Hapless Bills Fan

Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

9 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You have a gift for always ending up on the wrong side of arguments...

That's a huge compliment coming from you. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

More chances to throw brutal picks and lose in the CFB playoff? Wonderful.

Does Braxton Miller have eligibility left?

If you want to place a wager, I will bet you every single dime that I own that Justin Fields is drafted before the 5th round. If you believe what you are spitting out here stand behind it

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, keep flipping through. My main issue is the people that will be screaming for him. He’s strictly a backup. If everyone can agree with that we are cool. I was preparing for the “Brady was a 6th rounder” and “he’s better than Josh.” They’ve both come already. He’s not. He has a chance to be a decent backup. That was a need. It was good value for that.

I agree with you Kirby. Hopefully if he has to fill in for a few games if Josh gets hurt and he looks good, we could possibly flip him to a QB needy team for a first or second later. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have said that I think he can be (and will be) the backup. It was a good value pick at the time. The Peterman argument isn’t fair but I do think that both players lack the ability to make NFL throws outside of the numbers.

I’m a realist when it comes to the Bills. I will never (and have never) blindly presided them or unfairly criticized them. My criticism of starting Peterman at the time was warranted. My defending Josh’s development is equally as warranted.

Ok, we agree on 2/3 things. Let’s call it a day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Jake said to the Buffalo media that Josh reached out to him and told him congratulations. Told Josh he wants to play golf with him soon.

Whether you are a fan of Josh or not, he is a class act.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Whether you are a fan of Josh or not, he is a class act.

I am and he is.

Just watching Fromm highlights and the Barkley comparison is spot on. 

Both Barkley and Fromm have really nice 20-yard touch throws. That’s something that JA could hopefully learn from them!

excited to see if he can develop into a player! 

Posted (edited)

A guy who understands coverages and has an understanding of when to give up on a play, rather than always trying to be a hero, will be a nice change of pace. Now, can he get the ball to where he wants to before the coverage does is the obvious dilemma. His football IQ and Josh's talent and we have the best QB in the league.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Fields is a better pure QB than Braxton Miller. And one game doesn't change that.  He's also more physically talented than Fromm and it ain't close.  

This pick gave me major deja vu:

1st round QB JP Losman (athletic, big arm, questionable accuracy). Bills draft Trent Edwards (slow, noodle arm, great accuracy and intangibles).

1st round QB Josh Allen  (athletic, big arm, questionable accuracy). Bills draft Jake Fromm (slow, noodle arm, great accuracy and intangibles).

Will history repeat?

I like the pick, by the way. Great value in the 5th, and you should ALWAYS get young QBs into the pipeline and keep churning that position.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

People love their Big Ten guys around here. 

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you want to place a wager, I will bet you every single dime that I own that Justin Fields is drafted before the 5th round. If you believe what you are spitting out here stand behind it

That’s just why you’re so mad at Fromm dude. It’s not his fault Fields got waxed by Clemson.

• Haha (+1) 1

If he's the second coming of Chad Pennington I'll live with it.  Before Pennington's noodle arm gave out he was a really good football player.

6 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Just watching Fromm highlights and the Barkley comparison is spot on. 

Both Barkley and Fromm have really nice 20-yard touch throws. That’s something that JA could hopefully learn from them!

excited to see if he can develop into a player! 

Yeah. Fromm might end up never making it past the practice squad, or he might become a decent backup. I don’t understand the people who are bent out of shape because “he stinks”. If he doesn’t pan out, that’s fine. It’s worth taking a guy who could become your future backup. I don’t understand how anyone could be upset with the pick, regardless of what you think of Fromm. 

57 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Peterman part deux?

Peterman part trois. We already have Peterman part deux.

Merde!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

That’s 2 picks I predicted correctly while the Bills were on the clock. (Espinosa, Fromm)

If you picked Espinosa, you were wrong.  

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s just why you’re so mad at Fromm dude. It’s not his fault Fields got waxed by Clemson.

Waxed? I don’t remember Fromm in the playoff this year?

Again, if you believe what you are saying than feel free to make the wager and you can even name the stakes. I suspect that you are talking out of your backside which is why you won’t stand behind what you are saying. You know that I’m right on this so we are good.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Waxed? I don’t remember Fromm in the playoff this year?

Again, if you believe what you are saying than feel free to make the wager and you can even name the stakes. I suspect that you are taking out of your backside which is why you won’t stand behind what you are saying. You know that I’m right on this so we are good.

Maybe Cardale will come back now that the XFL folded so we can get some winning QB’s on that OSU roster.

Edited by FireChans

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

This pick gave me major deja vu:

1st round QB JP Losman (athletic, big arm, questionable accuracy). Bills draft Trent Edwards (slow, noodle arm, great accuracy and intangibles).

1st round QB Josh Allen  (athletic, big arm, questionable accuracy). Bills draft Jake Fromm (slow, noodle arm, great accuracy and intangibles).

Will history repeat?

I like the pick, by the way. Great value in the 5th, and you should ALWAYS get young QBs into the pipeline and keep churning that position.

JP Losman doesn't have 1/10 of the talent that Allen has.