Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’m praying they have Bruce Boudreau (or some other experienced coach) secretly quarantining for 2 weeks in Buffalo...

I think that’s part of the issue - who replaces Krueger if he’s fired? Covid rules complicate things. Would any of Ralph’s assistants be any better? If Chris Taylor was still in Rochester I have little doubt he’d be coaching the Sabres right now. But their head coach in Rochester (Seth Appert) is a rookie. This is his first ever season coaching pro hockey.

Kevyn Adams also said at his most recent presser that the players enjoy playing for Ralph and still have belief in what he’s preaching (seems hard to believe by the way they play on the ice...). So he said he has to consider that when making a change.

Ive read Eichel especially likes Ralph. 

If they replace Ralph I hope like heck that it’s with an experienced veteran coach like Boudreau, Gallant or Julien. If Ralph is as beloved as reported, replacing him with a clear upgrade is a much easier sell than another inexperienced rookie head coach. 

My dream scenario is that Kevyn Adams goes after his buddy Rod Brind’amor in the offseason. He still hasn’t signed an extension with Carolina, though it’s tough to imagine he doesn’t (unless Tom Dundon just refused to pay him a competitive salary which is a possibility). But the issue with waiting until the offseason is that more teams will be looking for head coaches then and I can’t imagine Buffalo being high on anyone’s list. I’ve read Bruce Boudreau is dying to get back behind the bench, he was born right across the border in Toronto and still has family in the area (plus he lives in PA). If he’s willing to come here I’d hire him immediately. He’s improved every team he’s ever coach and almost never missed the playoffs in his entire NHL coaching career.

If any team was ever in need of an experienced, successful NHL coach it’s the Sabres! And there are multiple experienced, successful NHL coaches just sitting out there. It seems so obvious...

But, Being that it IS the Sabres we’re talking about, I expect them to do the opposite. Waiting to hear about some coach from the harborcenter being promoted, and we find out it’s not just on an interim basis (like Adams).

I would have mentioned Mike Peca but I just looked at his wikipedia page and appears he isn't part of the organization anymore, he's working for the Capitals as a player development coach. 

1 minute ago, ALF said:

The Sabres should spend the rest of the season setting up Skinner to score . The expansion draft for Seattle is July 21 and hope they take Skinner and his massive contract (won't happen )

This idiot organization gifted Skinner with a full No-Movement Clause, so unfortunately, that is not possible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Oh man, can you believe this Sabres “BS” hat was designed by Pegulas daughter?

😂 how perfect is that? 

https://shoponebuffalo.com/products/new-era-kelly-pegula-designed-sabres-bs-9twenty-adjustable-cap

E85B9588-9F13-4A4A-8053-AC010A0C19B2.jpeg

Obviously they never watched this scene from the Incredibles “Jack-Jack Attack” short.

14 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

😂 how perfect is that? 

https://shoponebuffalo.com/products/new-era-kelly-pegula-designed-sabres-bs-9twenty-adjustable-cap

Well the "BS" certainly describes how they run the team. I am waiting for the highly anticipated Buffalo Bills "BB" hat to come out.

15 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

😂 how perfect is that? 

Did Russ Brandon have a hand in designing that hat, in the 47 minutes he was allegedly on the New Era Cap payroll and phone directory?

Just heard Jack is being shelved with an injury suffered the other day against the Isles. He’s been nicked up all year so it’s for the better. Time to get a look at Cozens in the center position, anyway. I know he’s got the D game that the center position demands, so I hope RK trusts him enough to let him play. 

2 hours ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

So in a shootout, our first shooter is a defenseman.  I'm confused 

Ralph said he is the best breakaway guy on the team, at least in practice. 

And now the clock starts on the firing of Ralph Krueger. 

I say he will be here for the rest of the season and maybe into next as well!

The Sabres are a laughing stock.

7 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Ralph said he is the best breakaway guy on the team, at least in practice. 

And now the clock starts on the firing of Ralph Krueger. 

I say he will be here for the rest of the season and maybe into next as well!

The Sabres are a laughing stock.

No way he is the head coach next season...short of him being retained the rest of this season, and they somehow make the playoffs. The Pegulas may not be hockey smart, but they aren't clueless enough to think they could bring Kruger back.  With arenas (hopefully) opened to capacity again, they wouldnt draw more than 5000 a night. Kruger has proven, he cannot coach this team.  

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Reinhart continues to produce.  I think its time he and Jack split up.  

Squandering 2 goal leads is way more enjoyable than losing having never led....I think.  Can you believe they scored 4 goals in one game against the FLYERS?!?! 

I think Ullmark gets the job done.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.