Report: Raiders close to a trade for Yannick

3 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Raiders are so dumb. They had Mack and Amari Cooper and since they traded them, they’ve continued to focus on replacements for them.

To be fair, they got multiple 1sts for Mack. If they get Ngakoue ultimately as replacement for just 1 1st then that's a good trade overall for them. 

Its basically Mack for Ngakoue and a 1st.

Edited by Mountain Man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don't get this move.  They signed Nassib, they drafted Maxx Crosby who had a huge year and then took Ferrell 4th overall(which will always be a head scratcher over Josh Allen), Jacksonville should take it and run.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Raiders are so dumb. They had Mack and Amari Cooper and since they traded them, they’ve continued to focus on replacements for them.

The Raiders were too cash strapped to sign Mack.  Their poor revenue when they were in Oakland and the fact that the team is the main (only?) source of income for the Davis family was the problem.  There is a CBA rule that requires that all guaranteed contract money is set aside at the time of signing.  It’s a holdover from when the league was small and not guaranteed to succeed, but is still in effect.  They were stuck. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, JinxedBill said:

I think the virus may be some motivation as well here.  Just like Beane did, I’d rather use my 1st on a proven commodity that can hit the ground running come TC if there is one. Yannick for a 1st is not a bad deal. 

The cost is  not only a 1st round pick ,  I’m pretty sure they will have to sign him to a new contract, ( 17-20 mil a year ? ) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Raiders are doomed to be 8 and 8 forever they are spinning their wheels.  Didnt want to pay Mack but want to give up a 1st and pay similar money to a lesser player.

It was eye opening rewatching the 2014 draft last night.  Gruden hated the Mack pick.  Thought the Raiders needed to draft Manziel instead.   Thankful Gruden and his ego are in the AFC.  

29 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

that's more than i thought the jags would get for him. jags would have 3 first rounders to load on talent. take that and run. 

If the Jags had done the right thing and fired Marone they would be able to reshape their organization with those picks.  New coach, new qb.  Instead they will use those picks on replacing the players who didnt want to play for the bozo head coach.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Da Raiders should of kept Mack and paid him. Mack is all class and was a proven pass rusher. 

Yannick has not proven much except that he needs to stay off Twitter. 

Hindsight is 50\50 to Gruden.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Putin said:

The cost is  not only a 1st round pick ,  I’m pretty sure they will have to sign him to a new contract, ( 17-20 mil a year ? ) 

Mack got $23.5M/year.  I hope YN asks for at least that much.

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Raiders are doomed to be 8 and 8 forever they are spinning their wheels.  Didnt want to pay Mack but want to give up a 1st and pay similar money to a lesser player.

It was eye opening rewatching the 2014 draft last night.  Gruden hated the Mack pick.  Thought the Raiders needed to draft Manziel instead.   Thankful Gruden and his ego are in the AFC.  

If the Jags had done the right thing and fired Marone they would be able to reshape their organization with those picks.  New coach, new qb.  Instead they will use those picks on replacing the players who didnt want to play for the bozo head coach.

they better be sure about gardner if that's who they're rolling with.  he had a pretty decent year last year but now they need a new secondary basically, a rb wr and tight end to start.  if i were them i'd go cb, s  and wr first 3 picks.