worth it to maintain and upgrade the defense. 

They are gonna run a lot. The Kubiak stretch zone scheme..... Cook is gonna get fed a LOT

And Mattison.  He’s going to get more run this year imo.  Once he shows he’s just as productive, they don’t have to pay cook.  I wouldn’t pay that guy over 10 mill a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Yeah truth be told I have a total man crush on Brandon Beane. I would have liked to have acquired Ngakoue but I trust the process 

Understand ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:
The Vikings and DE Yannick Ngakoue worked overnight on an adjustment to his franchise tender, landing at a little under $13 million. That's down from $17.778 million. And Minnesota made clear its intention to do a long-term deal in '21. So ... Ngakoue REALLY wanted out of Jax.

This confuses me.  Does anyone have an example of something like this happening in the past?

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

The article I read on ESPN said that the Vikes will be re-structuring the deal to create cap space this season. Not sure how that works under the franchise tender, but.... https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29771509/jaguars-agree-trade-de-yannick-ngakoue-vikings

that cannot  be true. i thought the new rules made the franchise tender unrestructurable after july 2015 no?

thta is why i think they will cut / restructure somebody else - and my guesses were Harrison Smith and / or Riley Reiff

1 hour ago, ALF said:
The Vikings and DE Yannick Ngakoue worked overnight on an adjustment to his franchise tender, landing at a little under $13 million. That's down from $17.778 million. And Minnesota made clear its intention to do a long-term deal in '21. So ... Ngakoue REALLY wanted out of Jax.

i guess maybe they allowed the player to take less than the tender amount and Ngakoue was willing to eat 4.8 mill just to get out. just a 2nd and 5th and a 5 mill pay cut - Beane whatcha doing man? ?

5 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I think we missed an opportunity here.. Would have been nice to have him opposite of Epenesa for the next 5-6 years... A 2nd and a 5th ain’t much for a perennial 10 sack a year DE... but Beane knows more than I.... I trust the process.. DE will probably be a high priority position for us in next year’s draft...

We dodged a massive cap problem. 

His contract will be huge. 

5 hours ago, NoSaint said:

right. By adding talent at a more premium position. And likely acquiring a high comp pick as Milano would count and YN doesn’t. 

it wouldn’t have been crazy. And Milano has a good chance of being gone regardless. 

Very very unlikely we'd get a comp pick for Milano. We'd need more departures and arrivals to even get any picks and that doesn't seem realistic. 

37 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

We dodged a massive cap problem. 

His contract will be huge. 

Very very unlikely we'd get a comp pick for Milano. We'd need more departures and arrivals to even get any picks and that doesn't seem realistic. 

next year you think we will be signing more UFAs than guys walking? Especially with DE settled?