Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

1 hour ago, Happy said:

And Star or Murphy haven't gotten any better.  They're still the same over-paid, middling players that they have been.

Nonsense. Star hasn't been middling and still isn't. He's still the same very fine space eater he's always been, the guy McD knew him to be and hired him to be.

Fair enough that since the injury Murphy mostly hasn't been as good as they hoped. But he's also been improving and near the end of the year was playing pretty damn well, four sacks in the last five games and then two more in the playoff game, 15 of his 36 tackles in the last five games and 4 of his 9 tackles for loss in the last five games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

You got to be pretty cheap to be without a cup holder ,

This is weird to me too. I’m not condoning the open container. But why not put it in a cup holder and say it was somebody else’s. But really it’s only only like a $100 fine and no points in NYS anyways.

I had an ADA friend tell me that if you were to get pulled over over the legal limit. Before the cop comes over, get out of your car, open a fresh bottle of booze and start chugging. Can’t prove you were drunk when driving and it’s on video you pulled a bottle out and drank outside of your car. It’s a ballsy move. I’d just prefer not to be smashed while driving. 

I am wondering if I his was part of the play in not putting the bottle in the back. Opens beer in front of cop. Invalidates breathalyzer/blood test bought him time at the very least. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

It is gonna go away. Wait for the Wet Reckless plea to happen 

Probably.  I just wonder if sometimes the publicity can work against a guy like Oliver, with a DA who doesn’t want to be seen rolling over for the rich and famous.

17 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

A little birdie told me, if you ever get pulled over: never admit to having even a drop of alcohol.

The officers all have dash cams, and if you say you'e been drinking, their leniency goes right out the window. Letting you off the hook and then you plow into a pedestrian WHILE THEY HAVE YOU ON TAPE saying you've been drinking... their life is over too.

If you simply say "I've had nothing to drink," you could smell like a bottle redemption center and be blackout, and they still might let you go.
Even if the cop says "are you being honest with me?"
Your answer remains: "Yes. I've had absolutely nothing to drink."

Or so I've been told...

Yeah.. That doesn’t work

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

Texas does require a permit for handguns.  It is very easy to get, considering he has lived there his whole life no reason why he should not have it.  

I believe the only reason for him to catch a gun charge would be because of not having the permit.  

If this is the case he is a real idiot!!!

You are right and wrong.  it is legal to own a handgun without a license and have in your house or car.  You can not take that handgun out of your car without the permit.  it could be in the car, loaded and in full view - no violation.

Now if the car was someone else's then he my be in trouble.

Texas has very different guns laws than the north east US.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

what are you crazy! Why wait for test results. We have already concluded he is a malingerer, low character guy , who is clearly a bane on socity as a whole, and the Bills in specific. After all, it's on the internet y'all! 

Worst part is plenzmd1 will be assigned as his AA buddy.

3 hours ago, Locomark said:

He was charged with unlawfully carrying a firearm. So you now know more about what constitutes Texas law than the 3 officers on the scene? It’s no different than driving without a license. Even if you left your license at home you don’t get a do over to go prove it later. Say he only had a concealed carry which would mean he would need to have his FOID card on him at the time. That could be a low charge but it’s going to stick.

I have been charged with driving without a license. I got a do over to show up at court house and it was waived.  Depends on state.

23 minutes ago, JohnnyGold said:

A little birdie told me, if you ever get pulled over: never admit to having even a drop of alcohol.

The officers all have dash cams, and if you say you'e been drinking, their leniency goes right out the window. Letting you off the hook and then you plow into a pedestrian WHILE THEY HAVE YOU ON TAPE saying you've been drinking... their life is over too.

If you simply say "I've had nothing to drink," you could smell like a bottle redemption center and be blackout, and they still might let you go.
Even if the cop says "are you being honest with me?"
Your answer remains: "Yes. I've had absolutely nothing to drink."

Or so I've been told...

This is excellent advice...I’ve been on both sides of the equation and seen it work...as a matter of fact, im actually drunk right now! ???

Edited by JaCrispy

5 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

You are right and wrong.  it is legal to own a handgun without a license and have in your house or car.  You can not take that handgun out of your car without the permit.  it could be in the car, loaded and in full view - no violation.

Now if the car was someone else's then he my be in trouble.

Texas has very different guns laws than the north east US.

You're right, but I think it becomes illegal possession when you become "intoxicated" which doesn't have a stated BAC when it comes to possessing a firearm.   It's very vague.  best to not carry when drinking at all.

22 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Considering how much time some players spend on charities it may just offset it and if judge says "it does not count, you need to spend it in this jurisdiction doing menial labor picking up trash" he should make a big deal on it, giving bad publicity to jurisdiction.  Lots of local businessmen get off with a lot less.  In one company I worked at officer did community service for charity associated with company.  Everything was going well until he was caught drinking and driving while he was supposed to doing community service and investigation revealed he spent no time at charity but charity person just checked off box saying he did.

If he accepts the plea deal he does what the deal tells him to do.  Complaining is useless.

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

This is weird to me too. I’m not condoning the open container. But why not put it in a cup holder and say it was somebody else’s. But really it’s only only like a $100 fine and no points in NYS anyways.

I had an ADA friend tell me that if you were to get pulled over over the legal limit. Before the cop comes over, get out of your car, open a fresh bottle of booze and start chugging. Can’t prove you were drunk when driving and it’s on video you pulled a bottle out and drank outside of your car. It’s a ballsy move. I’d just prefer not to be smashed while driving. 

I am wondering if I his was part of the play in not putting the bottle in the back. Opens beer in front of cop. Invalidates breathalyzer/blood test bought him time at the very least. 

Your friend wants to get you in trouble.  Your BAL will reflect your pre pullover alcohol level.  If you fail the field sobriety and refuse to blow,  that blood level will have a fresh brew added to it

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mango said:

Getting out of the car can get ya dead- ballsy for sure ?