Joey Bosa contract

Bosa is probably going to see most of this contract because the Chargers will have Herbert on his rookie contract for most of that time and the dead cap penalty will be a barrier to being cut.  Bosa has produced and deserved a good contract.  Maybe the Chargers are trying to change their reputation for not being fair with salaries.  I think it probably was more about giving fans a reason to buy game tickets (whenever fans are allowed back at games).  For now, Bosa will be treated as the face of their franchise.

14 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

Makes sense, he is going to be a disruptive force for the foreseeable future. Nick Bosa now knows what he's aiming to beat. Love a good brother rivalry.

That's going to be one rich family when Nick gets his big contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Good for Bosa. He's one heck of a football player when healthy. Gets after the QB like a madman and plays the run well also. I'm sure this contract will trigger some tweets by Ngakoue in the very near future. 

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Good for Bosa. He's one heck of a football player when healthy. Gets after the QB like a madman and plays the run well also. I'm sure this contract will trigger some tweets by Ngakoue in the very near future. 

TJ watt is gonna get paid next year.  I say next year because he'd be stupid to wait.  Play out year 4 and negotiate, otherwise hold out year 5 and get your extension. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The money that Ryan Tannehill & Jimmy Garopolo are making is insulting.

Both of their teams went from terrible without them to championship contenders with them basically overnight.  What has Bosa done for the Chargers?

• Like (+1) 1

Bruce Smith has to be saying  - why couldn't I have been playing in these huge contract times. He was well paid, but not at these exorbitant rates. Further, he consistently played at a high(er) level.

• Like (+1) 1

If revenue continues to collapse, the league and union will be in turmoil like we haven't seen.  Some of these big contracts will cause the teams to have trouble fielding anything but minimum contract vets and rookies along w a couple of well paid guys.  Lets say revenue is down 1/4 for three years (not out of the question folks), management will have to cost reduce including the cap.  Somebody is gonna get left out the cold....the journeyman vet, is who.  I hope that doesn't play out, but its in the spectrum of possible outcomes of this pandemic era.  Pandemic is not gonna be over in 2021.......