TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Almost as though they had a need for Chase Young isn't it? ;)

Not as much of a need as a franchise QB. Haskins will be shipped out next year for extra picks in 2021. You build around your QB first, although DE is likely the second most important position. Young is a good player but I think Tua will be a star. Good luck finding a QB in the 4th and next year Washington may be just good enough to lose out on next year’s top prospects, leaving them in QB purgatory for God knows how long, maybe long enough for Rivera to lose his job. Rivera may want his own guy, we’ll see. I can go on and on about this. Robinson is a better prospect than any QB is in the 4th round, it’s so disproportionate it’s not even close.

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Not as much of a need as a franchise QB. Haskins will be shipped out next year for extra picks in 2021. You build around your QB first, although DE is likely the second most important position. Young is a good player but I think Tua will be a star. Good luck finding a QB in the 4th and next year Washington may be just good enough to lose out on next year’s top prospects, leaving them in QB purgatory for God knows how long, maybe long enough for Rivera to lose his job. Rivera may want his own guy, we’ll see. I can go on and on about this. Robinson is a better prospect than any QB is in the 4th round, it’s so disproportionate it’s not even close.

I don't dislike the Tua pick, as it drove the direction of the draft in large part, but my plan would be the safe prospect in Chase Young and shoot for Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields in 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't dislike the Tua pick, as it drove the direction of the draft in large part, but my plan would be the safe prospect in Chase Young and shoot for Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields in 2021.

Tough crowd. Be grateful I didn’t take Rodrigo Blankenship #2 overall. I hear he has good kickoff hang time very rarely misses his kicks.

• Haha (+1) 2

With the 111th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR, Michigan  

We need another play maker to help the franchise (Deshaun)  

Peoples-Jones has many qualities that make him an appealing NFL prospect and likely a better pro than college player. His hands, ball skills, size and athletic ability all shine on tape. There’s no questioning his ability to adjust to the football and pluck it with consistency.

The chargers and @TPS  are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

Yaaawwwnnnn!  Where's our board? What happened to the monitors!?  What round is this?

Ok, the Chargers have regrouped since snatching Zack Baun with the 37th pick last Friday.  We have been looking at boosting the receiving options for heir to the Rivers throne Justin Herbert.  They are surprised to find this prospect still there.... 

With the 112th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the LA Chargers select Harrison Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic University.

Bryant, the John Mackey Award winner, is the highest rated pick remaining on Jeremiah's board (71) and the second highest rated TE on NFL Draft Tracker which lists his NFL comparison as George Kittle.  The major question about Bryant was his blocking skills, but he answered those with a very strong showing at the Senior Bowl.  With Hunter Henry franchised, if the Chargers are unable to sign him long term, Bryant offers good insurance.

@Reed83HOF and the Carolina Panthers are on the clock...

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

Yaaawwwnnnn!  Where's our board? What happened to the monitors!?  What round is this?

Ok, the Chargers have regrouped since snatching Zack Braun with the 37th pick last Friday.  We have been looking at boosting the receiving options for heir to the Rivers throne Justin Herbert.  They are surprised to find this prospect still there.... 

With the 112th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the LA Chargers select Hunter Bryant, TE, Florida Atlantic University.

Bryant, the John Mackey Award winner, is the highest rated pick remaining on Jeremiah's board (71) and the second highest rated TE on NFL Draft Tracker which lists his NFL comparison as George Kittle.  The major question about Bryant was his blocking skills, but he answered those with a very strong showing at the Senior Bowl.  With Hunter Henry franchised, if the Chargers are unable to sign him long term, Bryant offers good insurance.

@Reed83HOF and the Carolina Panthers are on the clock...

Hunter Bryant went to Washington, Harrison Bryant went to Florida Atlantic. Which you want? I assume on the description it's Harrison.

With the 114th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Arizona Cardinals select Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington.

@Victory Formationand the Redskins are on the clock.

57 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Hunter Bryant went to Washington, Harrison Bryant went to Florida Atlantic. Which you want? I assume on the description it's Harrison.

Must be Harrison as Harrison as the Cards picked Hunter based on the updated sheets.  If the other way, feel free to pick to keep the train moving.  @BuffaloHokie

58 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

With the 113th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Carolina Panthers select Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri.

Al O fills in right where Greg Olsen left off, and makes the passing game a bigger threat.

I struggled between the TE from Missouri and Peoples-Jones  

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Damn it! We're still asleep!  Harrison! I'll edit it.

I also said Zack BRaun.  Too long between picks...

7 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I don't think they will be good enough to miss out on a top QB next year if Haskins is anything like as bad as last season. I certainly get taking Tua. But I'd take Young, ride Haskins to a top 2 pick in 2021 and pick Lawrence or Fields.  

• Like (+1) 1

With the 1035675435th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Washington Redskins select Kenny Willekes, DE/OLB, Michigan State.

Ideally I’d like to have selected a CB a T or a MLB here, but unfortunately it’s bare cupboards at this point. Redskins missed out on Chase Young but were fortunate enough to land Alton Robinson and Kenny Willekes in the 4th round. Willekes and Robinson join LB/DE Ryan Kerrigan and would provide the Redskins with a promising pass rush, good if not dominant. Could easily see a top 8-10 unit within a year or two.

@Victory Formation is on until 10am. Autodraft is set to Rodrigo Blankenship, K, Georgia due to rumored interest. 

How is he still on the board? ?✌️

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Tyler Johsnon. Reminds me a bit of Stevie Johnson. 

I was tempted to go Lynn Bowden, but I felt that Tyler fit the traditional receiver role better. AJ and Tyler Boyd are nearing the end of their contracts. He can learn from them and earn a spot.

With the 118th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select James Lynch, DL, Baylor. 

We thought about going with Devon Hamilton, a true Nose tackle who maybe fits our needs better, but Lynch is way too good a value here. We’ll plug him in at end on our 3-4 and he’ll be free to hunt the QB. Adding him and Jurrell Casey (for peanuts) plus bringing back Shelby Harris and getting Chubb back healthy I’m confident our front 7 will be very good this year. 

@NewEra and the Falcons are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

With the 118th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select James Lynch, DL, Baylor. 

We thought about going with Devon Hamilton, a true Nose tackle who maybe fits our needs better, but Lynch is way too good a value here. We’ll plug him in at end on our 3-4 and he’ll be free to hunt the QB. Adding him and Jurrell Casey (for peanuts) plus bringing back Shelby Harris and getting Chubb back healthy I’m confident our front 7 will be very good this year. 

@NewEra and the Falcons are on the clock. 

I like this. Great fit. Lynch is not a fit everywhere, but makes a ton of sense with the Broncos. 

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Neither are as long as you would typically want, but they do a good job moving around to get to the right spot. 

Getting to the right spot is typically how you score big. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If someone can make type out the Round 4 info, the same way it looks on the OP, I will copy and paste it.

Then I will update all the picks made so far.  I'm working from home today, so I can keep it updated through this evening.  Tomorrow, not so much