Milwaukee Bucks say they will forfeit playoff game tonight, then NBA postpones all games...

eball

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He’s not being charged with murder in the first. At present the charges are first degree intentional homicide, first degree reckless homicide, and attempted first degree homicide. 

According to witnesses, Anthony Huber attacked Rittenhouser with his skateboard after watching Rittenhouse shoot Joseph Rosenbaum, who also later died from his wounds. One skateboard. One. And used in defense of human life to boot. Some might call that a heroic act, but never those pushing a far right agenda. 

People with guns? According to witnesses, there was one person with a gun, Gaige Grosskreutz who, again after Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum and Huber, walked towards Rittenhouse with his arms raised before Rittenhouse shot him in the arm and Grosskreutz ran away. 

Presumably, these witnesses and facts will be presented at trial. In the meantime, the far right has to work overtime to paint this kid as anything more than the trigger happy trouble maker he appears to be. That includes fostering a false narrative that he was the victim of unprovoked mob violence and was just trying to protect himself while “being chased by people with guns and hitting him over the head with skateboards.” 

Disagree with nearly everything you said by a factor of 1000x. I’ll leave it there because the last time we debated something you went off the deep end. 

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Disagree with nearly everything you said by a factor of 1000x. I’ll leave it there because the last time we debated something you went off the deep end. 

At this point, there's less than zero reason to engage with the left on any topic.

They've gone full ######.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, section122 said:

Does one lose the right to claim self defense if they start the situation?  Any of our resident LEO that can answer that question?

Seems like an easily exploitable loophole if so!

I think we can agree that in this instance it would be a plausible scenario. 

So why would the kid being arrested be a tragedy?  Why are you so sure that he is innocent and only acting in self defense?  Do we trust law enforcement or don't we?  If he was arrested shouldn't we believe that there is reasonable cause for the arrest?  If they charged him with murder 1 shouldn't we believe that they have evidence that would help support that charge?

Ive seen nothing in any of the multitude of videos of the incident that shows him threatening or antagonizing anyone. The videos show him being antagonized and attacked. 

Yes, I trust the cops. I don’t trust the politicians in the DAs office. 

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I think you might be surprised to find common ground provided you're willing to dig deep enough.

If anyone adheres to wokeness, I find that hard to believe. I do not, and will not, accept any of the tenets of that movement.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

If anyone adheres to wokeness, I find that hard to believe. I do not, and will not, accept any of the tenets of that movement.

I adhere to the idea that people aren't only their beliefs. We don't have to agree on everything (or anything) to understand we're all in this together.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I adhere to the idea that people aren't only their beliefs. We don't have to agree on everything (or anything) to understand we're all in this together.

Problem is when their beliefs begin the conversation by demanding I admit guilt to a sin I didn't commit, that's a non-starter.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

He’s not being charged with murder in the first. At present the charges are first degree intentional homicide, first degree reckless homicide, and attempted first degree homicide. 

According to witnesses, Anthony Huber attacked Rittenhouser with his skateboard after watching Rittenhouse shoot Joseph Rosenbaum, who also later died from his wounds. One skateboard. One. And used in defense of human life to boot. Some might call that a heroic act, but never those pushing a far right agenda. 

People with guns? According to witnesses, there was one person with a gun, Gaige Grosskreutz who, again after Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum and Huber, walked towards Rittenhouse with his arms raised before Rittenhouse shot him in the arm and Grosskreutz ran away. 

Presumably, these witnesses and facts will be presented at trial. In the meantime, the far right has to work overtime to paint this kid as anything more than the trigger happy trouble maker he appears to be. That includes fostering a false narrative that he was the victim of unprovoked mob violence and was just trying to protect himself while “being chased by people with guns and hitting him over the head with skateboards.” 

It's all a matter of semantics at this point, but I can't really use the label of trigger happy when the only people who were shot were people who came after him.  This whole thing will come down to why that first guy was chasing him.  I don't know if details of that are out there yet, but I haven't seen it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

It certainly wasn’t “murder one”. He was being chased by people with guns, hitting him over the head with skateboards, and trying to take his rifle.

They were trying to take the firearm he was illegally in possession of after he had shot and killed someone with whom he had an altercation earlier in the night.  

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

In that scenario you say you are threatening people with a gun. Where is the evidence that he was threatening people with his gun? If that evidence exists, I agree it is a different ballgame.

Do you want to wait for the facts before calling the arrest of someone who shot and killed while illegally in possession of a firearm a "tragedy"?  

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

They were trying to take the firearm he was illegally in possession of after he had shot and killed someone with whom he had an altercation earlier in the night.  

Do you want to wait for the facts before calling the arrest of someone who shot and killed while illegally in possession of a firearm a "tragedy"?  

LMAOOOO... so they just witnessed him pop a cap in one dudes dome, and instead of calling the police (the ones that you are suddenly fawning over), they chase a dude WITH A RIFLE to try to disarm him? Come on man... seriously. Come on. You act like these rioters were just out for a walk and were good old fashioned people like you and me. We’ve learned all three were convicted felons.   Joe is right. You guys have lost your damn minds. 

Edit: your hero, Mr Spaghetti For a Right Arm, was also illegally carrying a firearm. 

16 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The irony....

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

LMAOOOO... so they just witnessed him pop a cap in one dudes dome, and instead of calling the police (the ones that you are suddenly fawning over), they chase a dude WITH A RIFLE to try to disarm him? Come on man... seriously. Come on. You act like these rioters were just out for a walk and were good old fashioned people like you and me. We’ve learned all three were convicted felons.   Joe is right. You guys have lost your damn minds. 

Edit: your hero, Mr Spaghetti For a Right Arm, was also illegally carrying a firearm. 

Its on video.  Watch the videos and go look at the timeline put together by the people who were there. I haven't fawned over any police.  

You are debating facts.  If the events didn't happen as I and others laid out you are free to provide evidence to the contrary instead of your own bull#### speculation.  It shouldn't be hard.  Not sure you or the other angry parody of a person that is Joe had minds to lose.

Also, L O ***** L at "Everyone I don't agree with is the radical left!"

Edited by Jauronimo

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Its on video.  Watch the videos and go look at the timeline put together by the people who were there. I haven't fawned over any police.  

You are debating facts.  If the events didn't happen as I and others laid out you are free to provide evidence to the contrary instead of your own bull#### speculation.  It shouldn't be hard.  Not sure you or the other angry parody of a person that is Joe had minds to lose.

I’ve watched the videos. I watched him get antagonized by the sex offender in the parking lot... where mr sex offender boldly proclaimed “shoot me first *****”. I also watched where mr sex offender chased him, threw unknown objects at him, and then tried to take his rifle. Mr sex offender took one to the head. Mr. Skateboard Hero, and the aforementioned Mr Spaghetti For a Right Arm, along with several other pieces of human trash, chase him down. He trips. Someone gives a flying kick to his head, Skateboard Hero  hits him across the head with his skateboard, and then takes a .223 to the chest. Spaghetti paramedic approaches with his gun in hand and promptly takes a .223 to the inside of his elbow, turning his arm into pasta. 

What facts am I missing?

Absent other facts, justified. Justified. Justified. 

I’m open to there being other facts. 

RIP to Mr Sex Offender. RIP Mr Skateboard Hero. RIP to decent handwriting for Mr Spaghetti. 

There are some mistakes you only make once in life. Here, we’ve learned about a few of those. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I’ve watched the videos. I watched him get antagonized by the sex offender in the parking lot... where mr sex offender boldly proclaimed “shoot me first *****”. I also watched where mr sex offender chased him, threw unknown objects at him, and then tried to take his rifle. Mr sex offender took one to the head. Mr. Skateboard Hero, and the aforementioned Mr Spaghetti For a Right Arm, along with several other pieces of human trash, chase him down. He trips. Someone gives a flying kick to his head, Skateboard Hero  hits him across the head with his skateboard, and then takes a .223 to the chest. Spaghetti paramedic approaches with his gun in hand and promptly takes a .223 to the inside of his elbow, turning his arm into pasta. 

What facts am I missing?

Absent other facts, justified. Justified. Justified. 

I’m open to there being other facts. 

RIP to Mr Sex Offender. RIP Mr Skateboard Hero. RIP to decent handwriting for Mr Spaghetti. 

There are some mistakes you only make once in life. Here, we’ve learned about a few of those. 

Great so we finally agree on the events and timeline.  So what the ***** is your previous response about?

You're having a melt down.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

Great so we finally agree on the events and timeline.  So what the ***** is your previous response about?

You're having a melt down.

LOL..meltdown? I’m having fun with this baby. 

What previous response are you asterisking about?

2 hours ago, section122 said:

I'm asking this honestly because I have no idea what the answer is...

If I show up someplace with a gun and threaten people who in turn respond to that threat by chasing me and acting in self defense, do I then get to start shooting and claim self defense?  I guess another way to ask it is if I am the instigator of a situation and threaten people who defend themselves do I then get to shoot them and claim self defense?

In what world are you chasing someone in self defense?

• Haha (+1) 1