Democrat Convention 2020.

B-Man

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Just announced.  This guy will be given a primetime speaking slot:

#Mao/Harris2020

When I saw that the other day I was sure this guy could never win. They gave him a speaking spot!?!?!?! Holy *****. The Democrats are truly crazy. If we had a semi-honest press (we don't) they would be completely dead as a party.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

When I saw that the other day I was sure this guy could never win. They gave him a speaking spot!?!?!?! Holy *****. The Democrats are truly crazy. If we had a semi-honest press (we don't) they would be completely dead as a party.

Lol I was being sarcastic!

But the fact you believed its possible shows how much the insane has taken over that party.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/10/2020 at 8:59 PM, B-Man said:

It's all so terribly old.

Oh, well I don't like ageism, but I sorta see what they mean. The ages of the convention lineup: 30 (AOC), 38 (Buttigieg), 45 (Yang), 48 (Whitmer), 50 (Giffords, Bottoms), 51 (Booker), 52 (Newsom, Duckworth), 55 (Kamala), 56 (Cortez Masto, Michelle, *****), 58 (Baldwin, Rochester), 59 (Barack, Yates), 60 (Grisham, Klobuchar), 62 (Cuomo), 66 (Jones), 68 (Evers, Kasich), 69 (Jill Biden, Schumer, Moore), 71 (Elizabeth), 72 (Thompson, Hillary), 73 (Bill), 76 (Kerry), 77 (Joe), 78 (Bernie, Bloomberg), 80 (Pelosi, Clyburn), and XX (Biden family). EDIT: apparently C O O N S is a no-no word! I meant Chris C., of course.

So you have the Bidens, the Obamas, the Clintons, Kerry, Pelosi, Schumer, Bernie, and Clyburn headlining the list. It’s deja vu all over again, with about the same entertainment of rewatching a fuzzy VHS tape of Space Cowboys on my parents’ dusty cathode ray TV. Kamala is a veritable newborn in that group. Maybe that’s the contrast the DNC wanted all along. How else are they going to sell their prison labor-loving political puppet to a voter base that resoundingly rejected her during the primaries?

A social democrat’s perspective: I counted 2 true progressive leftists, 2 quasi-progs, 30 variations of Republican-light, 2 actual Republicans cosplaying as Democrats, plus Biden’s family in that convention list…for a party whose base consists of anywhere between 35-45% progressive-friendly voters (going by the 2016 and 2020 primary results). Interesting representation ratio… And of course the DNC gives prime time speaking slots to a Lincoln Project type (Kasich) and a textbook two-party oligarch (Bloomberg) while largely muffling AOC with a short 1-minute time slot and allowing Yang to speak only after he begged them. Absolute perfection. The power of corporate donations in full display. You’d think this would push the Progressive Rage-O-Meter from the “accost cisgendered white male for using wrong gender pronoun” reading past a “throw brick through business window” one and right on over to the “tip over police chief’s car” mark.

It looks like Bernie speaks tomorrow night, AOC speaks on Tuesday, Warren speaks Wednesday night, and Yang speaks on Thursday. Expect from them a bunch of unity platitudes, apocalyptic Trump Derangement Syndrome-fueled forewarnings, and false Biden + Harris = FDR declarations. Basically 4 explicit propaganda lectures on the virtues of political lobotomization. No thank you.

Edited by RealKayAdams
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I want to know how long Joe will be allowed to speak- also when does he officially become the candidate? What happens if he clearly is not all there when giving his 45 minute speech?

he can always use “Cmon, man!” as a vocal tic judiciously.

• Haha (+1) 1

So the strategy is to use the 'Night of a Thousand Democratic Has-Been Stars' to distract everyone from the fact they've nominated Early Stage Joe?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I want to know how long Joe will be allowed to speak- also when does he officially become the candidate? What happens if he clearly is not all there when giving his 45 minute speech?

You better believe they'll have the 'technical difficulties' cued up and ready to take him offline at a moment's notice.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

he can always use “Cmon, man!” as a vocal tic judiciously.

Vegas has established the Over/under on that one at 2.5

3.5 on the fake laugh, with or without the 'c'mon man'.

Edited by KD in CA
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

• Like (+1) 3

On 8/16/2020 at 2:58 PM, Deranged Rhino said:

And give a prime time speech spot to a child rapist without compunction.

Oh Rhino you are so blinded...I feel sorry for you, such hatred must feel painful from the basement view....

BUT

I have to confess, at this stage of the race,  I predict a Trump win. Not because of him, but because the dems cannot move far enough to the middle to get the votes. Bernie, Lizzy, Hill, and Michelle....yuck...most voters in the middle hate them, I hate them....they are stopping Joe and Kammy from moving to the middle. The fringe left will never vote for your guy just like you will never vote for Joe. 

They preach to the choir, they need to preach to the people in the streets.

It hurts to say what I just confessed but unless Trump pulls a stupid Nixon stunt ( which is probable) he wins by default.

Just now, Niagara Bill said:

Oh Rhino you are so blinded...I feel sorry for you, such hatred must feel painful from the basement view....

BUT

I have to confess, at this stage of the race,  I predict a Trump win. Not because of him, but because the dems cannot move far enough to the middle to get the votes. Bernie, Lizzy, Hill, and Michelle....yuck...most voters in the middle hate them, I hate them....they are stopping Joe and Kammy from moving to the middle. The fringe left will never vote for your guy just like you will never vote for Joe. 

They preach to the choir, they need to preach to the people in the streets.

It hurts to say what I just confessed but unless Trump pulls a stupid Nixon stunt ( which is probable) he wins by default.

CCP Bill chimes in to protect Pedo-Bill. Proving again what CCP Bill really cares about -- being an advocate for the indefensible. 

Who's surprised? 

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

CCP Bill chimes in to protect Pedo-Bill. Proving again what CCP Bill really cares about -- being an advocate for the indefensible. 

Who's surprised? 

Proving once again that Rhino is the most misguided deviant on this site. The view from mom's basement has given you a deranged view. 

Such a deranged view of a statement that supports his direction. 

Proving of course, the only thing that is important in the basement and the Kremlin is conflict. I hope Putin uses you in the trials.