Milwaukee Bucks say they will forfeit playoff game tonight, then NBA postpones all games...

eball

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Yea- I’d be retreating from this one if I were you too. 

Funny coming from the guy who said he's ok with criminals fleeing to commit crime again rather than get shot.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

i suppose it’s less illegal at that point but “a friend gave it to me” doesn’t make it a legal weapon, right?

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

Funny coming from the guy who said he's ok with criminals fleeing to commit crime again rather than get shot.

And I will not shoot joe in the back. He is welcome to live another day.

im not sure “guy who doesn’t think fleeing is a death sentence” is the insult you think it is. In fact my stance is much smaller government than yours.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

i suppose it’s less illegal at that point but “a friend gave it to me” doesn’t make it a legal weapon, right?

How is it an illegal weapon? possession of a weapon is legal that was lawfully owned and legally given. If I give my cousin a gun to use he can legally use it.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Insanity can't be reasoned with. Insane people, by definition, think they're sane and everyone else isn't.

It really is nuts. Let criminals go to wreak havoc on innocents is some galaxy brain stuff to me.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

How is it an illegal weapon? possession of a weapon is legal that was lawfully owned and legally given. If I give my cousin a gun to use he can legally use it.

if you give your teenage cousin a legal gun that he is not permitted to open carry in that state and he is running around the streets I think that gets a bit less legal but I won’t pretend to be an expert in intricacies of WI gun law. 

I will say in many states he would not be able to open carry that weapon legally regardless of whether he carried it over the border 

17 minutes ago, LB3 said:

It really is nuts. Let criminals go to wreak havoc on innocents is some galaxy brain stuff to me.

when you stop putting people in buckets of criminals and innocents...  and start following concepts of liberty like being innocent until proven guilty, being owed due process, not authorizing a government you don’t trust to execute citizens in the street for non compliance, etc... it may become a bit more natural.

or maybe America isn’t the country for you. There are a lot of more authoritarian countries out there that you could also look into that actually support the values you espouse.

Edited by NoSaint

2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Disagree with nearly everything you said by a factor of 1000x. I’ll leave it there because the last time we debated something you went off the deep end. 

The last time we debated, you literally put words in my mouth that I didn’t say because you were so angry while reading what I actually did say. Hard to have any meaningful give and take when that’s the case, so I’m ok with not furthering this discussion. But there’s nothing you could say that would make me go off the deep end; you just don’t have that power. Although you tried by insulting my LEO grandfather and uncles.  

I’m not surprised in the least that you disagree with my opinion. In the meantime, I look for the character assassination of Rittenhouse’s victims by right wing media sources to ramp up. 

27 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Nice. A non-seqtwitter.

You had made the assertion that they were "trying to take the firearm he was illegally in possession of." Now, we will not go into the how silly it is to think the people chasing him down to do him harm (see below, bottom tweet I could not pull the first one out of the quote for some reason) would know or care whether or not the firearm he carried was legal or not. I was merely pointing out to you  that the attorney who helped him secure defense counsel stated that the weapon had not crossed state lines, and was therefore not "illegal."

21 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You had made the assertion that they were "trying to take the firearm he was illegally in possession of." Now, we will not go into the how silly it is to think the people chasing him down to do him harm (see below, bottom tweet I could not pull the first one out of the quote for some reason) would know or care whether or not the firearm he carried was legal or not. I was merely pointing out to you  that the attorney who helped him secure defense counsel stated that the weapon had not crossed state lines, and was therefore not "illegal."

honest question- can a 17 year old open carry in Wisconsin (without any kind of permit or paperwork)? 

the local DA and charge number 6 seem to suggest that not to be allowed but that he didn’t violate additional federal laws by transporting the weapon between states.

though again, not the local expert so leaning on some common sense and that the charge wasn’t totally made up. Could prove wrong there. Wouldn’t be the first or last.

Edited by NoSaint

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

honest question- can a 17 year old open carry in Wisconsin (without any kind of permit or paperwork)? 

There is a gun thread that the guys there would be able to help you with this question. My husband may be loaded for bear and licensed in a lot of states, but I am not. I do know there is a difference between a long gun and a pistol. I know that kids can hunt with a long gun. Having it loaded and walking down the street though? No idea. 

Gun thread to ask in. Hopefully, they can help you.

8 minutes ago, LB3 said:

In what world are you chasing someone in self defense?

Poorly phrased question that I reworded.

Person A has a gun and threatens person B with gun.  Person B chases after person A.  Person A shoots person B.  Can person A claim self defense?

I don't think they should but I was wondering about it.

15 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

when you stop putting people in buckets of criminals and innocents...  and start following concepts of liberty like being innocent until proven guilty, being owed due process, not authorizing a government you don’t trust to execute citizens in the street for non compliance, etc... it may become a bit more natural.

or maybe America isn’t the country for you. There are a lot of more authoritarian countries out there that you could also look into that actually support the values you espouse.

What's "interesting" is how Blake is a not given due process over his sexual assault arrest but this kid should be given every benefit of the doubt.

I wonder why that is.

3 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Ive seen nothing in any of the multitude of videos of the incident that shows him threatening or antagonizing anyone. The videos show him being antagonized and attacked. 

Yes, I trust the cops. I don’t trust the politicians in the DAs office. 

This just opens up so many more questions.

So videos are the end all be all?  Nothing could have happened to provoke the crowd into attacking him?  You trust the cops but not the DA, aren't they all a part of the US judicial system?  If you recognize there are flaws in the judicial system, can't you recognize that people of color might also feel the same way?  If you get to pick and choose what part of the judicial system you don't trust couldn't you see a scenario isn't it only fair that other people get to as well?

I'm sorry to pepper all of these questions at you but I am just trying to open my mind to your pov.

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

58 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Nice. A non-seqtwitter.

Can’t fault the kid’s lawyer for trying to shape the narrative. That’s what he’s paid to do. But in the face of the damning witness testimony being compiled, it’s gonna be a tough row to hoe. 

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He is not legally allowed to open carry in Wisconsin at the age of 17.  In other words, he was illegally in possession of that weapon which is why he is facing weapons charges.