I'll have a beer and one potato chip

Steve O

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope you are not intending to imply that people over age 65, or people over age 85 for that matter, are "going to die anyway in a matter of months" or  if they die something something "culling the herd"

You weren't intending to imply that, were you?

I am very VERY skeptical  of his crowd. 

We need an answer @LeviF91 Stat!

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope you are not intending to imply that people over age 65, or people over age 85 for that matter, are "going to die anyway in a matter of months" or  if they die something something "culling the herd"

You weren't intending to imply that, were you?

Did I ***** say it to begin with? FOH

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 9:04 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

People don’t linger for hours drinking and chatting shoulder to shoulder at smoothie bars.  They order their organic green tea kombucha smoothie and GTFO down the road to the Bikram Yoga class

I would like to welcome you to beautiful Missouri where the bars are open, no requirement to buy chips.  Of course, officially the Covid-19 + rate just climbed to 8% locally here.

Unofficially, DHSS is backlogged in documenting about 10,000 cases and test results are taking 7-10 days unless you’re a Priority 1 patient, and an amateur who collates cases from individual counties and laboratories indicated we topped 1,000 cases per day on Weds - RECORD!  For a state with 6M population.

This ain’t no *****in’ fake news on the tests, I was busting my hump yesterday and this am trying to find an open testing spot for friend in late 50s with preexisting conditions.  Been running 103 fever, extreme fatigue, body aches, chills since Weds.  Best I could do was tomorrow am, expect results in 6-10 days.  Let’s get this straight: in a city with 2 major medical schools 4.5 months into an epidemic, 9-13 days to get a test and results.   Contact tracing and “box in” strategies are impossible with that turn around.  Meanwhile our governor says masks are a “personal choice” and no one should be ordered to wear a “dang mask”.

Welcome to Missouri, Have Fun, Don’t Get Hurt.  So maybe, just maybe, you should Check your Snark about Cuomo a bit.  You got it damn good in NYS Covid-19 wise.

Personally I think Cuomo should close the bars and open the primary schools, but that’s just me.

Do you think that riots contribute to covid19 or just bars?

In NYC there are no protest restrictions, just restrictions on businesses and people not rioting.  As for Cuomo, ask the 5,000 nursing home patients how they feel about him. Wait, never mind.....they are dead because Cuomo ordered nursing homes to admit covid19 patients, even though the Javits Center was empty and he was given a HUGE medical ship by the federal govt.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

I went to 2 breweries, 1 Wegmans and 1 bar this weekend.  All were adhering to the guidelines set forth by our trusted leaders.  I wore my 'mask' wherever and whenever was required of me

i'm good with going out as long as the establishment and customers play by the rules.  i went to an indoor dinner for the first time this thurday, and they did a great job.  everyone wore masks to the table.  tables separated, (which i feel bad for the owner, but has to be done for now), masks when going to the bathroom, etc.  i'd go back they did such a good job.  my brother in law accidentally forgot his mask at the table when leaving, and wow were people pissed.  it's just treated differently around here which i appreciate.  people are going out, but are being careful.  to me that's the best mix.  

• Like (+1) 3

There's a certain bar in Buffalo that is cash only that only serves booze (no food) that was allowed to remain open.

How did they do it? They reached out to the County Exec, who reached out to the governor on their behalf, and was granted a waiver.

It seems like that might be a better strategy for these businesses than posting their complaints on Facebook.

I think this post alone shows how ridiculous these rules/laws are.  Just because a bar has connections they are exempt from following the guidelines???

13 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

There's a certain bar in Buffalo that is cash only that only serves booze (no food) that was allowed to remain open.

How did they do it? They reached out to the County Exec, who reached out to the governor on their behalf, and was granted a waiver.

It seems like that might be a better strategy for these businesses than posting their complaints on Facebook.

still, the guidelines should apply to all or none.  this disease allegedly doesn't discriminate against age, sex, food service or non food service.

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Every business owner has the contact information for the county exec. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

still, the guidelines should apply to all or none.  this disease allegedly doesn't discriminate against age, sex, food service or non food service.

It might by blood type!  Imagine  that.  O blood type  people  have a 38% chance of beating it.  B type  worse.  Almost 40% worse.

Not saying  it is true.  But if it was, could  people  handle the truth?  O Blood type  privilege?  B Types Matter?

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/coronavirus-blood-types-disease-severe/#app

People are already struggling  how they were born!

Victimhood is a badge of honor now!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

What establishment is this?  I highly doubt this happened.  If word got out, you’d have hundreds of local bars making the same request...and then you’d have a free for all. 

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I think there isn't much evidence that outdoor demonstrations (of the peaceful sort) contribute at all.  There did not seem to be a surge in cases associated with the "reopening" protests in Michigan and Texas (which featured very little mask use), nor in most cities where major BLM protests occurred (which featured considerable mask use from what I saw).  If you have sources to the contrary, please present.

Outdoors seems to be much less risk of transmission than indoors.  If bars served outdoors over a large area, they'd probably be fine too.  But that's not what I see in bars.

I think riots likely contributed to covid-19, though a link has not been proven.   Please don't take this as a slam at the police - they didn't call themselves out to shut things down - but the techniques used to quell riots are "lick your chops" feast for covid-19.

In NYC there are no protest restrictions, just restrictions on businesses and people not rioting.  As for Cuomo, ask the 5,000 nursing home patients how they feel about him. Wait, never mind.....they are dead because Cuomo ordered nursing homes to admit covid19 patients, even though the Javits Center was empty and he was given a HUGE medical ship by the federal govt.

There's a lot of timeline to sort there.  For example, if I recall correctly it was relatively late in the pandemic when Javits Center converted from being a "no covid 19 patients" site to accepting covid patients.  Do you know the date that changed?   Likewise, Mercy was originally set up to be "no covid-19 patients".  Do you know when that changed?

Javitts Center should have been used far more effectively.  I don't know its capabilities, thus whether or not it was equipped to receive the nursing home patients (or whether the Federal Government running it had agreed it would accept covid positive patients at the point where returning patients were arguably introducing covid-19 into their facilities.  But clearly, seriously ill people were sent home, untested, to isolate with their families.  Some of those family members then contracted covid-19 and required hospitalization.  Some died.  Some of those seriously ill people sent home died suddenly, of what we now believe to be covid-19 complications.  On the other hand, we have people here who say they would vehemently oppose a public health policy to isolate covid-19 patients in hospitals, as has been done in Singapore, S. Korea, etc.

Here's the thing, Bill: in states which did NOT follow, what was, at the time, CDC advice - covid-19 still got into the nursing homes and killed a lot of people.  In Missouri, there have been two routes: 1) early in the epidemic, a patient hospitalized for other reasons contracted covid-19 and was sent back to the facility where they infected staff who infected others 2) a staff member was infected, sometimes unknowingly sometimes with known symptoms, and spread covid-19 to the residents they cared for.

I think by the time Javitts changed to accepting covid-19 patients, covid-19 was already in the nursing homes.  I want to see an independent audit, not the State DOH report, on how covid-19 got into the NYS nursing homes.  But I think it's probably true that covid-19 likely got into most nursing homes through staff (and early on, through visitors and through not-known-to-be-infected patients who returned) because that's what happened elsewhere.  So attributing all those deaths to the "must accept patients policy" is probably not reasonable.

Multiple things can be true at once.  Cuomo and DeBlasio made mistakes and delayed in a way that cost lives early in the pandemic - more than one.  But once they got to grips with their problem, most of the decisions they made were guided by public health.

And that's not true in a lot of states, and it's a problem.  I notice you didn't comment upon the rest of my post.  Now that I've given you a thoughtful response, would you care to weigh in?  For your convenience, here it is:

"I would like to welcome you to beautiful Missouri where the bars are open, no requirement to buy chips.  Of course, officially the Covid-19 + rate just climbed to 8% locally here.

Unofficially, DHSS is backlogged in documenting about 10,000 cases and test results are taking 7-10 days unless you’re a Priority 1 patient.  An amateur who collates cases from individual counties and laboratories indicated we topped 1,000 cases per day on Weds - RECORD!  For a state with 6M population.

This ain’t no *****in’ fake news on the tests, I was busting my hump yesterday and this am trying to find an open testing spot for friend in late 50s with preexisting conditions.  Been running 103 fever, extreme fatigue, body aches, chills since Weds.  Best I could do was tomorrow am, expect results in 6-10 days.  Let’s get this straight: in a city with 2 major medical schools 4.5 months into an epidemic, 9-13 days to get a test and results.   Contact tracing and “box in” strategies are impossible with that turn around.  Meanwhile our governor says masks are a “personal choice” and no one should be ordered to wear a “dang mask”.

Welcome to Missouri, Have Fun, Don’t Get Hurt.  So maybe, just maybe, you should Check your Snark about Cuomo a bit.  You got it damn good in NYS Covid-19 wise."

Do you think the situation in Missouri, and in other states such as Florida and Texas and Arizona and California who have not been driven by public health guidelines in reopening, is desireable?  Do you believe it will not cost lives?

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think there isn't much evidence that outdoor demonstrations (of the peaceful sort) contribute at all.  There did not seem to be a surge in cases associated with the "reopening" protests in Michigan and Texas (which featured very little mask use), nor in most cities where major BLM protests occurred (which featured considerable mask use from what I saw).  If you have sources to the contrary, please present.

Outdoors seems to be much less risk of transmission than indoors.  If bars served outdoors over a large area, they'd probably be fine too.  But that's not what I see in bars.

I think riots likely contributed to covid-19, though a link has not been proven.   Please don't take this as a slam at the police - they didn't call themselves out to shut things down - but the techniques used to quell riots are "lick your chops" feast for covid-19.

There's a lot of timeline to sort there.  For example, if I recall correctly it was relatively late in the pandemic when Javits Center converted from being a "no covid 19 patients" site to accepting covid patients.  Do you know the date that changed?   Likewise, Mercy was originally set up to be "no covid-19 patients".  Do you know when that changed?

Javitts Center should have been used far more effectively.  I don't know its capabilities, thus whether or not it was equipped to receive the nursing home patients (or whether the Federal Government running it had agreed it would accept covid positive patients at the point where returning patients were arguably introducing covid-19 into their facilities.  But clearly, seriously ill people were sent home, untested, to isolate with their families.  Some of those family members then contracted covid-19 and required hospitalization.  Some died.  Some of those seriously ill people sent home died suddenly, of what we now believe to be covid-19 complications.  On the other hand, we have people here who say they would vehemently oppose a public health policy to isolate covid-19 patients in hospitals, as has been done in Singapore, S. Korea, etc.

Here's the thing, Bill: in states which did NOT follow, what was, at the time, CDC advice - covid-19 still got into the nursing homes and killed a lot of people.  In Missouri, there have been two routes: 1) early in the epidemic, a patient hospitalized for other reasons contracted covid-19 and was sent back to the facility where they infected staff who infected others 2) a staff member was infected, sometimes unknowingly sometimes with known symptoms, and spread covid-19 to the residents they cared for.

I think by the time Javitts changed to accepting covid-19 patients, covid-19 was already in the nursing homes.  I want to see an independent audit, not the State DOH report, on how covid-19 got into the NYS nursing homes.  But I think it's probably true that covid-19 likely got into most nursing homes through staff (and early on, through visitors and through not-known-to-be-infected patients who returned) because that's what happened elsewhere.  So attributing all those deaths to the "must accept patients policy" is probably not reasonable.

Multiple things can be true at once.  Cuomo and DeBlasio made mistakes and delayed in a way that cost lives early in the pandemic - more than one.  But once they got to grips with their problem, most of the decisions they made were guided by public health.

And that's not true in a lot of states, and it's a problem.  I notice you didn't comment upon the rest of my post.  Now that I've given you a thoughtful response, would you care to weigh in?  For your convenience, here it is:

"I would like to welcome you to beautiful Missouri where the bars are open, no requirement to buy chips.  Of course, officially the Covid-19 + rate just climbed to 8% locally here.

Unofficially, DHSS is backlogged in documenting about 10,000 cases and test results are taking 7-10 days unless you’re a Priority 1 patient.  An amateur who collates cases from individual counties and laboratories indicated we topped 1,000 cases per day on Weds - RECORD!  For a state with 6M population.

Welcome to Missouri, Have Fun, Don’t Get Hurt.  So maybe, just maybe, you should Check your Snark about Cuomo a bit.  You got it damn good in NYS Covid-19 wise."

Do you think the situation in Missouri, and in other states such as Florida and Texas and Arizona and California who have not been driven by public health guidelines in reopening, is desireable?  Do you believe it will not cost lives?

I hate to jump in here with your dialogue with Bill.  I know how you feel about Covid, a little bit about your background from what you have shared, and how passionate you are about this. 

I'm not a scientist, a doctor or anyone remotely qualified to debate the merits of testing, treatments or the future of the virus. 

I am, however old enough to have seen a crisis or two, political manipulations by political leaders, and been through enough post-crisis debriefings to have some opinions on the world at large. 

For what it's worth,  I wear a mask, I respect social distancing, I try not to put others in harm's way. I believe the virus is dangerous to some, not so much to others, and that there is an awful lot of political skulduggery afoot.  

This positioning on protests makes zero sense. 20,000...30,000 hell 500 people  gathering together in outside venues do not spontaneously appear at a protest. They arrive by public transport, private transport, by foot. They travel in groups, alone and create the normal human trail along the way. They eat at McDonalds and interact with humans there.  They use public restrooms, they eat, sneeze, burp, and vomit along the way.  They interact with other similarly minded individuals, they share emotions, tears, rage, victory and defeat.  They twist their ankles, get into shoving matches, fall off a curb and break their arms. They share drinks, split an order of french fries, and of course, engage with police or other responders. They have heart attacks, appendicitis and car accidents. Some will get heat stroke. Many will need to visit an ER, an urgent care facility, whatever.  I'll bet you, people being people, there will be some bodily fluids exchanged and some babies born 9 months out. 

Once at the protest site, they march arm in arm at times, in extremely close proximity, often engaged in shouting and screa.ing to be heard. I think we would all agree that mask discipline is suspect at best, meaning the potential for transmission is quite high. 

When I consider the backdrop and what he himself has said about the virus, the political branding of the virus and protestors is absurd. 

Yet...Cuomo limits just about everything else.  

It's no secret there is money and power in COVID, and it doesn't matter which side of the argument you are on.   

In my opinion, Cuomo badly mishandled NYC in general, and the nursing home situation.  It was a tall order, being Gov during this crisis. I detest the guy, but he deserved a pass early on and I gave it to him.   

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Your lack of facts is appalling. The protesters were outside, not in buildings with poor ventilation, thus the reason outdoor dining was allowed first. And there is no evidence they contributed to virus increases, otherwise there’d be a spike in NYS. Cuomo followed federal anti-discrimination laws and Trump’s CDC guidelines regarding nursing homes. If you didn’t like them then take it up with Trump. Javits and Comfort weren’t available at the start, and weren’t initially allowed by feds to take Covid patients. This revisionist history to attack Cuomo because Trump looks so bad by comparison is laughable, and the majority of Americans agree. NYS is now in a position to help others in crisis, as Cuomo did. today for Savannah, Ga.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/coronavirus-cases-protests-black-lives-matter-trnd/index.html#click=https://t.co/TH3vJK7C1p

https://www.newsweek.com/andrew-cuomo-donald-trump-approval-ratings-1516860

6 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Your lack of facts is appalling. The protesters were outside, not in buildings with poor ventilation, thus the reason outdoor dining was allowed first. And there is no evidence they contributed to virus increases, otherwise there’d be a spike in NYS. Cuomo followed federal anti-discrimination laws and Trump’s CDC guidelines regarding nursing homes. If you didn’t like them then take it up with Trump. Javits and Comfort weren’t available at the start, and weren’t initially allowed by feds to take Covid patients. This revisionist history to attack Cuomo because Trump looks so bad by comparison is laughable, and the majority of Americans agree. NYS is now in a position to help others in crisis, as Cuomo did. today for Savannah, Ga.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/coronavirus-cases-protests-black-lives-matter-trnd/index.html#click=https://t.co/TH3vJK7C1p

https://www.newsweek.com/andrew-cuomo-donald-trump-approval-ratings-1516860

Your polls mean nothing and your support for Cuomo is no surprise.

Rioting is not a danger to one's health in a pandemic, right? Next you will be telling us it is good for you!

And btw, Cuomo, when asked about the nursing home butchery was quoted as saying," old people die." It took him weeks and 5,000 or more deaths to admit to a mistake. Oh, and as far as the president is concerned, I'm certain that you called him a racist and a xenophobe when he closed the borders to China and then Europe. 

C'mon Bro, tell the truth.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/20/cuomo-in-georgia-says-ny-faltered-its-coronavirus-response/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=facebook_app&fbclid=IwAR3uEpGoA7JDr86sh33oXVZODqVViMai2grIh1izTavaiZSC0hhgEotX-Lg

He and Mayor Wilhelm are not doing so well with crime either. Shootings for the month of June were up 130% against June/2019. 

Weather?

Edited by Bill from NYC

8 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/20/cuomo-in-georgia-says-ny-faltered-its-coronavirus-response/?utm_campaign=iphone_nyp&utm_source=facebook_app&fbclid=IwAR3uEpGoA7JDr86sh33oXVZODqVViMai2grIh1izTavaiZSC0hhgEotX-Lg

He and Mayor Wilhelm are not doing so well with crime either. Shootings for the month of June were up 130% against June/2019. 

Weather?

I’d be surprised if shooting stats were not elevated in most major cities.  People are on the edge of the edge, man ??‍♂️

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’d be surprised if shooting stats were not elevated in most major cities.  People are on the edge of the edge, man ??‍♂️

We were on pace for a record year before COVID in my city. Now we’re fixing to lap the next highest year. 

10 hours ago, teef said:

i'm good with going out as long as the establishment and customers play by the rules.  i went to an indoor dinner for the first time this thurday, and they did a great job.  everyone wore masks to the table.  tables separated, (which i feel bad for the owner, but has to be done for now), masks when going to the bathroom, etc.  i'd go back they did such a good job.  my brother in law accidentally forgot his mask at the table when leaving, and wow were people pissed.  it's just treated differently around here which i appreciate.  people are going out, but are being careful.  to me that's the best mix.  

I still go out to lunch almost every day. I pay very close attention to who is smart and plays by the rules, and who’s a little loose. It’s outdoors almost every day, so it’s friggin’ hot, but that's worth it for a little peace of mind. There is one place I go inside every week where it’s large and “well distanced” at the bar (that’s me for my Arnold Palmer only!) and elsewhere. 

I think at this point in time, it’s actually BETTER for business to play it smart, by the rules and cut down on volume. One place with two outside patio areas I like had a sign on the door early last week - two of the staff had tested positive. They closed until everyone else was tested. I thought they did a good job, but people are going about their lives. No place is 100% safe, so I’ll try to be smart about where I take my chances.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

The numbers are primarily due to the riots, not covid.

Probably the case in NYC, less so here.  Retaliatory shootings dating back to February along with the normal dumb *****.  Riots really only happened on 2 or 3 nights and was limited to small portions of the city.  Believe it or not there wasn't much in the way of shooting injuries the one weekend of riots.

14 hours ago, Augie said:

I still go out to lunch almost every day. I pay very close attention to who is smart and plays by the rules, and who’s a little loose. It’s outdoors almost every day, so it’s friggin’ hot, but that's worth it for a little peace of mind. There is one place I go inside every week where it’s large and “well distanced” at the bar (that’s me for my Arnold Palmer only!) and elsewhere. 

I think at this point in time, it’s actually BETTER for business to play it smart, by the rules and cut down on volume. One place with two outside patio areas I like had a sign on the door early last week - two of the staff had tested positive. They closed until everyone else was tested. I thought they did a good job, but people are going about their lives. No place is 100% safe, so I’ll try to be smart about where I take my chances.

I thought it was funny seeing some of the news stories about restaurants and bars being able to create or extend patios during this and they show them taking up sidewalks or parking spaces in the streets in Toronto. You would see a table of four on the street next to a curb with a couple of cones with caution tape across them being the only barrier between you eating your lunch and the city bus passing by on the road.i don't know how I would enjoy my food with the exhaust of a car right next to me while it's stuck in heavy traffic.

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Probably the case in NYC, less so here.  Retaliatory shootings dating back to February along with the normal dumb *****.  Riots really only happened on 2 or 3 nights and was limited to small portions of the city.  Believe it or not there wasn't much in the way of shooting injuries the one weekend of riots.

I believe you but riots bring about an overall sense of lawlessness, until of course they are stopped by force. It also makes police officers question how much they want to get involved unless they are forced to. In some jurisdictions and circumstances it would be more advisable to just let someone go rather than risk using force on another person. The paycheck is the same and the headaches are fewer. Much fewer.

In California very recently, police officers had a car pulled over. A very prominent politician was driving by. She pulled over to the curb, exited her vehicle, and wanted to know why they had "brothers" pulled over. If you think I'm making this up, it's on you tube. If I was an official in their police union, I would happen to let the word slip out in informal conversation that car stops are a bad idea.

What you are seeing now is the tip of the iceberg, unless these (mostly white) Antifa rioters are stopped by the use of necessary force.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

I believe you but riots bring about an overall sense of lawlessness, until of course they are stopped by force. It also makes police officers question how much they want to get involved unless they are forced to. In some jurisdictions and circumstances it would be more advisable to just let someone go rather than risk using force on another person. The paycheck is the same and the headaches are fewer. Much fewer.

In California very recently, police officers had a car pulled over. A very prominent politician was driving by. She pulled over to the curb, exited her vehicle, and wanted to know why they had "brothers" pulled over. If you think I'm making this up, it's on you tube. If I was an official in their police union, I would happen to let the word slip out in informal conversation that car stops are a bad idea.

What you are seeing now is the tip of the iceberg, unless these (mostly white) Antifa rioters are stopped by the use of necessary force.

Dropped off some paperwork at the DMV for our fleet guy last week.  Pulled in right behind a brand new Dodge Journey that had an expired temp tag registered to a 1998 Honda.  Black guy on the phone sitting in the driver's seat.  Might as well have not seen it at all.  I'm a half year from getting vested.  ***** that.

Sure hope that car didn't get into any accidents later on because it definitely wasn't inspected or insured.

*Posted from a church parking lot with lots of shade

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Dropped off some paperwork at the DMV for our fleet guy last week.  Pulled in right behind a brand new Dodge Journey that had an expired temp tag registered to a 1998 Honda.  Black guy on the phone sitting in the driver's seat.  Might as well have not seen it at all.  I'm a half year from getting vested.  ***** that.

Sure hope that car didn't get into any accidents later on because it definitely wasn't inspected or insured.

I think it's ridiculous that they make you wait a certain period of time before allowing you to wear a vest.

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Didn't realize who I was talking to Bro!

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Your polls mean nothing and your support for Cuomo is no surprise.

Rioting is not a danger to one's health in a pandemic, right? Next you will be telling us it is good for you!

And btw, Cuomo, when asked about the nursing home butchery was quoted as saying," old people die." It took him weeks and 5,000 or more deaths to admit to a mistake. Oh, and as far as the president is concerned, I'm certain that you called him a racist and a xenophobe when he closed the borders to China and then Europe. 

C'mon Bro, tell the truth.

So much heat but not much light. You seem to equate the vast majority of peaceful protests as riots. If they contributed to an increase in positive cases, then why did NYC’s cases continue to decrease afterward, where the largest protests occurred? ?

Cuomo never said it was a mistake to follow the law and Trump’s CDC guidelines for nursing homes.  Just last week Trump responded to 140,000 dead by saying, “it is what it is”.

When Trump followed the airlines lead and stopped flights from China, he still allowed 40,000 people in. He was called racist for targeting Asians with his rhetoric and giving his sycophants license to attack Asian Americans. His slow action to stop flights from Europe was too little too late, which allowed the virus to come to NYC.  I don’t know if Trump’s racist or just uses it as a dog whistle, but racists sure do like him.

The bottom line is NYS is recovering thanks to Cuomo putting science over politics, while the southern resisters to science are continuing to get worse, in large part because they listened to Trump.

Edited by PastaJoe
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Augie said:

So you sit on those pebbled-concrete tables?

McDonald's marketing bible reveals strict and bizarre rules - Business  Insider

...by Big Fredo's own admission, the major offenses are in NYC/Manhattan.......of course there are infractions elsewhere......but shut down the whole damn state?.....

Jawohl herr commandant - Memes and Comics

With Legislature idle, Cuomo changed 262 laws in 55 days

Cuomo invokes executive powers during pandemic to changes to hundreds of laws and regulations

May 2, 2020Updated: May 2, 2020 6 p.m.

ALBANY — In the two months since Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo declared a state of emergency on March 7, he has invoked the powers of his office to issue more than 25 executive orders in response to the coronavirus pandemic.onths since Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo declared a state of emergency on March 7, he has invoked the powers of his office to issue more than 25 executive orders in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The expansive orders have made hundreds of temporary but sweeping changes to state laws, including shutting down schools and businesses, as well as altering state regulations that govern public health, hospitals, nursing homes, elections, open meetings, court proceedings, purchasing procedures and child care.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/With-Legislature-idle-Cuomo-changed-262-laws-in-15240581.php

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PastaJoe said:

So much heat but not much light. You seem to equate the vast majority of peaceful protests as riots. If they contributed to an increase in positive cases, then why did NYC’s cases continue to decrease afterward, where the largest protests occurred? ?

Cuomo never said it was a mistake to follow the law and Trump’s CDC guidelines for nursing homes.  Just last week Trump responded to 140,000 dead by saying, “it is what it is”.

When Trump followed the airlines lead and stopped flights from China, he still allowed 40,000 people in. He was called racist for targeting Asians with his rhetoric and giving his sycophants license to attack Asian Americans. His slow action to stop flights from Europe was too little too late, which allowed the virus to come to NYC.  I don’t know if Trump’s racist or just uses it as a dog whistle, but racists sure do like him.

The bottom line is NYS is recovering thanks to Cuomo putting science over politics, while the southern resisters to science are continuing to get worse, in large part because they listened to Trump.

The dead men and women in nursing homes are not recovering because nursing homes were forced by Cuomo to accept them.

The 130% increase in NYC shootings in the month of June is primarily due to Cuomo emptying out the jails and prisons, some due to the riots. Some of the victims are recovering, some not.

Is there anything about Cuomo that you don't approve of, or do you worship him?

Edited by Bill from NYC

there was no gaming the system in PA.  Up until today, the state health department said a bag of chips or similar counted as a meal.  There were no guidelines until today, a full week after the new guidelines were put in place

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

California  is now worse than  New York.  New York did it the right way.

And for  the Children  who think it's  cute to game  the system over other people's  health:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8550183/amp/California-lists-foods-arent-meals-COVID-dining-guidelines.html

1 hour ago, The Poojer said:

there was no gaming the system in PA.  Up until today, the state health department said a bag of chips or similar counted as a meal.  There were no guidelines until today, a full week after the new guidelines were put in place

Then basically, it's the State  creating  the loophole.