Norwood’s XXV game jersey up for auction

4_kidd_4

13 hours ago, klos63 said:

He had a 62% kick percentage the year after. He was terrible.

Yeah, I was a little confused when I saw the post about him not missing anything the next year.  I specifically remember watching the Raiders game where he missed 3 field goals and an extra point before finally winning in OT: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199112080rai.htm

• Like (+1) 1

Donuts, hindsight 20/20, but the more obvious answer is if Levy had his head about him, he would have realized Belicheck, that bastage was only rushing three, we could have ran the ball down their throats and not been in that situation.  He had I think it was either 13 or 14 rushing attempts for 135 yards, and to be crazy had another 55 in short passes.  He dwarfed the mvp, Otis Anderson in stats.  The stubbornness of Kelly and Levy to keep trying the no huddle when if they would have racked up over 225 yards, BB would have had to play more up in the box.  We would have controlled the clock, and NYG would not have ball control for 11 minutes in the 3rd quarter.

We blew it terribly in that game.  Had we won that game, we could have won more.  Norwood should not have been put in that position.  Had he had to kick under 40, he probably could have made it.  I hate even talking about it as I was young and had so much hope.  That game should have been at a minimum 26-20 or better Bills and the Thurmonator as the MVP with the most yards ever by a RB in SB history.  He has a right even though he doesn’t say it being bitter about such crappy play calling.

3 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Yeah, I was a little confused when I saw the post about him not missing anything the next year.  I specifically remember watching the Raiders game where he missed 3 field goals and an extra point before finally winning in OT: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199112080rai.htm

Honestly, Talley, I meant to apologize as I looked up after the fact and went on what Polian said in a couple of interviews.  Shame on me.  I’m the first to apologize though when I’m wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Pass.  Feel bad for the guy as he had a good career, kickers did not typically make 47 yarders back then, and he didn’t miss a kick the following year.  

He missed a 25 yarder on opening day against Miami 

• Like (+1) 1

That guy never recovered from that embarrassment.  I don’t want to say who, but met a good friend of Norwood who was on the team, And he said he was rattled since.  It’s really too bad.  It was a kick.  I hated we lost that game, but so much was on the team and the coaches, not just one missed kick.  It’s crazy it will be 30 years in January, and we are still talking about it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Honestly, Talley, I meant to apologize as I looked up after the fact and went on what Polian said in a couple of interviews.  Shame on me.  I’m the first to apologize though when I’m wrong.

No worries, I wasn't saying what I said to come down on you or anything.  I was just a little confused.  Good on you for admitting your mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

https://sports.ha.com/itm/football-collectibles/uniforms/1990-scott-norwood-super-bowl-xxv-game-worn-buffalo-bills-jersey-with-player-letter/a/50029-80073.s

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-kicker-scott-norwoods-wide-right-jersey-from-super-bowl-xxv-up-for-auction/article_b71eac8c-e7e5-11ea-a735-cb2144a5e684.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

$23k & counting!

He sold it to a collector in ‘08, and the anonymous owner is auctioning it.

I say we “go fund me”, bring it back to Buffalo and bury it deep, only to be exhumed when we can wrap our first Lombardi in it!

“This letter is to certify that the accompanying game worn jersey was issued to me by the Buffalo Bills and worn during Super Bowl XXV versus the New York Giants. The jersey has been in my family possession since that game and is an original and the only one that I wore at Super Bowl XXV. I hope that a fan enjoys it as much as I enjoyed playing football in the NFL.

“Sincerely, Scott A. Norwood”

So I’m guessing he went bankrupt 3 times had multiple injuries and car accidents. His mother in law moved  in and he got the clap. After all this he is just now realizing that the Norwood jersey has bad juju.

18 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Pass.  Feel bad for the guy as he had a good career, kickers did not typically make 47 yarders back then, and he didn’t miss a kick the following year.  

Dude you are wrong

he missed 3 fgs and an xp in one game again he raiders the following year

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mr. K said:

In the parallel universe where he made that kick the jersey disappeared after the game and it turned into an international incident and eventually was found...

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

That guy never recovered from that embarrassment.  I don’t want to say who, but met a good friend of Norwood who was on the team, And he said he was rattled since.  It’s really too bad.  It was a kick.  I hated we lost that game, but so much was on the team and the coaches, not just one missed kick.  It’s crazy it will be 30 years in January, and we are still talking about it.  

You could tell from the 30 for 30 that he is clearly still troubled by it.  He doesn't deserve to feel that way but it's understandably so why he does.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Donuts, hindsight 20/20, but the more obvious answer is if Levy had his head about him, he would have realized Belicheck, that bastage was only rushing three, we could have ran the ball down their throats and not been in that situation.  He had I think it was either 13 or 14 rushing attempts for 135 yards, and to be crazy had another 55 in short passes.  He dwarfed the mvp, Otis Anderson in stats.  The stubbornness of Kelly and Levy to keep trying the no huddle when if they would have racked up over 225 yards, BB would have had to play more up in the box.  We would have controlled the clock, and NYG would not have ball control for 11 minutes in the 3rd quarter.

We blew it terribly in that game.  Had we won that game, we could have won more.  Norwood should not have been put in that position.  Had he had to kick under 40, he probably could have made it.  I hate even talking about it as I was young and had so much hope.  That game should have been at a minimum 26-20 or better Bills and the Thurmonator as the MVP with the most yards ever by a RB in SB history.  He has a right even though he doesn’t say it being bitter about such crappy play calling.

9 times out of 10 we win that game easily. 1 time out of 10.....

Also, the Giants took the 3rd qtr kickoff and used up 11 minutes. This had nothing to do with our offense, all on our defense. That was horrible.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, klos63 said:

9 times out of 10 we win that game easily. 1 time out of 10.....

Also, the Giants took the 3rd qtr kickoff and used up 11 minutes. This had nothing to do with our offense, all on our defense. That was horrible.

Our defense was the weak link of that team back then.  It was never as good as some like to remember it, despite the name recognition of some of the players.  

I have always said the same thing about the loss: that we would have beaten the Giants at least 4 out of 5, and maybe 9 out of 10.

We got badly out-coached in that game, among other things.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Our defense was the weak link of that team back then.  It was never as good as some like to remember it, despite the name recognition of some of the players.  

I have always said the same thing about the loss: that we would have beaten the Giants at least 4 out of 5, and maybe 9 out of 10.

We got badly out-coached in that game, among other things.

so many things went wrong,  safety instead of fumble, Talley missing tackles like never before, not running enough....ugh

• Like (+1) 1