At 54 the Bills will take? Your guess here!!

DJB

I like Uche or Dobbins.  I love Michigan and hate Ohio State, but colleges aside, you have to go with the BPA.  That said, the Bills haven't had a great track record with Buckeyes.  A few that come to mind are Adolphus Washington, Cardale Jones, Tim Anderson and Donte Whitner.  Balancing that out, Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield were good.  Not a lot of Wolverines, although Jay Riemersma was a decent TE for us and I think we had a brief stint with TE Mark Campbell who was also OK.  Dobbins looks like a real stud.  I like Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin too, but I recently learned (from this board!) that he has fumbling issues, so that disqualifies him.  Dobbins was pretty dominant in the Fiesta Bowl against Clemson last year (and against Wisconsin and Michigan), some of the top DLs in college football, and he was really good all season long.  I inserted a screen cutout below, although it's a little hard to read.  Uche was also terrific all season.  Either would be great additions to the roster.

image.thumb.png.3abf87f91ac8f6f457c1489dde69baf2.png

Round 2: DE - Terrell Lewis (if healthy)

As an underclassman, Lewis was giving last year's first rounder Jonah Williams fits in practice.

I also like Uche - but am hoping we can get him in round 3 if we dont go DE in round 2.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

1 hour ago, DJB said:

My guess on who they will draft. 

Damon Arnette DB Ohio state

Hes a tough physical corner, who although lacks some size, is instinctive, plays physical and excels as a zone corner. Hes also a senior which the Bills have shown a propensity for in the past. 

Beane has had a trend of grabbing vet FA in short term deals (Gaine and Norman), and now adds in a young high draft pick. 

I would guess edge rusher or cornerback.

1 hour ago, Garrett33 said:

Trevon Diggs if he's there!

That would be a fun pick.

I'm hoping Beanes lucky stars are shinning bright for us in this years draft, and the recent injury reports lets Laviska Shenault fall to us at 54.  I would also like to be thrilled with;Zack Moss being our pick at 86 and K'Von Wallace at 128.

Edited by gjv001

4 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I'm hoping Beanes lucky stars are shinning bright for us in this years draft, and the recent injury reports lets Laviska Shenault fall to us at 54.  I would also like to be thrilled with;Zack Moss being our pick at 86 and Klavon Chaisson at 128.

Chaisson at 128?  It would be a miracle if he's there at 54...and if so, they would take him right there!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

I like Chinn but I think he will be gone by our pick. Dugger might fall to us because he's from a smaller school and is a bit older for a draft prospect.

Dugger will be 4 years older as a rookie than Tremaine Edmunds was.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’s me second pick behind Lewis.  

sadly, I’d really like to see how McD and Frazier can mold Uche.  So he won’t be the pick because of that

With the right coaching and a defined role(s), I can't help but think he's going to be a stud. If I was fully grading guys this year, he'd only be the second guy ever that I'd give a complete 10/10 for football IQ. He's incredibly conceptually savvy.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BillsDude said:

The bills won't draft at 54..They are moving on up, and will take Jonathan Taylor at beginning of round 2..

Finally someone who thinks that we need more offensive talent.  McDermott has done a good job turning around the team.  But he seems a little tone deaf and dim when it comes to where the NFL is and is heading in the next few years.  How does another Safety or Corner make us a better contender for the Super Bowl in the next two years?  We have more then enuf talent in the secondary to compete for a Super Bowl.  We NEED offensive weapons.  Jonathan Taylor is an amazing RB.  Go watch his film while at Wisconsin.  Why do we even need Dugger when we have Taron Johnson and a whole bunch of other guys?  Our roster is not THAT good, especially on offense where we should not get the best WR or RB available with our first pick wherever that may be!!

32 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I like Uche or Dobbins.  I love Michigan and hate Ohio State, but colleges aside, you have to go with the BPA.  That said, the Bills haven't had a great track record with Buckeyes.  A few that come to mind are Adolphus Washington, Cardale Jones, Tim Anderson and Donte Whitner.  Balancing that out, Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield were good.  Not a lot of Wolverines, although Jay Riemersma was a decent TE for us and I think we had a brief stint with TE Mark Campbell who was also OK.  Dobbins looks like a real stud.  I like Jonathan Taylor from Wisconsin too, but I recently learned (from this board!) that he has fumbling issues, so that disqualifies him.  Dobbins was pretty dominant in the Fiesta Bowl against Clemson last year (and against Wisconsin and Michigan), some of the top DLs in college football, and he was really good all season long.  I inserted a screen cutout below, although it's a little hard to read.  Uche was also terrific all season.  Either would be great additions to the roster.

image.thumb.png.3abf87f91ac8f6f457c1489dde69baf2.png

Right there with you about loving Michigan and hating Ohio State.  Class of 87 bro.  But I agree on Dobbins.  He is excellent.  We need him or Taylor in the 2nd round.  Then trade back up for Uche and also DPJ.  He has a very high ceiling, and his best football is ahead of him.  (watch the TD catch against Indiana last year.  Amazing)  Big 10 does not get enuf respect.  But they play hard nose tough football.  Getting RB, WR and Edge from up North would be a tremendous haul..  We win the draft if we get Taylor or Dobbins, DPJ and Uche.  Bring in a kicker late if we have that 7th.  Otherwise as an UFA, and we are golden for 2020.  

And yes Winfield was excellent.  And Clements was very good also.  Big mistake letting Winfield at Pat Williams go in free agency years ago!

6 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

With the right coaching and a defined role(s), I can't help but think he's going to be a stud. If I was fully grading guys this year, he'd only be the second guy ever that I'd give a complete 10/10 for football IQ. He's incredibly conceptually savvy.

Uche is really fast, but where would you play him?  He really isn’t big/strong enough to play 4-3 DE is he?  If you play him at LB, do you take Milano or Edmunds off the field for the large % of plays that they go with 2 LBs?  Is he just a situational pass rusher in that case?

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1