Milwaukee Bucks say they will forfeit playoff game tonight, then NBA postpones all games...

eball

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

define expect? 

im not shocked he was shot. 

I think we shoot too many people and are cool with it if the guy does just about anything wrong. 

I don’t think it’s ok to resist arrest. Rarely do I think it should be immediate death.

Expect the unknown... a 9mm out of the door panel... could be anything. By the way, hope you stay safe, that mofo is upon you and you are on the ***** side of it... could possibly be a 5 when it hits land.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is true, but personally I've always turned to sports to tune out from real-life and to provide a distraction. Since they've become one in the same I've found myself watching less and less. Watching less TV overall really. Maybe that's a good thing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Expect the unknown... a 9mm out of the door panel... could be anything. By the way, hope you stay safe, that mofo is upon you and you are on the ***** side of it... could possibly be a 5 when it hits land.

but when you can shoot for any unknown you can shoot at nearly any time no matter what. That’s precisely the part that worries me. Immediate threat of death/serious harm vs when anything could happen is a thin but important distinction. Sometimes clearer than others and I do try to respect that but also try to remember which side is trained/tasked with great duty and which side is often drunk/high/mentally ill/scared/or just having an awful day.

and thanks for the well wishes! I’m in Nola so should be breezy and some spurts of rain. Will be absolutely devastating where it hits though. Really escalated in a hell of a way. 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, T&C said:

@NoSaint I second the stay safe part. I don’t know where exactly you are but it’s going to be pretty terrible down through LaFourche. I’m right by City Park so it’s mostly rain and hopefully no storm surge. Think we are okay. Prayers out to all of you in the eye of the storm.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The NBA leads again. They’ve taken the hard road to demand change. They’ve used their enormous platform to fix OBVIOUS problems in this country. If you think that sitting silently while an unarmed man is shot in the back 7 times is the best option you and I aren’t going to agree on much. This is a peaceful stand against injustice by some of the most powerful people in this country. That’s how change happens.

You think they should allow a guy who had warrants out for sexual assault and domestic abuse walk away simply because he is unarmed? 

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You think they should allow a guy who had warrants out for sexual assault and domestic abuse walk away simply because he is unarmed? 

I’ve kind of said my piece but we’ve seen people that have killed many walk away peacefully. I think that he should have been detained, arrested and tried. That’s the way it should have worked. 7 shots to the back followed by 2 more people getting murdered while protesting isn’t right. The punishment didn’t meet the crime. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve kind of said my piece but we’ve seen people that have killed many walk away peacefully. I think that he should have been detained, arrested and tried. That’s the way it should have worked. 7 shots to the back followed by 2 more people getting murdered while protesting isn’t right. The punishment didn’t meet the crime. 

He was not going to be detained without inflicting major damage on the cops- he made that clear when they stun gunned him and walked away- unless you feel that cops job require them to accept getting hurt. Breonna Taylor is unacceptable, George Floyd is unacceptable, but this is not anywhere near those. 

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

He was not going to be detained without inflicting major damage on the cops- he made that clear when they stun gunned him and walked away- unless you feel that cops job require them to accept getting hurt. Breonna Taylor is unacceptable, George Floyd is unacceptable, but this is not anywhere near those. 

I posted videos earlier of guys chasing cops with nunchucks and/or a knife. Cops shouldn’t be shooting anyone unless they are in an active shootout. That’s kind of how we’ve gotten here. Non-lethal force must be used. There’s a reason for the outrage across the country on this and it isn’t because it was good, but unfortunate, police work. It was a disaster.

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

oh that’s all you have to say? Guy kills two people and maims a third and well, “that’s his choice” ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  But the people he killed were “playing stupid games.” People beside you and you clan are familiar with your racist, dogwhistle phases like PSGWSP by the way. Not fooling anyone here.

?Racist dogwhistles. You're a hoot. Me saying the kid gets what he gets is racist?

That's too funny. I implied the kid should get whatever punishment his actions brought on him because he made his choice and you have a problem with that? I guess we as people don't deserve consequences for our actions. ?

Your emotions don't make you correct, they make you emotional.

Just now, LB3 said:

?Racist dogwhistles. You're a hoot. Me saying the kid gets what he gets is racist?

That's too funny. I implied the kid should get whatever punishment his actions brought on him because he made his choice and you have a problem with that? I guess we as people don't deserve consequences for our actions. ?

We can’t all be as enlightened as you, luckily. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LB3 said:

you also said protesters (or sorry, “rioters”) playing stupid games get stupid prizes. Selective memory is reserved for you lot. Since you seem so very hesitant to admit what lil’ Kyle did was premeditated murder, I wonder why he had latex gloves on. Maybe you can tell us since you seem of a like mind. Covid concerns? Nah probably not because 1) no mask and 2) covid’s a hoax anyways right guy? Hmmm...I wonder why he drove 30 mins from his house with an AR and latex gloves...

Edited by JoPoy88

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

you also said protesters (or sorry, “rioters”) playing stupid games get stupid prizes. Selective memory is reserved for you lot. Since you seem so very hesitant to admit what lil’ Kyle did was premeditated murder, I wonder why he had latex gloves on. Maybe you can tell us since you seem of a like mind. Covid concerns? Nah probably not because 1) no mask and 2) covid’s a hoax anyways right guy? Hmmm...I wonder why he drove 30 mins from his house with an AR and latex gloves...

1. He had a mask. There are videos.

2. He drove to stop rioters from burning down innocent businesses.

Gloves were to prevent getting Covid from rioters. Obviously.

Edited by LB3