Joey Bosa contract

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Both of their teams went from terrible without them to championship contenders with them basically overnight.  What has Bosa done for the Chargers?

Tannehill has had how many outstanding seasons? One?

Giving Garoppolo that kind of credit, is an insult to the 49'ers defense.

5 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

If revenue continues to collapse, the league and union will be in turmoil like we haven't seen.  Some of these big contracts will cause the teams to have trouble fielding anything but minimum contract vets and rookies along w a couple of well paid guys.  Lets say revenue is down 1/4 for three years (not out of the question folks), management will have to cost reduce including the cap.  Somebody is gonna get left out the cold....the journeyman vet, is who.  I hope that doesn't play out, but its in the spectrum of possible outcomes of this pandemic era.  Pandemic is not gonna be over in 2021.......

If that would happen, I expect the NFL to negotiate with the NFLPA a % reduction on all salaries instead of just lowering the salary cap, or at least a mix of both.

Unless they go full woke and scare fans away, sure their gate revenue will be down this year, but they make most of their money from TV deals, merch, etc.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, dneveu said:

TJ watt is gonna get paid next year.  I say next year because he'd be stupid to wait.  Play out year 4 and negotiate, otherwise hold out year 5 and get your extension. 

Or request a trade to us like Bosa should have done, hopefully Nick has more sense, my feelings are fully hurt Joey...:unsure:

What's next today? McCaffrey and Kupp in ICU from 'rona???????????:cry:

Backin up the truck for the anchor of that break, don't bend D.

LOL. Oh Chargers....

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Isn't that what Tenn paid him that much for?  He delivered.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Backin up the truck for the anchor of that break, don't bend D.

LOL. Oh Chargers....

Isn't that what Tenn paid him that much for?  He delivered.  

Fair enough, I can give Tannehill some room for that.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

The 49ers offense scored more than the Chiefs on the season.

Their defense allowed more points than the Chiefs on the season.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Billl said:

The 49ers offense scored more than the Chiefs on the season.

Their defense allowed more points than the Chiefs on the season.

That's not all because of Garoppolo. Their running game played a big part in that as well. See the playoff game against the Packers.

Garoppolo is a game manager.

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

That's not all because of Garoppolo. Their running game played a big part in that as well. See the playoff game against the Packers.

Garoppolo is a game manager.

He's a pretty good game manager then because Shanahan's 23-6 with Garoppolo starting and 2-23 without him starting.  To be fair Beathard, Hoyer, and Mullens are backups at best but that's still a pretty jarring statistic.  If Belichick had his way we'd be forced to deal with him for the next decade.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bosa is an amazing talent.  To the TJ Watt thing, if I’m the player, I would accept the 5th year option in 2021, because the cap will be in much better shape in 2022 so you can negotiate for a much better contract when the cap comes back.  The risk is a significant injury, but some players gamble with it for the larger and longer contract.

I feel for guys like Milano and Dawson as they are not 1st round picks so either they are tagged, or their agents have to negotiate under a $175 mil. Cap, vs. $210 mil.  We’ll see what happens.

Bosa is an amazing talent.  To the TJ Watt thing, if I’m the player, I would accept the 5th year option in 2021, because the cap will be in much better shape in 2022 so you can negotiate for a much better contract when the cap comes back.  The risk is a significant injury, but some players gamble with it for the larger and longer contract.

I feel for guys like Milano and Dawson as they are not 1st round picks so either they are tagged, or their agents have to negotiate under a $175 mil. Cap, vs. $210 mil.  We’ll see what happens.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Possibly?  I dunno - Mahomes just got a brinks truck of money.  I feel like top-end contributors are going to get paid regardless.  

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He's a pretty good game manager then because Shanahan's 23-6 with Garoppolo starting and 2-23 without him starting.  To be fair Beathard, Hoyer, and Mullens are backups at best but that's still a pretty jarring statistic.  If Belichick had his way we'd be forced to deal with him for the next decade.  

I would gladly take my chances against Garoppolo for a decade.

On 7/29/2020 at 9:40 AM, Billl said:

Both of their teams went from terrible without them to championship contenders with them basically overnight.  What has Bosa done for the Chargers?

The Titans and 49ers made deep playoff runs with multiple games where they barely threw the ball. Although I like Jimmy G better than Tanny I think neither were strong reasons why their teams turned the corner. Bosa has registered 40 sacks in 4 seasons but factoring that he missed over half a season with an injury it is more like 40 sacks in 3.5 seasons. Granted the team has only had one winning season in the 3 full years he played (2017 the Chargers were 9-7) but it isn't like Bosa is the reason they are losing.