Jets offense vs backups in their scrimmage today

BillsMafi$

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hard to make sweeping judgements based on a day or two of practice, but yeah, the Jets are going to be a poor football team this year.

The main reason I bring up our RBs is based on last year. When Mosley went out, we fed Singletary and he had better runs than Gore. Now with Mosley opting out, and Singletary having a year under his belt, this could be an electric game for motor

10 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

The main reason I bring up our RBs is based on last year. When Mosley went out, we fed Singletary and he had better runs than Gore. Now with Mosley opting out, and Singletary having a year under his belt, this could be an electric game for motor

Oh for sure. I think Singletary will be a star by year's end. He was great last year but sat behind Gore too much and had the injury. He should be amazing this year.

Definately taking him in fantasy football.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Oh for sure. I think Singletary will be a star by year's end. He was great last year but sat behind Gore too much and had the injury. He should be amazing this year.

I think he's kinda been downplayed because of the shiny new toy out of Utah. The reports are Motor came in the same weight but much leaner and fit. I think the addition of Moss has sorta put him under the radar a bit. I'd like to think the slightly more fit physique leads to a bit more speed and even more explosiveness. 

5 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

The starting #Jets offense, working against the backups, had six possessions. They scored 0 points, turned it over three times (INT, two fumbles), punted three times and picked up five total first downs. 

Starting D wasn’t any better. 

Final score
Backups: 27
Starters: 0

-Connor Hughes 

PHEW! Thank God we don't have to face the JESTS Back Ups!

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think he's kinda been downplayed because of the shiny new toy out of Utah. The reports are Motor came in the same weight but much leaner and fit. I think the addition of Moss has sorta put him under the radar a bit. I'd like to think the slightly more fit physique leads to a bit more speed and even more explosiveness. 

If he plays the same as he did last year (minus a couple of fumbles) I'd be totally fine with it. Already averaging over 5 yards a carry and I'm sure if you project his yards and TD's over the full year (including games he played behind Gore) he would have very good stats.

But he'll probably be better, which is exciting.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

If he plays the same as he did last year (minus a couple of fumbles) I'd be totally fine with it. Already averaging over 5 yards a carry and I'm sure if you project his yards and TD's over the full year (including games he played behind Gore) he would have very good stats.

But he'll probably be better, which is exciting.

he would have been just over 1000 if you take his averages out over 16 games.... and thats with never really being a feature guy until super late into the season.

Well, it’s just a practice so I’ll table a bit.  If it is the dumpster fire I expect, the Jets will do what I expect them to do which is implode, coach gets fired, excuses are made, and the guy I feel bad about is Darnold.  He didn’t choose to get drafted by this show, and he didn’t want to be on this team.

If I were him, I’d do anything I could to make this a holdout like no other to get out after this year.  Go nuclear.  Whatever it takes to get on any other team.  He probably would do fin on another team.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

I'd like to take Devin in fantasy but with Moss likely getting the goal line carries, he'll lose those TD's to Moss. It'll be good for the Bills, but bad for Devin owners.

I've been burned by this scenario in years past. Unless you're so optimistic that we'll light up the scoreboard so much that it won't matter, i'd save Devin for later rounds personally.

But this is 1 of those cases where i hope i'm wrong & Devin gets 20 tds

I Wonder if they've inquired on AB. 

If Bell is doing any recruiting.  

He would get 150 targets in that weaponless offense.  

If AB wants to look like a stud and get one more contract this might be where to go.  No they wont win but he can show if he's still elite and they have to get Sam something.  

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

I Wonder if they've inquired on AB. 

If Bell is doing any recruiting.  

He would get 150 targets in that weaponless offense.  

If AB wants to look like a stud and get one more contract this might be where to go.  No they wont win but he can show if he's still elite and they have to get Sam something.  

I doubt Bell is doing any recruiting at this point. He’s probably on his way out if the Jets can get anything for him. Gase never wanted him Reportedly and still doesn’t want him imo. 

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I doubt Bell is doing any recruiting at this point. He’s probably on his way out if the Jets can get anything for him. Gase never wanted him Reportedly and still doesn’t want him imo. 

It’d be an extremely tough sell for someone to take on Bell’s contract. Not sure what Gase’s issues are with RBs. That addage of the NFL being a passing league is a tad bit overblown. Gase had a beast in Ajayi and that fell apart. And now with Bell getting yanked in that scrimmage game suspiciously, one wonders what Gase is trying to accomplish 

39 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm kind surprised there isn't more discussion about the Jets trading for Ballage.

Seems like just the kind of fodder to add to the Bell noise.

Probably not, but let's not miss an opportunity, mmmkay, people?

Bell can't be any happier after they added Ballage. I doubt he will last much longer.

Edited by Seoulofstone