CHAZ Seattle Observations

7 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Fox News runs digitally altered images in coverage of Seattle’s protests, Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

On Saturday, Fox apologized in an editor’s note posted to stories about CHAZ on its website, sayings its home-page photos “did not clearly delineate” the splicing together of multiple images from different locations. The editor’s note also acknowledged the erroneous use of the Minnesota rioting photo to illustrate Seattle news. “Fox News regrets these errors,” the note stated.

The network’s misleading and faked images were published as the Capitol Hill zone — quickly labeled CHAZ — became a political flashpoint for conservatives nationally and a target of tweets by President Donald Trump, who has branded the demonstrators “domestic terrorists” and threatened federal action unless local officials “take back” the area.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/fox-news-runs-digitally-altered-images-in-coverage-of-seattles-protests-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone/

Now your upset about that? Hell cnn and msdnc do that every single day!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

IMO the left suffers from 'group think'. Group think is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Cohesiveness, or the desire for cohesiveness, in a group may produce a tendency among its members to agree at all costs. This causes the group to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation. (think like I do, speak like I do)

Schools and colleges are filled 85-90% with lefties. Students are not even exposed to classical liberal thought or any system of ideas counter to the modern left post-modernism and statism they are drilled with.

Adam Smith - not taught

John Locke and the Tabula Rasa (originally Aristotle) - definitely not taught

Anything Classical Liberal and advocating the power and rights of the individual - not taught

The problem with group think is extremism. Group think is the practice of thinking or making decisions as a group in a way that discourages creativity or individual responsibility. Unchecked it leads to extremes in thought. When a group of people all think the same thing, a dynamic occurs that creates extremist thought. People in the group want to be most in line with the group dynamic, and edge toward the fringe of the original agreement. It is not enough to be 'x', they need to be the best 'x'.

This is happening in schools and colleges across the country. Many young adults are programmed to believe that going to college is the only way ahead. Once in college, no matter the degree, they are taught that they are elite, above reproach and filled with the post modernist and statist ideas espoused by their loser professors.

Once in the real world a person with 100k in debt, a worthless degree and a 4-8 yr indoctrination of elitism finds themself not worth so much in the job market.

'How can this be?' 'I am educated, I am elite.'

'If society doesn't need my 3.0 in a gender studies/ anthropology etc degree the system must be broken.'

• Thank you (+1) 2

Now they want waterproof name clothes donate with the logos removed.  Sounds like brownshirts. If the logos are removed , don't they lose their watertightness? Isn't Goodwill good enough?

35 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Now they want waterproof name clothes donate with the logos removed.  Sounds like brownshirts. If the logos are removed , don't they lose their watertightness? Isn't Goodwill good enough?

...Goodwill doesn't offer Gatorade, cigs, hand sanitizer or port-a-potties......now what?......does Uber Eats CHAZ deliver??.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

On 6/14/2020 at 12:21 AM, GregPersons said:

Prior to the 1960s, the Democrat Party were the party of conservatism, and right-wing thinking. "Dixiecrats" became the "Republicans" after the Civil Rights Act. This is why it's always hysterical when modern Republicans try to claim Lincoln as one of their own. It's not the same party at all, ideologically.

Learn your country's history before speaking on it.

Ah, the ole switcheroo.  Do the Rs get to claim FDR?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Ah, the ole switcheroo.  Do the Rs get to claim FDR?

Actually what he means is that old Dems like my grand parents would call new Dems psycho morons- Kennedy would be a republican certainly, and think about white privilege with Clinton claiming to be "the first black president".

I’m surprised and, quite frankly, a little disappointed that I haven’t seen any related internet memes yet that feature Will Ferrell’s character from Wedding Crashers. Ya know…the meatloaf guy!

These CHAZ dorks are super embarrassing. It’s time to stop playing make-believe and start acting like adults with basic problem-solving skills. How many of the wonderful denizens of CHAZ bothered themselves to vote in the Democratic primaries? Oh right, that would only legitimize “the man.” Or something.

• Thank you (+1) 2

One week in:

The area known as CHAZ has shrunk from six city blocks to three city blocks and a park, as the CHAZtonians ceeded the area to allow for emergency vehicles to enter.

They are actively negotiating to give back the remaining area with no resolution thus far.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

One week in:

The area known as CHAZ has shrunk from six city blocks to three city blocks and a park, as the CHAZtonians ceeded the area to allow for emergency vehicles to enter.

They are actively negotiating to give back the remaining area with no resolution thus far.

Are you sure about that?

https://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/article/Still-our-streets-Protesters-block-new-CHOP-15346260.php?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headlines&utm_campaign=spi_itsintheseattlepi

On 6/14/2020 at 8:19 AM, The Guy In Pants said:

Every ***** day. Their redactions go in the tiniest print. Read a story on their website; more often than not; there is a disclaimer ??

Those aren't sites I visit. Fox is gospel to some here and everything else is trashed. People post articles here from extremely biased sites all the time, as if that's some sort of positive contribution. I think it's funny when the agencies that claim to be unbiased get caught red-handed, on either side of the political spectrum. News should not be purposefully biased. People suck.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:45 AM, B-Man said:

Paging the Seattle Mayor: Watch Guns Being Handed Out from a Car Trunk in Your ‘Block Party’ Zone

Dana Loesch pointed it out wondering where the comments were from all the gun control folks.

Doesn’t look like much of a background check going on there.

The governor still isn't aware of chaz, he is looking into it. 

15 minutes ago, westside2 said:

It gets a ton of denial 

Where do you get your news from, bud?

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Literally a point of view no one has expressed down here once :lol: 

"Down here" is funny and appropriate.

There are far worse offenders than Fox News or CNN.