Who will be the next Republican Standard Bearer for 2024?

Who is the next Republican Standard Bearer?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Republican nominee for 2024?

• Tim Scott
    • Dan Crenshaw
    • Tom Cotton
    • Ron DeSantis
    • Nikki Haley
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Ted Cruz
    • Someone not named

5 minutes ago, Cinga said:

with Laura Ingraham as VP? 

Kidding aside, I don't think there is anyone who is more in tune with the anger and dissatisfaction with what we are seeing today than Tucker Carlson.

He has been ???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Nikki Haley - she's popular in the party, has legislative and executive experience, and strong international affairs background. She has no major gaffes or scandals that I know of, has a good relationship with the press, and can be strong and direct without coming off like an unholy B word. If she wants it, I think the 2024 nomination is hers to lose.

If I had to pick a candidate based solely on my personal preferences, it would be Crenshaw.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TtownBillsFan said:

Are you kidding?  Have you heard Cruz speak/read his tweets?  He's an outspoken voice, and rails against the media.  I voted for him in the general, and as some others here have said, I abstained in the presidential election this last time.  Trump will get my vote this time, and I'm hoping to have the opportunity to vote for Cruz again.

His dad shooting JFK might be a liability.

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

I'll take some of these:

Nikki_Haley_official_photo.jpg

elise_web.jpg

Kristi-Noem-02.jpg-SD.gov_.jpg?w=1200&h=

5988e0fb76084a507a8b5b09-750-750.jpg

Stefanik is in my district.  When we first elected her she went by way of the establishment. Trump was the best thing to happen to her and helped her become her own voice. She has matured so much in the last year

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Kidding aside, I don't think there is anyone who is more in tune with the anger and dissatisfaction with what we are seeing today than Tucker Carlson.

He has been ???

Agreed, he does an amazing job getting even libs to come on his show, I guess they figure they can outsmart him, but he leads the questioning so well, it ultimately makes them look the fool they are.

Well deserving of that 8 o'clock slot.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

I'll take some of these:

Nikki_Haley_official_photo.jpg

elise_web.jpg

Kristi-Noem-02.jpg-SD.gov_.jpg?w=1200&h=

5988e0fb76084a507a8b5b09-750-750.jpg

My wife has disagreed with a woman ever being POTUS because of that whole PMS and menopause thing and living with her all these years, I might tend to agree. ?

However, this is a pretty amazing lineup that even the wife might be able to get behind.

• Haha (+1) 1

I would imagine that the outcome of the elections would greatly influence whoever the nominee will be in 2024.

Things are looking pretty bad for Trump at this stage, things can change of course but if Trump were to lose he would still cast a huge shadow over the field.

I could easily see all the establishment like and even non Trump conservatives dump him like a bad habit if he were to lose.  But even if that were the case, Trump probably would still have a significant influence over the primary process.  I think most of the field would kiss the ring and look for his endorsement.    

Trump loses, I could see that giving more of an edge to Nikki Haley, Scott or Rubio.   

If he wins, then whoever Trump endorses would win the nomination.  Pence, DeSantis, Cotton or Cruz?

I see that statement as alright.

Having Lawyers and bureaucrats making speech laws is ALWAYS a bad thing...........anti-over regulation is a good thing.

but she offers no alternative to allowing these social stages enforcing their own anti-conservative censorship, that is a mistake.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/24/2020 at 2:43 PM, Doc Brown said:

Nicky Haley.  I haven't seen the "it" factor with a politician since Obama came onto the scene in '04 until now.  She's one of the few who worked for Trump, stood up to him several times, and left on good graces. 

I like her as well.  Executive experience, foreign policy experience, and her nomination would also make it very difficult for the Democrats and the national media to scream "racism."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I see that statement as alright.

Having Lawyers and bureaucrats making speech laws is ALWAYS a bad thing...........anti-over regulation is a good thing.

but she offers no alternative to allowing these social stages enforcing their own anti-conservative censorship, that is a mistake.

I'm not sure that the middle ground needs to be left in the hands of lawyers and bureaucrats.

If a website wants to arbitrarily apply its rules to censor certain types of speech while ignoring rule violations they agree with, then they deserve to lose their legal protections for being a publisher.

If they apply their rules fairly and evenly, then they should be protected as providers.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I voted "someone else" because I'm pretty sure it'll be Kanye West

800.jpeg

Not sure we could take another 8 years of Dragon Energy after Trump is done.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

People seem to be placing a person's political philosophy as the most important aspect of a possible candidate's qualifications. We can't forget the importance of the candidate's competency and leadership though. 

Why would you think that competency and leadership would be necessary for a Republican candidate?   You're  still supporting Trump who has demonstrated rare competency and leadership during the covid-19 pandemic aren't you?

37 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Why would you think that competency and leadership would be necessary for a Republican candidate?   You're  still supporting Trump who has demonstrated rare competency and leadership during the covid-19 pandemic aren't you?

You're an idiot if you can't see that Trump oozes leadership and his CEO way of management is actually getting things done. This against the full court press the dems and MSM have put up against him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're an idiot if you can't see that Trump oozes leadership and his CEO way of management is actually getting things done. This against the full court press the dems and MSM have put up against him. 

Oh, yeah, Trump's "leadership and his CEO way of management is actually getting things done" all right, especially dealing with the covid-19 pandemic. 

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Oh, yeah, Trump's "leadership and his CEO way of management is actually getting things done" all right, especially dealing with the covid-19 pandemic. 

Have you ever heard of federalism?

25 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

They don't teach that in schools these days. ?‍♂️

Sometimes, I wonder what is currently being taught in schools. Certainly not reasoning, nor debate. History? Pffffft Civics? Nada. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sometimes, I wonder what is currently being taught in schools. Certainly not reasoning, nor debate. History? Pffffft Civics? Nada. 

Trump has actually been surprisingly good at adhering to the constitution. He understands that the federal government has limited powers and the states have what's left over. Liberals have no clue as to how the powers are separated. 

27 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Leaders lead by example..  Trump's "leadership" in the covid 19 pandemic is to deny its seriousness and blame it on "too much testing". 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump has actually been surprisingly good at adhering to the constitution. He understands that the federal government has limited powers and the states have what's left over. Liberals have no clue as to how the powers are separated. 

Absolutely.  Too bad he will never get any "credit" for it from the "msm" or the left who call him Hitler! Fascist! Dictator!  And then wonder why he does not use powers not bestowed upon him by the constitution to do X, Y or Z.. SMH

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What the hell does federalism have to do with the POTUS leading by example like "just wear a damn mask"? 

Just now, SoTier said:

What the hell does federalism have to do with the POTUS leading by example like "just wear a damn mask"? 

Why would he wear a mask? Masks are little more than placebos (N95 possibly excepted). 

37 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Leaders lead by example..  Trump's "leadership" in the covid 19 pandemic is to deny its seriousness and blame it on "too much testing". 

You twisted what he said. As usual you Lefties have to lie to make a point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Yeah, that's not what he said.

I still have to laugh at how you morons feel the need to continually lie about what he says.