Milwaukee Bucks say they will forfeit playoff game tonight, then NBA postpones all games...

eball

11 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Why do you think this?

Because if you are pressing him for a direct answer I wonder if you even understand what you are asking. Which means I suspect the real answer isn’t what you are truly looking for here.

Just now, NoSaint said:

Because if you are pressing him for a direct answer I wonder if you even understand what you are asking. Which means I suspect the real answer isn’t what you are truly looking for here.

Listen Socrates....sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.  You don't have to  pontificate on the details in an effort to make yourself look intelligent. I was looking for a simple yes or no, not some roundabout esoteric psychology trip.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Answer the question directly.  Not a round about response. Do you think Twitter is helping or hurting society with regards to the social issues we're dealing with.

I think Twitter is definitely a detriment to helping find solutions to almost any issues. It gives a forum for the least educated on any topic the ability to pontificate to a large audience without a proper chance for those who are educated to respond. That does not mean it has no good features but on big issues it makes any deep thoughts difficult

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think Twitter is definitely a detriment to helping find solutions to almost any issues. It gives a forum for the least educated on any topic the ability to pontificate to a large audience without a proper chance for those who are educated to respond. That does not mean it has no good features but on big issues it makes any deep thoughts difficult

Twitter is what you make of it. I go there looking for news and especially sports news and updates. I don't go there or FB looking for solutions to anything.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Listen Socrates....sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.  You don't have to  pontificate on the details in an effort to make yourself look intelligent. I was looking for a simple yes or no, not some roundabout esoteric psychology trip.

And if you think social media’s effect on society’s ills is a cigar.... I’ll stand by my last comment 

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

This is the trashbag the wokesters can’t love enough.   

(From aunt of Blake’s victim) 

A0943F75-B715-4658-A227-99A43BC21C2B.jpeg

Who is saying they love him?

i do see A LOT of Kyle rittenhouse is a true American patriot though. That we should aspire to hold it down like he does. This video making the rounds currently makes it uncomfortable with that celebration.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EyesLeftPod/status/1299810351786074112

I’ll say it 100 times over. There’s a difference between humanizing and idolizing. Sometimes it’s been crossed in these shootings, no doubt, but I think a lot of the folks criticizing are making no distinction and that’s lame. 

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 10:57 AM, NoSaint said:

Who is saying they love him?

i do see A LOT of Kyle rittenhouse is a true American patriot though. That we should aspire to hold it down like he does. This video making the rounds currently makes it uncomfortable with that celebration.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EyesLeftPod/status/1299810351786074112

I’ll say it 100 times over. There’s a difference between humanizing and idolizing. Sometimes it’s been crossed in these shootings, no doubt, but I think a lot of the folks criticizing are making no distinction and that’s lame. 

Kamala Harris told Blake she was proud of him. I realize pride is different than love but either sentiment is terrible in regards to this guy. He is a bad guy regardless if you think the cops overreacted.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Kamala Harris told Blake she was proud of him. I realize pride is different than love but either sentiment is terrible in regards to this guy. He is a bad guy regardless if you think the cops overreacted.

do you think she was proud of the human he is, or simply in private giving him a not particularly meaningful word of encouragement in his recovery?

would you in any way compare this to the idolization that rittenhouse is receiving? 

Edited by NoSaint

39 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

do you think she was proud of the human he is, or simply in private giving him a not particularly meaningful word of encouragement in his recovery?

would you in any way compare this to the idolization that rittenhouse is receiving? 

Why is she discussing anything with him? Blaje is a scumbag and did dumb things that day when he disregarded the cops. Rittenhouse was trying to do the right thing and did a dumb thing in getting involved with people who wanted to kill him. 

I am curious why you think Blake is the better person of the two?

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Why is she discussing anything with him? Blaje is a scumbag and did dumb things that day when he disregarded the cops. Rittenhouse was trying to do the right thing and did a dumb thing in getting involved with people who wanted to kill him. 

I am curious why you think Blake is the better person of the two?

I am curious where I said “Blake is the better person”

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I am curious where I said “Blake is the better person”

You did compare them and the reaction- Blake is a scumbag by almost any definition while Rittenhouse seems to have gotten himself in over his head with people who were willing to kill him. The proud of Blake from Kamala seems worse to me than any official support of Ritte house has been.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You did compare them and the reaction- Blake is a scumbag by almost any definition while Rittenhouse seems to have gotten himself in over his head with people who were willing to kill him. The proud of Blake from Kamala seems worse to me than any official support of Ritte house has been.

by what metric did I say Blake is a better person? 

once you show you can handle even the basics of a conversation about this we can really get into the fun stuff. Until then, it doesn’t make much sense for me to engage.

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I have read our last two interactions on this and I do not understand what your point is here if not to condone her praise of an alleged rapist who ignored a restraining order. What is your point?

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I have read our last two interactions on this and I do not understand what your point is here if not to condone her praise of an alleged rapist who ignored a restraining order. What is your point?

Timmy, my man, I’m going to ask a third time... 

ready... deep breath and focus:

where do you see me saying Blake is a better man than rittenhouse?

if that incredibly basic question is too much for you, I’m not sure why you think I would want to discuss complex national issues with you. 

18 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You do realize that loser kid murdered people right?  Blake is a scumbag who didn’t murder someone.  You really don’t see the difference? 

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You do realize that loser kid murdered people right?  Blake is a scumbag who didn’t murder someone.  You really don’t see the difference? 

Even if you believe it to be a valid self defense claim.... to be using the posted video of the kid beating some girl up as the post to reply to had a certain amount of irony that seemed to be lost on ol Timothy. 

57 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You and I will disagree on the definition of murder since it was clearly self defense. Rittenhouse put himself in a bad situation and is not a hero but he is not as bad as Blake.