Milwaukee Bucks say they will forfeit playoff game tonight, then NBA postpones all games...

eball

45 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Its called legitimizing armed vigilantes with zero qualifications to enforce the law and in this case it *shockingly* ended in tragedy.

The tragedy being that the kid that shot and killed 2 felons that were attempting to kill him was arrested? Tragic. I agree!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I’m going by process of elimination, because it obviously wasn’t based on probable cause.

Did you read the charges that have been filed against Rittenhouse?  I find it very interesting that you know the felony history of the deceased but you're blithely unaware of any laws Rittenhouse may have violated.

38 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

In your professional opinion, should the police coordinate and cooperate with a bunch of teens who rolled into town from the surrounding burbs to play Call of Duty Kenosha?

Coordinating and cooperating with? Is that what we’re going with? Not “be nice to because they’re the only ones not tryna blow up a cruiser or something?”

In any case your best bet is to stay home unless your neighborhood has completely gone to *****. 

The blatant disrespect for law and order by rioters is one thing. 

The blatant disrespect for law and order by officers sworn to protect it is quite another. 

The hypocrisy in this thread is shocking. Wish I could say I’m surprised. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Did you read the charges that have been filed against Rittenhouse?  I find it very interesting that you know the felony history of the deceased but you're blithely unaware of any laws Rittenhouse may have violated.

It certainly wasn’t “murder one”. He was being chased by people with guns, hitting him over the head with skateboards, and trying to take his rifle.

Just now, LeviF91 said:

Coordinating and cooperating with? Is that what we’re going with? Not “be nice to because they’re the only ones not tryna blow up a cruiser or something?”

In any case your best bet is to stay home unless your neighborhood has completely gone to *****. 

Yes, there is video evidence in Kenosha, Portland, and other cities of police coordinating plans with whatever you want to call Rittenhouse and the Patriot/Militia/Neighborhood-watch-for-not-my-neighborhood or the Proud Boys where they are explaining their future plans and movements.  Thats coordination and cooperation.

If it was just a thank you and a few water bottles I'd agree with you.

37 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

It certainly wasn’t “murder one”. He was being chased by people with guns, hitting him over the head with skateboards, and trying to take his rifle.

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The tragedy being that the kid that shot and killed 2 felons that were attempting to kill him was arrested? Tragic. I agree!

I'm asking this honestly because I have no idea what the answer is...

If I show up someplace with a gun and threaten people who in turn respond to that threat by chasing me and acting in self defense, do I then get to start shooting and claim self defense?  I guess another way to ask it is if I am the instigator of a situation and threaten people who defend themselves do I then get to shoot them and claim self defense?

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

I'm asking this honestly because I have no idea what the answer is...

If I show up someplace with a gun and threaten people who in turn respond to that threat by chasing me and acting in self defense, do I then get to start shooting and claim self defense?  I guess another way to ask it is if I am the instigator of a situation and threaten people who defend themselves do I then get to shoot them and claim self defense?

In that scenario you say you are threatening people with a gun. Where is the evidence that he was threatening people with his gun? If that evidence exists, I agree it is a different ballgame.

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

In that scenario you say you are threatening people with a gun. Where is the evidence that he was threatening people with his gun? If that evidence exists, I agree it is a different ballgame.

I didn't say he did.  I am asking what the law would say about a situation like that.

Does one lose the right to claim self defense if they start the situation?  Any of our resident LEO that can answer that question?

Seems like an easily exploitable loophole if so!

4 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Like i said, that’s a different ballgame IMO.

I think we can agree that in this instance it would be a plausible scenario. 

So why would the kid being arrested be a tragedy?  Why are you so sure that he is innocent and only acting in self defense?  Do we trust law enforcement or don't we?  If he was arrested shouldn't we believe that there is reasonable cause for the arrest?  If they charged him with murder 1 shouldn't we believe that they have evidence that would help support that charge?

8 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

He’s not being charged with murder in the first. At present the charges are first degree intentional homicide, first degree reckless homicide, and attempted first degree homicide. 

According to witnesses, Anthony Huber attacked Rittenhouser with his skateboard after watching Rittenhouse shoot Joseph Rosenbaum, who also later died from his wounds. One skateboard. One. And used in defense of human life to boot. Some might call that a heroic act, but never those pushing a far right agenda. 

People with guns? According to witnesses, there was one person with a gun, Gaige Grosskreutz who, again after Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum and Huber, walked towards Rittenhouse with his arms raised before Rittenhouse shot him in the arm and Grosskreutz ran away. 

Presumably, these witnesses and facts will be presented at trial. In the meantime, the far right has to work overtime to paint this kid as anything more than the trigger happy trouble maker he appears to be. That includes fostering a false narrative that he was the victim of unprovoked mob violence and was just trying to protect himself while “being chased by people with guns and hitting him over the head with skateboards.” 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He’s not being charged with murder in the first. At present the charges are first degree intentional homicide, first degree reckless homicide, and attempted first degree homicide. 

According to witnesses, Anthony Huber attacked Rittenhouser with his skateboard after watching Rittenhouse shoot Joseph Rosenbaum, who also later died from his wounds. One skateboard. One. And used in defense of human life to boot. Some might call that a heroic act, but never those pushing a far right agenda. 

People with guns? According to witnesses, there was one person with a gun, Gaige Grosskreutz who, again after Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum and Huber, walked towards Rittenhouse with his arms raised before Rittenhouse shot him in the arm and Grosskreutz ran away. 

Presumably, these witnesses and facts will be presented at trial. In the meantime, the far right has to work overtime to paint this kid as anything more than the trigger happy trouble maker he appears to be. That includes fostering a false narrative that he was the victim of unprovoked mob violence and was just trying to protect himself while “being chased by people with guns and hitting him over the head with skateboards.” 

Is intentional homicide substantially different from murder? Not familiar with Wisconsin statute tbh