Milwaukee Bucks say they will forfeit playoff game tonight, then NBA postpones all games...

eball

Just now, NoSaint said:

If that’s your takeaway to saying we shouldn’t shoot people for running away than I’ll echo previous sentiments that you are a bad person. And I’ll consider that being nice to you based on what I really think of responses like that.

You're ok letting criminals being let go to harm innocent people. I'm very comfortable knowing you're an awful person.

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Supporter of what? Not getting shot by a cowardly little brainwashed white kid? Yes I am a supporter of that. “Low information” allegations coming from a card carrying smooth brained chud who thinks all news is fake. Irony man.

I'm glad you had time to regroup and respond to my same post a second time. The kid is defending the rights of innocent business owners. I get that you love rioting, but let's at least be honest.

I posted a video of the beginning. If you click on it, you'll see it through the final confrontation.

Back on topic. The players are all posing cowards if they don't cancel the entire season. It will be interesting to see what my second favorite player (AI #1 forever) ever LeBron will do. Does he want another title enough to ignore this? Does he have the courage of his convictions?

Jacob Blake had a knife in his hand ALREADY and was going for a gun in vehicle.  Only wonder is why he wasn't shot even sooner.  Sorry, not honoring these ***** ****heads like Blake and Floyd.  An aside - looters should be shot on sight, too.

2 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Jacob Blake had a knife in his hand ALREADY and was going for a gun in vehicle.  Only wonder is why he wasn't shot even sooner.  Sorry, not honoring these ***** ****heads like Blake and Floyd.  An aside - looters should be shot on sight, too.

Why stop there? Let’s kill jaywalkers and people who don’t return shopping carts too.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I'm glad you had time to regroup and respond to my same post a second time. The kid is defending the rights of innocent business owners. I get that you love rioting, but let's at least be honest.

I posted a video of the beginning. If you click on it, you'll see it through the final confrontation.

did the kid own property down there? Did his parents? So no, not his job. He’s not batman. The property owners can protect their own. If not, it is the cops’ job to protect that property. If the cops can’t do it, then the national guard comes in and does it. Period. I don’t know what system of vigilantism you think exists in this country but you’re ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

found LB3’s alt account

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Why stop there? Let’s kill jaywalkers and people who don’t return shopping carts too.

I hate cigarette smoke. Let's add them. They have to take down their masks to smoke anyways. Two birds! 

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just wanted to say that it is so gross and sad and disappointing and nauseating and infuriating that so many people still don't recognize the very real problem of systemic racism in this country in general, and police brutality against people of color in particular.

Anyone who says it's not a real problem only has the luxury of feeling that way because they have the privilege of not having to confront it every time they leave the house. You don't see racism and police brutality as problems because you have the PRIVILEGE of ignoring the prevalence of them and the dangers they pose. It's that simple.

That's all. I'm honestly not interested in debating the existence of systemic racism and police brutality in our country, because I recognize that both are FACTS OF LIFE in America in 2020. There's no sense in debating the existence of something that is very clearly real.

It is so exhausting and so disheartening to see this stuff again and again and again, and to know that nothing is changing, that nothing is improving. It is so exhausting and so disheartening to see people explain away the violent and unlawful actions of the police simply because "the person they murdered deserved it because he was a petty criminal!". As if whatever crime the person committed entitles the police to murder them in cold blood. It is so exhausting and disheartening to see that the men who killed Breonna Taylor -- who was in her own home, asleep in her bed, committing no crimes -- are still policemen. It is so disheartening and exhausting to see people defend them, defend other murderous police officers, defend vigilante lunatics with guns and LARP costumes and justice fantasies. It is so disheartening and exhausting to see so many people be more upset that they don't get to watch their precious sports game than they are that people of color keep getting murdered by armed agents of the state with impunity.

I'm this exhausted and this disheartened, and I'm only a spectator. I'm not a person of color, living this truth and this danger every day of my life. Imagine how exhausting and disheartening and terrifying it must be for THEM?

My heart hurts, seeing this stuff again and again. I don't know what else to say. We can do better. We can be better. If not now, when?

I heard a story earlier this offseason and it was from a coach who was black. It may have been a Bills coach or an NBA guy or something. I don’t remember who it was. Obviously though he’s making a few hundred thousand dollars a year. He lives in a complex of sorts. He was talking about when he goes to throw his garbage at night he has to make sure that he doesn’t have a hoodie on to avoid getting harassed by cops/neighbors. That kind of blew my mind. That would never even cross my mind. My parents never told me how to react if I get pulled over, where to keep my hands, etc... That’s not a world that I’ve ever lived in. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

did the kid own property down there? Did his parents? So no, not his job. He’s not batman. The property owners can protect their own. If not, it is the cops’ job to protect that property. If the cops can’t do it, then the national guard comes in and does it. Period. I don’t know what system of vigilantism you think exists in this country but you’re ridiculous.

found LB3’s alt account

We all saw what happened to the business owner who protected his own business without a gun. Hopefully he doesn't have brain damage.

Edit: I don't have an alt account. There are other decent people who don't condone crime in America. Who knew.

Edited by LB3

4 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

no one is exalting Floyd or Blake 

neither seem like great guys.

that doesn’t mean there’s a free pass on anything anyone does to them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You think the police should be able to shoot someone because they can't run faster than him? 

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

yes. 

unless they are an immediate threat I do not believe they should be shot. I think there are very few if any exceptions. 

I accept that more may get away, and other crimes may be committed as a result. That does not change the opinion. 

do you think that simply running away should be cause to shoot?

Stating a guy with warrants for domestic abuse and sexual assault is the same as someone just running from cops is dishonest. NoSaint you and I disagree but I respect your willingness to deal with repurcussions. I disagree because the worst people will never listen to cops in that situation and the decent folks will be most inconvenienced. 

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just wanted to say that it is so gross and sad and disappointing and nauseating and infuriating that so many people still don't recognize the very real problem of systemic racism in this country in general, and police brutality against people of color in particular.

Anyone who says it's not a real problem only has the luxury of feeling that way because they have the privilege of not having to confront it every time they leave the house. You don't see racism and police brutality as problems because you have the PRIVILEGE of ignoring the prevalence of them and the dangers they pose. It's that simple.

That's all. I'm honestly not interested in debating the existence of systemic racism and police brutality in our country, because I recognize that both are FACTS OF LIFE in America in 2020. There's no sense in debating the existence of something that is very clearly real.

It is so exhausting and so disheartening to see this stuff again and again and again, and to know that nothing is changing, that nothing is improving. It is so exhausting and so disheartening to see people explain away the violent and unlawful actions of the police simply because "the person they murdered deserved it because he was a petty criminal!". As if whatever crime the person committed entitles the police to murder them in cold blood. It is so exhausting and disheartening to see that the men who killed Breonna Taylor -- who was in her own home, asleep in her bed, committing no crimes -- are still policemen. It is so disheartening and exhausting to see people defend them, defend other murderous police officers, defend vigilante lunatics with guns and LARP costumes and justice fantasies. It is so disheartening and exhausting to see so many people be more upset that they don't get to watch their precious sports game than they are that people of color keep getting murdered by armed agents of the state with impunity.

I'm this exhausted and this disheartened, and I'm only a spectator. I'm not a person of color, living this truth and this danger every day of my life. Imagine how exhausting and disheartening and terrifying it must be for THEM?

My heart hurts, seeing this stuff again and again. I don't know what else to say. We can do better. We can be better. If not now, when?

Amen. I can't believe this thread.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Sorry, not honoring these ***** ****heads like Blake and Floyd.

Floyd was a drug addict. There is zero room for leniency in what the police did to him. It's disgusting to lump him in with Blake. Have you ever been close to anyone who was a drug addict? If so you wouldn't put out garbage like this. He was flat out murdered.

Blake there is more of a gray area. I wish the police had done something before he got to the car but once he got there and was reaching in I don't know what they were supposed to do. There's a real police training video of a man reaching into a car and pulling out a rifle and shooting the police officer. I don't expect any police officer to gamble their life.

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

no one is exalting Floyd or Blake 

neither seem like great guys.

that doesn’t mean there’s a free pass on anything anyone does to them. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/who-was-george-floyd-the-gentle-giant-who-loved-his-hugs-11997206

Plenty of people were exalting George Floyd, which does not exonerate cops, but this was first headline I found 

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

Stating a guy with warrants for domestic abuse and sexual assault is the same as someone just running from cops is dishonest. NoSaint you and I disagree but I respect your willingness to deal with repurcussions. I disagree because the worst people will never listen to cops in that situation and the decent folks will be most inconvenienced. 

ok

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

ok. Guy also had a knife and he reached into the car after being tased and fighting with the cops and the cops did not know what he had in there so they shot.

a female was sexually assaulted by this guy a month ago and he violated a protective order. Here’s what should be learned from this. Don’t sexually assault women. He never would have had a run in with the police. 

Yeah, a guy who might have a knife is a deadly threat to two or three cops with guns. That sounds reasonable. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

to be fair, you kind of changed the goal line a bit

bringing it back to solely this case, from your earlier post that implied a general running from police. It might have been unintentional but each of us responded reading it as a broad statement.