2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

It's tax day and tax time is just another reminder of how terrible Donald Trump has been as a President.

The guy screwed over people who itemize at tax time by getting rid of things like the Personal Exemption--a boon to middle class tax filers--in favor of a tax plan where the wealthy reap the greatest rewards.

Tax benefits of home ownership have gone the way of the dodo.

I have NEVER owed taxes when claiming 0 until Donald Trump came along.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It's tax day and tax time is just another reminder of how terrible Donald Trump has been as a President.

The guy screwed over people who itemize at tax time by getting rid of things like the Personal Exemption--a boon to middle class tax filers--in favor of a tax plan where the wealthy reap the greatest rewards.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

waaaaah.   I got paid to sit and home and post memes ??‍♂️??‍♂️?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Weird. I just got to keep more of every paycheck throughout the year instead of having the government hold it and return it without interest...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A couple random thoughts on the presidential election:

1. Trump is doomed: It’s possible that we still have systemic errors in the polling data. Anything’s possible in 2020. But I believe the systemic errors from 2016, which mostly consisted of the underreporting of working-class whites, were corrected by the 2018 mid-terms. I believe Trump’s reelection problems are real and that his reelection campaign team would be wise to take the polling numbers very seriously. The current percentage point gap is large enough to overshadow Biden’s weaknesses with voter enthusiasm and voter economic trust. A silver lining for Trump is that he still has 2.5 months to work on getting everything under control. He’ll be largely judged on that first debate performance on September 29, on the pandemic status in October, and on the directly related economic status in October. In 1988, even Dukakis was somehow leading HW Bush by 17 percentage points at about 3.5 months before that election. So why my Trump reelection negativity? Well…Covid-19 issues are not likely going away this fall (see: nation-wide school re-opening concerns despite the Trump administration’s “bullying”), the foreclosure/eviction crisis could easily pull down the economy as early as next month, and Trump appears to be inherently (read: psychologically) incapable of acknowledging the magnitude of either. The polls are reflecting this emerging sentiment among centrist moderates and independents.

2. Sleepy Joe is sleepy: I may have been completely wrong to doubt Biden’s lazy campaign strategy. I badly underestimated his national appeal and the emotional nostalgia he evokes, blinded probably by my own longstanding biases against him for policy reasons. The once-in-a-century pandemic has entirely changed the 2020 campaign dynamics. A strong campaign ground game and constant public appearances don’t appear to matter. Neither does the party convention that traditionally launches and energizes a presidential campaign for the home stretch. Optimizing Latino, black, and Millenial turnout isn’t essential either. Biden’s mission is to focus on the retired white demographic in swing states who are scared of Covid-19, avoid sundowning for 3 night debates, let MSNBC and CNN continue handling his entire marketing campaign, sit back, relax, maybe take a long nap each day, and watch the opponent melt down with his complete lack of human empathy and his Kudlow-nomics dogmatism. Joe and Kamala would make a perfect ticket with a semi-witty campaign slogan of “sleeping our way to the top!” Ba dum tss.

On 7/15/2020 at 2:55 AM, Doc Brown said:

Good.  The less I hear of the Bernie fanatics the better.  Your revolution is over Lebowski.  The bums will always lose.

Yeeesh you really have it out for the Bernie people, no? Polling data from the Democratic presidential primaries showed a massive ideological divide within the party between young voters (for the pro-Bernie progressive left wing) and old voters (for the pro-Biden neolib centrist wing), with the split falling somewhere around age 45. This divide is too obvious to ignore. The age demographics bluntly favor the progressive revolutionaries over time. If Biden and his VP choice either lose in November or can’t fix America’s economy within the next 4-8 years, you better believe the Bernie fanatics will be emboldened. And those “bums” are a cantankerous bunch, as we’ve seen this summer. The Dudes will likely NOT abide.

17 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't know what abolish the suburbs means but good luck with convincing people Biden is in any way associated with the radical left.  Trump's best line of attack would be his Iraq War vote, part of establishment, pro NAFTA, etc..  Biden's biggest challenge will be getting the radical left to vote for him..

EXACTLY. Trump should be attacking Joe Biden like he is Hillary 2.0. The whole corrupt/establishment/neolib/neocon shtick would be much more effective and accurate than whatever he’s doing now. He’s using the playbook that was supposed to be reserved for Bernie and then mixing in miscellaneous cultural topics like falling statues instead of properly addressing the pandemic and the economy, two issues that actually concern most Americans. One might say Trump has adopted a SJW-heavy playbook akin to Hillary’s in 2016 instead of using his own 2016 populist playbook. Trump should be aiming for independent swing voters, not reinforcing his base which is already enthusiastic for November. And yes, no one outside far-right fearmongering Fox News circles actually believes “Joe Biden will be the most progressive candidate since FDR,” as Bernie himself absurdly claimed (what about LBJ?). Most far-leftists, moderates, and independents understand that Biden will govern more or less like Obama. If Obama was considered far-left to someone, then fine I guess.

Biden doesn’t need to worry about the “radical left” Bernie people in November anymore. They’re sticking with Biden at approximately the 85% level I predicted earlier. The latest poll I saw had them at 87% in support of Joe, with 4% defecting to Trump.

11 minutes ago, RealKayAdams said:

A couple random thoughts on the presidential election:

1. Trump is doomed: It’s possible that we still have systemic errors in the polling data. Anything’s possible in 2020. But I believe the systemic errors from 2016, which mostly consisted of the underreporting of working-class whites, were corrected by the 2018 mid-terms. I believe Trump’s reelection problems are real and that his reelection campaign team would be wise to take the polling numbers very seriously. The current percentage point gap is large enough to overshadow Biden’s weaknesses with voter enthusiasm and voter economic trust. A silver lining for Trump is that he still has 2.5 months to work on getting everything under control. He’ll be largely judged on that first debate performance on September 29, on the pandemic status in October, and on the directly related economic status in October. In 1988, even Dukakis was somehow leading HW Bush by 17 percentage points at about 3.5 months before that election. So why my Trump reelection negativity? Well…Covid-19 issues are not likely going away this fall (see: nation-wide school re-opening concerns despite the Trump administration’s “bullying”), the foreclosure/eviction crisis could easily pull down the economy as early as next month, and Trump appears to be inherently (read: psychologically) incapable of acknowledging the magnitude of either. The polls are reflecting this emerging sentiment among centrist moderates and independents.

2. Sleepy Joe is sleepy: I may have been completely wrong to doubt Biden’s lazy campaign strategy. I badly underestimated his national appeal and the emotional nostalgia he evokes, blinded probably by my own longstanding biases against him for policy reasons. The once-in-a-century pandemic has entirely changed the 2020 campaign dynamics. A strong campaign ground game and constant public appearances don’t appear to matter. Neither does the party convention that traditionally launches and energizes a presidential campaign for the home stretch. Optimizing Latino, black, and Millenial turnout isn’t essential either. Biden’s mission is to focus on the retired white demographic in swing states who are scared of Covid-19, avoid sundowning for 3 night debates, let MSNBC and CNN continue handling his entire marketing campaign, sit back, relax, maybe take a long nap each day, and watch the opponent melt down with his complete lack of human empathy and his Kudlow-nomics dogmatism. Joe and Kamala would make a perfect ticket with a semi-witty campaign slogan of “sleeping our way to the top!” Ba dum tss.

Yeeesh you really have it out for the Bernie people, no? Polling data from the Democratic presidential primaries showed a massive ideological divide within the party between young voters (for the pro-Bernie progressive left wing) and old voters (for the pro-Biden neolib centrist wing), with the split falling somewhere around age 45. This divide is too obvious to ignore. The age demographics bluntly favor the progressive revolutionaries over time. If Biden and his VP choice either lose in November or can’t fix America’s economy within the next 4-8 years, you better believe the Bernie fanatics will be emboldened. And those “bums” are a cantankerous bunch, as we’ve seen this summer. The Dudes will likely NOT abide.

EXACTLY. Trump should be attacking Joe Biden like he is Hillary 2.0. The whole corrupt/establishment/neolib/neocon shtick would be much more effective and accurate than whatever he’s doing now. He’s using the playbook that was supposed to be reserved for Bernie and then mixing in miscellaneous cultural topics like falling statues instead of properly addressing the pandemic and the economy, two issues that actually concern most Americans. One might say Trump has adopted a SJW-heavy playbook akin to Hillary’s in 2016 instead of using his own 2016 populist playbook. Trump should be aiming for independent swing voters, not reinforcing his base which is already enthusiastic for November. And yes, no one outside far-right fearmongering Fox News circles actually believes “Joe Biden will be the most progressive candidate since FDR,” as Bernie himself absurdly claimed (what about LBJ?). Most far-leftists, moderates, and independents understand that Biden will govern more or less like Obama. If Obama was considered far-left to someone, then fine I guess.

Biden doesn’t need to worry about the “radical left” Bernie people in November anymore. They’re sticking with Biden at approximately the 85% level I predicted earlier. The latest poll I saw had them at 87% in support of Joe, with 4% defecting to Trump.

Trump will win easily...

The left in America is only getting warmed up...

By the time November 3rd rolls around...

People are going to. be scared to death of any politician that is associated with them...

They are trapped into endorsing publicly the hard left, or being vilified by the media if they support anything that Trump does...

A Trump victory is in the bag...

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

Trump will win easily...

People are going to. be scared to death of any politician that is associated with them...

They are trapped into endorsing publicly the hard left, or being vilified by the media if they support anything that Trump does...

If there was no covid 19 to wreck the economy , cause a massive budget deficit and health crisis then you would be correct. Lets see how it looks in Nov.

36 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Trump will win easily...

At this point, I think it is as much in the bag as HRClinton was 4 years ago. 

I think Biden has a real shot. Something unthinkable four months ago. 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

If there was no covid 19 to wreck the economy , cause a massive budget deficit and health crisis then you would be correct. Lets see how it looks in Nov.

The shutdown and the propaganda with the requisite laboratory fraud brought the economy down...

In the coming months...

That will be obvious to all save for the eternally sacred and confused...

Biden is a mashed potato...

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

Oh no, first you had to work 7 whole hours the other day, then you had to pay taxes! I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 3

WALTER MONDALE COULD NOT BE REACHED FOR COMMENT: 

Biden Will Impose Highest Capital Gains Tax Rate Since Jimmy Carter in 1977.

On Oct. 23, 2019 Biden said:“So every single solitary person, their capital gains are going to be treated like real income and they are going to pay 40 percent on their capital gains tax.”

On Sept. 27, 2019 Biden said: “I’m gonna double the capital gains rate to 40 percent.”

On Oct. 15, 2020 Biden said: “I would raise the capital gains tax to the highest rate of 39.5 percent, I would double it.”

On Aug. 21, 2019 Biden said: “The capital gains tax should be at what the highest minimum tax should be, we should raise the tax back to 39.6 percent instead of 20 percent.”

On Dec. 9, 2019 Biden said the capital gains tax rate “could go higher” than 40%.

Taxes aren’t the only way that Biden will ensure you have less money: Biden’s fracking ban will derail environmental and economic gains.

18 hours ago, Tiberius said:

More trash:

On the Q-poll that has Biden "up" 15:

Click "Sample and Methodology detail."

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3666

D--34 R--24 I-34

D plus 10.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"defund the police"

The one thing everyone will completely understand as we get closer to election day: all Democrats now hate the police. There is no middle ground there. The left has made its bed where police are concerned and I suspect if Trump wins, we'll look at this metric much closer.

It's not just police who see the hate from the left. It's their spouses and their children and siblings and parents and friends and neighbors. It was only yesterday they were selflessly climbing stairs to save bodies in the towers, and we cheered them on as they worked selflessly to help others. Today they stand still on orders from their bosses while liberals walk right up to them, spit in their faces, call them names, shake their Cheetos-filled asses at them, and beat them with pipes and rocks.

This will only get worse for Dems, and Biden is too incoherent to argue otherwise.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/16/2020 at 8:17 AM, RealKayAdams said:

Trump is walking a thin line with Biden... at the presser the other day he spoke about Joe and Hunter Biden a lot of past corruption, pointing out their misdeeds in the Ukraine and in China (ie, enriching graft while ***** the American public). As he should. 

I have also heard Trump comment on Biden campaign tweets/press releases and say, "Joe didn't write that."  And the press never pushes why Trump would say that since "everyone" knows Joey Fingers has a cognitive problem, and the (complicit) press wants to bury it as much as possible.  So, Trump is stuck... "pick" on the dementia patient? Or go soft on him?  Usually Trump is a counter-puncher. His campaign needs to figure out the correct tone to make the general public aware that Biden has real cognitive issues, and they need that plan in place for after Labor Day when John Q. Public begins to pay attention to the race.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

The one thing everyone will completely understand as we get closer to election day: all Democrats now hate the police. There is no middle ground there. The left has made its bed where police are concerned and I suspect if Trump wins, we'll look at this metric much closer.

It's not just police who see the hate from the left. It's their spouses and their children and siblings and parents and friends and neighbors. It was only yesterday they were selflessly climbing stairs to save bodies in the towers, and we cheered them on as they worked selflessly to help others. Today they stand still on orders from their bosses while liberals walk right up to them, spit in their faces, call them names, shake their Cheetos-filled asses at them, and beat them with pipes and rocks.

This will only get worse for Dems, and Biden is too incoherent to argue otherwise.

Law enforcement officers in this country feel completely abandoned right now. I believe the majority of this country is on their side - even if they feel they cannot do so openly (a statement I never thought I would utter). I am hoping those people at least show up and express their opinion in November

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump is walking a thin line with Biden... at the presser the other day he spoke about Joe and Hunter Biden a lot past corruption, pointing out their nisdeeds in the Ukraine and in China (ie, enriching graft while ***** the American public). As he should. 

I have also heard Trump comment on Biden campaign tweets/press releases and say, "Joe didn't write that."  And the press never pushes why Trump would say that since "everyone" knows Joey Fingers has a cognitive problem, and the (complicit) press wants to bury it as much as possible.  So, Trump is stuck... "pick" on the dementia patient? Or go soft on him?  Usually Trump is a counter-puncher. His campaign needs to figure out the correct tone to make the general public aware that Biden has real cognitive issues, and they need that plan in place for after Labor Day when John Q. Public begins to pay attention to the race.

I think this is part of the reason he has a new Campaign Manager

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

lol

Talk about painting with a broad brush

ALL DEMS HATE THE COPS!!!

ALL OF THEM

There are few things funnier than watching leftists melt down in the face of their own rhetoric.

Are you suddenly leary of liberals insisting ALL Trump supporters are racist?

Are you suddenly tired of liberals insisting ALL Trump supporters are white supremacists?

Are you suddenly questioning liberals insisting all Trump supporters are Nazis?

NOW you don't like that all-inclusive rhetoric? Color me shocked. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

There are few things funnier than watching leftists melt down in the face of their own rhetoric.

Are you suddenly leary of liberals insisting ALL Trump supporters are racist?

Are you suddenly tired of liberals insisting ALL Trump supporters are white supremacists?

Are you suddenly questioning liberals insisting all Trump supporters are Nazis?

NOW you don't like that all-inclusive rhetoric? Color me shocked. :lol:

I get it now - you're trying to divide people. 

Enjoy

4 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I get it now - you're trying to divide people. 

Enjoy

NOW you think this rhetoric is divisive? NOW:lol:

Good thing the left has been so unifying through all of this! How did we miss it?

Pelosi Rip Memes - StayHipp

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Agree to disagree.

There are some fantastic public servants out there who have given their careers and lives to their communities.

I don't want people giving their whole lives/careers to 'public service'

There are over 300 million of us and several hundred thousands of Americans who can do just as good a job as those in office now.

Rotate them out.

Term limits for everything.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Trump is walking a thin line with Biden... at the presser the other day he spoke about Joe and Hunter Biden a lot past corruption, pointing out their nisdeeds in the Ukraine and in China (ie, enriching graft while ***** the American public). As he should.