Democrat Convention 2020.

B-Man

I was somewhat surprised by four things from last night

They rolled out a lot of very wealthy people. Millionaires row from start to finish.

The number of canned speeches. Are Democrats still in a lockdown somewhere? The majority of Americans have either decided to or must get our there and get on with life as best they can. 

Michelle Obama's speech. I expected her not to mention Trump at all, with a speech that'd be more uplifting.

The fall of John Kasich. A man without a political country.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BillStime said:

seriously - shut it 

good argument, you sold me, I will vote for them.

27 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Florida are genius for opening up early

Florida is doing fine for a state with an elderly population. less deaths than NY had in nursing homes alone.

image.thumb.png.8e02c952c32078755fe6cf0a66f05fae.pngimage.thumb.png.fc12fff2f0df844918a7f44673e660c5.png

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LB3 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14244565

Typical....jerk...just like Pence position.

Let's overturn a law that has been in place for decades to stop abortion, go to church and pray for the unborn, BUT over see policy and political positions that oks the death of many citizens, old, young, sick, disabled, vets, front line people, doctors, nursex for the sake of a political party.

I am not pro abortion but I am anti hypocrite.

4 minutes ago, Gary M said:

good argument, you sold me, I will vote for them.

Florida is doing fine for a state with an elderly population. less deaths than NY had in nursing homes alone.

image.thumb.png.8e02c952c32078755fe6cf0a66f05fae.pngimage.thumb.png.fc12fff2f0df844918a7f44673e660c5.png

For a state that has elderly population, so what is the magic number of deaths that is ok,,,,,10, 1000, 10000, 20000, your grandma, your mother, your next door neighbors mother, your sisters best friend...?

13 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Typical....jerk...just like Pence position.

Let's overturn a law that has been in place for decades to stop abortion, go to church and pray for the unborn, BUT over see policy and political positions that oks the death of many citizens, old, young, sick, disabled, vets, front line people, doctors, nursex for the sake of a political party.

For a state that has elderly population, so what is the magic number of deaths that is ok,,,,,10, 1000, 10000, 20000, your grandma, your mother, your next door neighbors mother, your sisters best friend...?

I can't tell if you're having a stroke or if it's  just because you're Canadian ?. You might want to see a doctor.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LB3 said:

I can't tell if you're having a stroke or if it's  just because you're Canadian ?. You might want to see a doctor.

Typical...change subject you cannot defend...

Seriously, have a conscience...how can you be anti abortion yet allow your politicians to have policies that killed 160,000 people, many could have been avoided...

You asked for facts, you got them...then you run to insults.

Acknowledge the political short comings..acknowledge the political hypocrites 

Ps...I would go to a doctor but with socialized medicine it takes 7.5 months. Hahaha ?

Edited by Niagara Bill
Additional comments
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

BUT over see policy and political positions that oks the death of many citizens, old, young, sick, disabled, vets, front line people, doctors, nursex for the sake of a political party.

Huh? I am anti hypocrite as well, but are you talking about Cuomo or Pence? Cuomo  oked deaths of the disabled, not Pence. A political hypocrite is someone like Higgins who was antiabortion and became pro-abortion to conform with the party. Pence was never anti and then became pro-abortion, so he is not a hypocrite.

26 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Typical...change subject you cannot defend...

Seriously, have a conscience...how can you be anti abortion yet allow your politicians to have policies that killed 160,000 people, many could have been avoided...

You asked for facts, you got them...then you run to insults.

Acknowledge the political short comings..acknowledge the political hypocrites 

Ps...I would go to a doctor but with socialized medicine it takes 7.5 months. Hahaha ?

? A few things.

1. I didn't ask you for facts.

2. I didn't say anything about the content of your post. I made a joke about you saying "Florida are..." accompanied with a gif of a funny scene in the movie Rushmore.

3. Your "facts" are just emotional ramblings. You are a "from" person. I am a "with" person.

4. Where did I say that I'm anti-abortion?

5. What Trump policies killed people? The governors are in charge of their states. They know (or should know) best what their states need. Do you want Trump to be a fascist or not?

Edited by LB3
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Showing pictures AGAIN, Gramps?  Euchre tournament starts in the sun room at Springfield Retirement Castle (SRC) in an hour to take away your boredom.  Be there!

Oooooh tough guy - he got me aight

(idiots-complete idiots)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LB3 said:

? A few things.

1. I didn't ask you for facts.

2. I didn't say anything about the content of your post. I made a joke about you saying "Florida are..." accompanied with a gif of a funny scene in the movie Rushmore.

3. Your "facts" are just emotional ramblings. You are a "from" person. I am a "with" person.

4. Where did I say that I'm anti-abortion?

5. What Trump policies killed people? The governors are in charge of their states. They know (or should know) best what their states need. Do you want Trump to be a fascist or not?

I never posted a gif

You did ask for facts

I never said you were anti abortion but the subject was posted

Trump policies

Masks

Pro Fauci...then anti Fauci

Encouraging early opening then running to hide saying not my responsibility 

Must have a federal plan...then giving I to repub governors when pressured

Democratic states are problems but Texas and Florida are not...

We are providing vents when he wasn't

Etc etc

55 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

FAUCI LIED, AND PEOPLE DIED

33 minutes ago, Niagara said:

Huh? I am anti hypocrite as well, but are you talking about Cuomo or Pence? Cuomo  oked deaths of the disabled, not Pence. A political hypocrite is someone like Higgins who was antiabortion and became pro-abortion to conform with the party. Pence was never anti and then became pro-abortion, so he is not a hypocrite.

Cuomo is not anti aborionist as is Pence. He is a hypocrite for not acceoting lives of citizens are equal to the lives of the unborn. 

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

FAUCI LIED, AND PEOPLE DIED

What did Fauci lie about?  Is he the one who said the virus would magically disappear?  Or that there were 15 cases, soon to be zero?  Or that it was under control?  Or that direct-to-lung Lysol treatments should be explored?  Or was that the Bunker Boy?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

AP FACT CHECK: Michelle Obama and the kids in ‘cages

</snip>

At the height of the controversy over Trump’s zero-tolerance policy at the border, photos that circulated online of children in the enclosures generated great anger. But those photos — by The Associated Press — were taken in 2014 and depicted some of the thousands of unaccompanied children held by President Barack Obama.

When that fact came to light, some Democrats and activists who had tweeted the photos deleted their tweets. But prominent Democrats have continued to cite cages for children as a distinctive cruelty of Trump.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

What did Fauci lie about?  Is he the one who said the virus would magically disappear?  Or that there were 15 cases, soon to be zero?  Or that it was under control?  Or that direct-to-lung Lysol treatments should be explored?  Or was that the Bunker Boy?

He lied repeatedly and still continues to do so about the effectiveness of HCQ, as well as he overhypes the effectiveness (or lack of effectiveness) of Remdesivir 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

AP FACT CHECK: Michelle Obama and the kids in ‘cages

</snip>

At the height of the controversy over Trump’s zero-tolerance policy at the border, photos that circulated online of children in the enclosures generated great anger. But those photos — by The Associated Press — were taken in 2014 and depicted some of the thousands of unaccompanied children held by President Barack Obama.

When that fact came to light, some Democrats and activists who had tweeted the photos deleted their tweets. But prominent Democrats have continued to cite cages for children as a distinctive cruelty of Trump.

</snip>

Some of the lesser posters here STILL use the "trump caged children" drivel .

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Cinga said:

He lied repeatedly and still continues to do so about the effectiveness of HCQ, as well as he overhypes the effectiveness (or lack of effectiveness) of Remdesivir 

I see.  So HCQ is an unfired silver bullet?  

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Some of the lesser posters here STILL use the "trump caged children" drivel .

Drivel.  Saw early this morning.  Copied it mid morning.  Nothing says owning the libs like using the same fancy words as them!

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

To be fair, it doesn’t take much to exhaust Chris Christie.  After the sugar buzz from the first dozen donuts he whacks down each morning wears off he’s probably pretty useless. 

Here’s why Michelle Obama appeared to snub Kamala Harris in DNC speech

by Steven Nelson

Original Article

There was one glaring omission from Michelle Obama’s 20-minute Democratic National Convention speech Monday night — Kamala Harris.

That’s because the former first lady recorded her rousing speech before Joe Biden selected Sen. Harris of California as his running mate.The speech was delivered remotely like all others at the DNC because of the coronavirus pandemic, and The Associated Press reports it was filmed before Harris was named last week as Biden’s VP candidate, indicating the choice was so close to the vest and down to the wire that even the Obamas were not in the loop.

• Like (+1) 1

KRUISER’S MORNING BRIEF: DNC Night One — I Think the Democrats Want Trump to Win. 

“A series of individually recorded remote speeches gave it a ‘Gee we’re sorry we can’t be there for your 90th birthday, Uncle Joe,’ vibe. That’s perfectly fine when it’s Uncle Joe’s 90th birthday but it’s not as fun if it’s Uncle Joe’s 90th attempt at becoming President of the United States. And Uncle Joe isn’t even at his own party to watch because he’s in the basement.”

It was actually worse than all that.

3 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Weird that the right wingers care way more about the convention than everyone on the left

Simple.

The people on the Left are embarrassed by what they saw.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I'm told she brought up the Ebola comparison to Covid, like Harris did last week.

It's amazing how stupid the DNC believes its base to be, and its base never lets them down. They're in lockstep with one blatant lie after another.

• Like (+1) 1