Ngakoue traded to Vikings

scribo

I think we missed an opportunity here.. Would have been nice to have him opposite of Epenesa for the next 5-6 years... A 2nd and a 5th ain’t much for a perennial 10 sack a year DE... but Beane knows more than I.... I trust the process.. DE will probably be a high priority position for us in next year’s draft...

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I think we missed an opportunity here.. Would have been nice to have him opposite of Epenesa for the next 5-6 years... A 2nd and a 5th ain’t much for a perennial 10 sack a year DE... but Beane knows more than I.... I trust the process.. DE will probably be a high priority position for us in next year’s draft...

Trading for Ngakoue would have cost the Bills the ability to re-sign at least one of our best players, at the very least Milano.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not an exhorbitant price to pay, tbh. Depends though, on the sort of contract he gets. Maybe he simply just wanted out of Jax, and is prepared to be 'reasonable'.

While I think we could have afforded the picks, I'm not sure adding another big contract into the mix, is the right move atm, not when we are going to be looking to pay our own soon - i.e. Milano and White.

We have bolstered the pass rush this off season with Addison and Epenesa, so we should be good for this year. Just have to keep the eyes peeled for another young rusher in years to come, either draft or FA.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, scribo said:

Trading for Ngakoue would have cost the Bills the ability to re-sign at least one of our best players, at the very least Milano.

right. By adding talent at a more premium position. And likely acquiring a high comp pick as Milano would count and YN doesn’t. 

it wouldn’t have been crazy. And Milano has a good chance of being gone regardless. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Jags may not hv traded Ngakoue within the conference for the same trade package. opportunity missed only if a, bills wanted him and b. Beane did not try - no evidence of the latter 

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

i agree Jags may not hv traded Ngakoue within the conference for the same trade package. opportunity missed only if a, bills wanted him and b. Beane did not try - no evidence of the latter 

Many of the teams I saw him linked to were AFC Including the Jets. I bet they took a bit less to get him out of conference.

9 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Not an exhorbitant price to pay, tbh. Depends though, on the sort of contract he gets. Maybe he simply just wanted out of Jax, and is prepared to be 'reasonable'.

While I think we could have afforded the picks, I'm not sure adding another big contract into the mix, is the right move atm, not when we are going to be looking to pay our own soon - i.e. Milano and White.

We have bolstered the pass rush this off season with Addison and Epenesa, so we should be good for this year. Just have to keep the eyes peeled for another young rusher in years to come, either draft or FA.

It very much depends on if he even stays in Minnesota.  Remember it’s just a one year, $17.8M contract and he can’t sign a new one until the next league year.  My bet is that the conditional pick depends on him signing another deal in Minny.

I’ve got no problem with the Bills apparent lack of interest in Ngakoue.  They’ve already invested so heavily in the DL he didn’t make a lot of sense.  $55M on the books right now for this season, $50M next, a top 10 pick in 2019 and a second round pick this season is already a lot.  Adding almost $18M this season and then possibly a contract with $22M or so AAV after would've been excessive.

• Like (+1) 1

The Vikings won't be able to keep him, especially if we have a reduced cap next year. Glad it wasn't us. I'm not much on lightweight DE's who think they deserve $20,000,000+ a year when their play and stats say otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 2

So many things we don’t know as Bills fans. I’m sure it will come out. Did Beane make a phone call? Did Yannick have a list of teams he would or wouldn’t play for? Did Beane and McDermott feel Yannick was a fit both on the field and in the culture? 
On face value a 2nd and then a 5th rounder in 2022 isn’t a lot. Sure, I want a DE who averages almost 10 sacks a season for that. 
I also must remind myself the Bills got Addison in FA who does that same thing, albeit Addison is older but still has similar production to Yannick. DE can produce well into their 30’s, I look at Jon Abraham as an example. 

51 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

It's good for the Bills that he's gone to an NFC team.

Always unlikely that he would come to the Bills with the cap freeze.

It's unlikely that the vikes are better with Ngakoue if they lost Griffen, Diggs and their NT. New CBs too.

Both of their coordinators as well.

• Like (+1) 1