Rd 5, Pick 167: QB Jake Fromm, Georgia

This pick gave me major deja vu:

1st round QB JP Losman (athletic, big arm, questionable accuracy). Bills draft Trent Edwards (slow, noodle arm, great accuracy and intangibles).

1st round QB Josh Allen  (athletic, big arm, questionable accuracy). Bills draft Jake Fromm (slow, noodle arm, great accuracy and intangibles).

Will history repeat?

I like the pick, by the way. Great value in the 5th, and you should ALWAYS get young QBs into the pipeline and keep churning that position.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If you want to place a wager, I will bet you every single dime that I own that Justin Fields is drafted before the 5th round. If you believe what you are spitting out here stand behind it

That’s just why you’re so mad at Fromm dude. It’s not his fault Fields got waxed by Clemson.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Just watching Fromm highlights and the Barkley comparison is spot on. 

Both Barkley and Fromm have really nice 20-yard touch throws. That’s something that JA could hopefully learn from them!

excited to see if he can develop into a player! 

Yeah. Fromm might end up never making it past the practice squad, or he might become a decent backup. I don’t understand the people who are bent out of shape because “he stinks”. If he doesn’t pan out, that’s fine. It’s worth taking a guy who could become your future backup. I don’t understand how anyone could be upset with the pick, regardless of what you think of Fromm. 

19 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s just why you’re so mad at Fromm dude. It’s not his fault Fields got waxed by Clemson.

Waxed? I don’t remember Fromm in the playoff this year?

Again, if you believe what you are saying than feel free to make the wager and you can even name the stakes. I suspect that you are talking out of your backside which is why you won’t stand behind what you are saying. You know that I’m right on this so we are good.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Waxed? I don’t remember Fromm in the playoff this year?

Again, if you believe what you are saying than feel free to make the wager and you can even name the stakes. I suspect that you are taking out of your backside which is why you won’t stand behind what you are saying. You know that I’m right on this so we are good.

Maybe Cardale will come back now that the XFL folded so we can get some winning QB’s on that OSU roster.

Edited by FireChans

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

This pick gave me major deja vu:

1st round QB JP Losman (athletic, big arm, questionable accuracy). Bills draft Trent Edwards (slow, noodle arm, great accuracy and intangibles).

1st round QB Josh Allen  (athletic, big arm, questionable accuracy). Bills draft Jake Fromm (slow, noodle arm, great accuracy and intangibles).

Will history repeat?

I like the pick, by the way. Great value in the 5th, and you should ALWAYS get young QBs into the pipeline and keep churning that position.

JP Losman doesn't have 1/10 of the talent that Allen has.

2 hours ago, VW82 said:

I like it. Seemingly good value in the 5th and gives McBeane a plan b if Josh doesn’t pan out. 

If Allen doesn't pan out then McDermott and Beane are most likely gone, IMO. This is one of those cases where there is no plan B, there is only plan A. And they need to do everything to make it work.

I like the pick... more insurance just in case for Allen 

And if allen develops fully and fromm shows promise then we unload him for a 1st or a 2nd down the road. 

Just now, vincec said:

If Allen doesn't pan out then McDermott and Beane are most likely gone, IMO. This is one of those cases where there is no plan B, there is only plan A. And they need to do everything to make it work.

Beane and McDermott arent getting fired if Allen doesnt work out... 

Beane has created a top 5 roster and managed the cap beautifully 

McDermott 2 playoff appearances in 3 years without top talent on offense 

Both seats are ice cold regardless  of allen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsInMaine said:

Fromm is awful

Im a Georgia alum and season ticket holder. He’s not awful but he’s an awful fit in Buffalo. His arm isn’t good enough to play at new era field and he has really small hands. He could be a good back up for a dome or southern team but not here. Love our draft but that’s a bad pick. 

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Ball velocity is probably the least accurate stat, if you can even call it that. There are endless examples of guys with lousy arms throwing mph as hard as guys with huge arms. Every year at the combine. It's worthless.

Gee, you should figure this out.   Think about baseball.

Any pitcher can rear back and throw 15 mph above his usual fastball speed.    Nobody knows where the ball is going to go.

Throwing just for the radar gun is different than getting the ball to the reciever or dropping it over the LB and into the basket of the WR. You can NO throw that at 100 miles an hour.    If you look at the videos of this guy, he completes a lot of long passes.