Report: Raiders close to a trade for Yannick

1 hour ago, Mountain Man said:

To be fair, they got multiple 1sts for Mack. If they get Ngakoue ultimately as replacement for just 1 1st then that's a good trade overall for them. 

Its basically Mack for Ngakoue and a 1st.

I think that Mack is considerably better than Ngakoue.  

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

they better be sure about gardner if that's who they're rolling with.  he had a pretty decent year last year but now they need a new secondary basically, a rb wr and tight end to start.  if i were them i'd go cb, s  and wr first 3 picks. 

They for sure need a CB, S, and WR.   If they make this trade they will also need a defensive end

Opening a ton of holes with all these trades.

1 hour ago, Mountain Man said:

To be fair, they got multiple 1sts for Mack. If they get Ngakoue ultimately as replacement for just 1 1st then that's a good trade overall for them. 

Discounted a few years.  There are a number of trades where teams traded 1st later years for 2nd current year.

1 hour ago, JinxedBill said:

I think the virus may be some motivation as well here.  Just like Beane did, I’d rather use my 1st on a proven commodity that can hit the ground running come TC if there is one. Yannick for a 1st is not a bad deal. 

It is when you compare how much you are paying him versus how much you are paying the pick there...that is probably like 12-13 million more than a player picked there for 4+ years

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They for sure need a CB, S, and WR.   If they make this trade they will also need a defensive end

Opening a ton of holes with all these trades.

well they took josh allen high last year. maybe they use yannick money and go for clowney?  dt is also a big need for them

That feels like a big price for him. It feels like an odd fit with the young guys that they have at the position. I wonder if they deal one of the guys from last year for a pick? Why wouldn’t you just sign Clowney (who I think is the better player) and keep the pick?

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Discounted a few years.  There are a number of trades where teams traded 1st later years for 2nd current year.

I don't think that really applies as they are both at the same point in their career, so the Raiders will get benefit later

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jags can trade him anytime, I understand they want a pick tonight but if it doesn’t happen I still don’t see him playing for them again. 

I just don’t believe that the Jags would refuse to take 19th pick from the Raiders , especially when he said MORE then once that he’s not playing another game in the Jags uniform 

33 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That feels like a big price for him. It feels like an odd fit with the young guys that they have at the position. I wonder if they deal one of the guys from last year for a pick? Why wouldn’t you just sign Clowney (who I think is the better player) and keep the pick?

I think Clowney is insanely overrated.  $15 million + for 32 sacks in 6 years?  No thanks.  He’s like Mario except without the actual production.  There’s a reason he’s going to be on his 3rd team in 3 years.  He’s not that good.

and YN is annoying but my man is 25 and has 37.5 sacks in 4 years.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jags can trade him anytime, I understand they want a pick tonight but if it doesn’t happen I still don’t see him playing for them again. 

Yeah - fins traded tunsil post draft and camp last year and still got 1sts... but that was bill obrien. Does he have anything left to trade for Ngakoue?

2 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

Except that they spent a high first last year on Clelin Ferrel who turned out to be underwhelming (though still early) so they've spent 2 firsts to replace Mack who is a better player than Yannick and Ferrel together. 

Would you rather have Khalil Mack and Devin White, or Clelin Ferrel and Yannick. Figure if they have Maxx Crosby anyways, I'm taking Mack and White all day. 

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think Clowney is insanely overrated.  $15 million + for 32 sacks in 6 years?  No thanks.  He’s like Mario except without the actual production.  There’s a reason he’s going to be on his 3rd team in 3 years.  He’s not that good.

and YN is annoying but my man is 25 and has 37.5 sacks in 4 years.  

Clowney gets a ton of pressure and TFL. If you are saying $17M a year for Clowney or $22M & a first for Yannick I’m going Clowney all day long.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Putin said:

I just don’t believe that the Jags would refuse to take 19th pick from the Raiders , especially when he said MORE then once that he’s not playing another game in the Jags uniform 

Yeah I can't see them getting better than that.

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Except that they spent a high first last year on Clelin Ferrel who turned out to be underwhelming (though still early) so they've spent 2 firsts to replace Mack who is a better player than Yannick and Ferrel together. 

Would you rather have Khalil Mack and Devin White, or Clelin Ferrel and Yannick. Figure if they have Maxx Crosby anyways, I'm taking Mack and White all day. 

Ferrel is too early to tell he wasn't lighting the world on fire but he did show some flashes (4.5 sacks is not tragic for a rookie) DE's take some time to develop so I wouldn't call that pick a miss just yet. But I would agree that if they are giving up pick 19 for Yannick that squanders a big part of what they got for Mack. Yannick is a very good player but I am not giving up a 1st and a 18-20 million dollar a year contract for a very good player. The Raiders would be generous to offer their two 3rd round picks for Yannick and the Jags should be happy to get that haul.