Bills sign OL Garrett McGhin

He was a Bills UDFA first.  They must have liked him last year, he went on IR during camp and then was released, then  pick up by the Panthers,.  He went from their PS and actually played a few games for the Panthers before getting hurt again. 

This acquisition is like getting a 6th/ 7th rounder so Beane can possibly toss one of his 6/7 rounders into a minor move up.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

With all of the offensive linemen we've already signed and considering that we have a lot of later picks in each round, I just don't see us getting someone to potentially develop into a starter.

Your comment was no doubt logical. Every Olineman signed pre-draft does reduce the likelihood of drafting another. All I am saying is - I am just not sure McGhin signing moves the needle enough. Also, this is just my opinion and I have been wrong more times than not.

But a Hunt or a Simpson are worth taking flyers on. Hunt comes from a  small school - can play tackle and guard - was fantastic in the Cajun run game and can be a starter. Simpson is just the opposite - played for a big name college program - held Quinnen Williams in check in the national title game last year - so has a puncher's chance of developing into a starter. That said, any prospect picked 4th round and beyond does face astronomical odds of becoming a starter - so you are not wrong there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

He was a Bills UDFA first.  They must have liked him last year, he went on IR during camp and then was released, then  pick up by the Panthers,.  He went from their PS and actually played a few games for the Panthers before getting hurt again. 

This acquisition is like getting a 6th/ 7th rounder so Beane can possibly toss one of his 6/7 rounders into a minor move up.  

Or he may nab a 5th/6th rounder, for 2021. That's one of the many things I love about Beane.