Kirk cousins says that playing without fans would be refreshing

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I read the actual full quote, and although it adds context, it can still be interpreted as Cousins saying he doesn’t care if the fans are in the stadium. He’s absolutely entitled to his opinion. Those of us who view that quote as sounding a bit arrogant/self-absorbed are also entitled to an opinion. Personally, I want to see people back out living their life everywhere, including attending football games. If Cousins is happy to not get booed, that’s cool too. 

Anything can be interpreted a hundred different ways, especially if someone has a narrative to push.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yet many here are eating it up regardless.....

It's Kirk Cousins, the QB that drives players away... it's pretty clear cut here... he's not a normal NFL QB and he's going to end up out on his ass.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Josh would have mentioned how awesome the fans are, but stated that he’s ready to play no matter what the circumstances are. I just can’t picture that quote coming from Josh in the same manner as Cousins. I love how Josh carries himself, and have never been a big fan of how Cousins carries himself. 

I guess I prefer a playoff game winning drive over how one carries himself. I have that luxury as a fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

He has lots of fanboys here. 

That’s ridiculous.  Just a bunch of people pretending that he said something wrong (for whatever reason) and jumping all over him while a bunch of others point out that he didn’t actually say what he’s accused of. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I guess I prefer a playoff game winning drive over how one carries himself. I have that luxury as a fan. 

The Vikings are a really good football team. McD has worked miracles with this Bills team. The Vikings success is far more than just Cousins. Cousins is a decent QB, but I don’t think many of you would be happy with him if he were our starting QB. Watching a playoff game and looking at the stats is different than watching a guy QB every week. 

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That’s ridiculous.  Just a bunch of people pretending that he said something wrong (for whatever reason) and jumping all over him while a bunch of others point out that he didn’t actually say what he’s accused of. 

Some of us just interpret the quote as being a bit out of touch (even when the quote is read in context) I can also totally see why someone wouldn’t have an issue with it. I get that, there are far bigger issues that face football teams than a little quote like that. I understand why many people aren’t bothered by it. What I can’t understand is how some people don’t see it could also be taken the wrong way. That why I made the fanboy comment, some people are really digging deep to defend the comments. I’m not saying what he said is a huge deal, I can see both sides. 

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Some of us just interpret the quote as being a bit out of touch (even when the quote is read in context) I can also totally see why someone wouldn’t have an issue with it. I get that, there are far bigger issues that face football teams than a little quote like that. I understand why many people aren’t bothered by it. What I can’t understand is how some people don’t see it could also be taken the wrong way. That why I made the fanboy comment, some people are really digging deep to defend the comments. I’m not saying what he said is a huge deal, I can see both sides. 

Most people consider it a pretty big insult to call out people as fanboys.  It means that they are such fans of a player or team that they’re not rational about them.  Maybe you didn’t mean it that way, but that’s how it comes off.  It’s certainly not something someone call people if they thought they were being reasonable and had a reasonable take. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't care about Cousins one way or another.  But by calling it "refreshing," it sounds like he's saying he would rather there be no fans in the stadium.  And that is a very odd statement indeed.  I'd be curious to see how Vikings fans are taking it.

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yet many here are eating it up regardless.....

Because is feeds a narrative. 

4 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm sure the Vikings would find not paying Kirk Cousins' contract refreshing

Really? Cos they just extended him so.....

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, teef said:

this thing is a mess.  almost turned into a josh allen thread too.  gross.

***** you man! Josh Allen would never say something like that. Where do you come off pointing fingers at such a fine young man? You should be ashamed of yourself.  ***** pathetic.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

***** you man! Josh Allen would never say something like that. Where do you come off pointing fingers at such a fine young man? You should be ashamed of yourself.  ***** pathetic.

i'm being allen shamed!