TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I suspected that was going to be your pick. I would have taken him if he was still there but I had 4 or 5 guys I was happy with which is why I was willing to slide back from #70. 

With the 74th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select: 

Jonathan Greenard, Linebacker, Florida

For the third time in this draft I have taken the best player available according to my board. I love Greenard and while my suspicion is that he is a better fit at end in a 4-3 in the NFL he played everywhere in college and is more than capable of fitting into Todd Bowles's 3-4 as an outside linebacker. 

The Indianapolis Colts and @Philo are now on the clock. 

There goes the TSW round three poll winner!

The DeForest Buckner trade was a great start to beefing up the defensive line, but there is still a need for more talent on the edge. There were a few guys we had in mind here and luckily a couple are still available. That being said...

With the 75th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Joshua Uche, EDGE, Michigan.

@GunnerBill and the Buccaneers are back on the clock.

PS. You took the guy I really wanted at 74

4 minutes ago, Philo said:

The DeForest Buckner trade was a great start to beefing up the defensive line, but there is still a need for more talent on the edge. There were a few guys we had in mind here and luckily a couple are still available. That being said...

With the 75th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Joshua Uche, EDGE, Michigan.

Good pick, good pick. Good player.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Philo said:

@Philo blame @BuffaloHokie13. If he hadn't taken Dantzler at #73 then he was going to be my pick at #74 and then even if you took Greenard at #75 I was going to come right back and take Uche at #76...... as it is....

With the 76th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Lucas Niang, Offensive Tackle, TCU

I said above that the reason I was willing to slide back from #70 to #74 was because I had 5 guys I would be happy to take with the "double dip" effect of #74 and #76 and none of them were "sticking out".... well Greenard was a bit but I like him slightly less in a 3-4 than as a 4-3 end which brought him closer to the pack. Dantzler, Greenard and Uche were all in that gang of 5 and so was Lucas Niang.

We had a need at edge given that at the moment we only have Shaq Barrett back on the tag and Jason Pierre-Paul is 31 and slowing down but we also have a need for competition at right tackle. We brought Joe Haeg over from the Colts in free agency and he is pencilled in at the moment as our starter and would probably be serviceable but ideally I'd like him as a swing guy because he has experience at both tackle spots and at guard. I was the person trying to get up for Isaiah Wilson at the end of round two before the Seahawks took him right in front of the trade I had worked out. Niang then became the focus of my attention at tackle and I am stoked he lasted to this spot. He is the 9th best player left on my big board where he was #73 overall. There are tackles I like less who have gone ahead of him. If the medical checks out I think Niang would win this right tackle job in camp and be a cornerstone of this line for at least the duration of his rookie deal.

The Denver Broncos and @whatdrought are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm also just putting it out there at this stage - and I know it is tempting not to trade down out of round 3 for folks now because they don't get the fun of making the picks - but If there are GMs who are thinking about it as if it were real and are interested in trading out of a round 3 pick and adding some capital for what would be day 3 I have 6 picks (3 in the 4th, 1 in the 5th and 2 in the 6th) in my back pocket and for the right value I'd be interested in coming back up.

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

@Philo blame @BuffaloHokie13. If he hadn't taken Dantzler at #73 then he was going to be my pick at #74 and then even if you took Greenard at #75 I was going to come right back and take Uche at #76...... as it is....

With the 76th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Lucas Niang, Offensive Tackle, TCU

I said above that the reason I was willing to slide back from #70 to #74 was because I had 5 guys I would be happy to take with the "double dip" effect of #74 and #76 and none of them were "sticking out".... well Greenard was a bit but I like him slightly less in a 3-4 than as a 4-3 end which brought him closer to the pack. Dantzler, Greenard and Uche were all in that gang of 5 and so was Lucas Niang.

We had a need at edge given that at the moment we only have Shaq Barrett back on the tag and Jason Pierre-Paul is 31 and slowing down but we also have a need for competition at right tackle. We brought Joe Haeg over from the Colts in free agency and he is pencilled in at the moment as our starter and would probably be serviceable but ideally I'd like him as a swing guy because he has experience at both tackle spots and at guard. I was the person trying to get up for Isaiah Wilson at the end of round two before the Seahawks took him right in front of the trade I had worked out. Niang then became the focus of my attention at tackle and I am stoked he lasted to this spot. He is the 9th best player left on my big board where he was #73 overall. There are tackles I like less who have gone ahead of him. If the medical checks out I think Niang would win this right tackle job in camp and be a cornerstone of this line for at least the duration of his rookie deal.

The Denver Broncos and @whatdrought are now on the clock.

I really screwed ya with that trade, huh? Sucker! 

???????

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Unwritten rule that you have to be able to pronounce the name of the player you select. 

That’s a great pick for them. I have a feeling Davis will be a stud. Love him and would expect him to be a great boost to that D. 

Noah ?  ... Just like the guy who captained a boat full of animals.

With the 77th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select Amik Robertson, Louisiana Tech.

Corner is our biggest remaining need, and while there are some others we hoped we would have a chance at with this pick, Robertson is definitely someone we're excited about. While undersized, he plays big and is a playmaker. He brings a tenacity and intensity that will be contagious. Flexible inside outside corner who is a ballhawk.

Falcons and @NewEra are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1

Since we bypassed Chaisson due to changing up the drafts from 2.0-3.0, we had to wait til rd 3 to address our pass rush.  

we didn’t feel there was Pass rush value in rd 2, especially with Georgia RB DAndre Swift still in the board.  Taking a pass rusher at that point would’ve been a reach based on our boards.  We rolled the dice and with hope that one of Anae, Taylor, Greenard, Uche or Curtis Weaver were on the board in rd 3.  

the Atlanta Falcons select Curtis Weaver, DE, Boise st.

while Curtis may not be the quick twitch explosive athlete some look for in pass rushers, Vic Beasley was exactly that....and he failed to live up to expectations.  We feel comfortable that Weaver will provide us with solid DE play and provides us with what we’re looking for in a 3rd pick.  A contributor with starters upside 

@MAJBobby is on the clock

Edited by NewEra

With the 79th Pick of the 2020 NFL Draft the NY Jets Select Brycen Hopkins, TE Purdue. 

Jets were looking for a CB to slip. None did and it is too early for the next group. No IOL of value at this spot either.  With another pick in this round and later picks I can shore up my Holes. But instead I will go get another Weapon for Sam Darnold. 

With Herndons INJ and off field issues and Griffens age this is a low key need position for us. Hopefully Herndons Issues are behind him and we can role with a 2 TE Set including him and Hopkins. 

the Las Vegas Raiders and @Logic are on the clock. @Virgil

1 minute ago, Logic said:

@Virgil, I am up after Bobby. The thing is, I live on the west coast. If he doesn’t pick until morning, please don’t skip me. I have back-to-back picks. I’m usually up about 8 PST (11EST) and will check in and make my picks then. If you’d prefer, I can send you a list of my top three picks tonight, so I don’t hold everyone up. Just don’t wanna be skipped.

You good man. I was up made my pick. 

53 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

With the 77th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select Amik Robertson, Louisiana Tech.

Corner is our biggest remaining need, and while there are some others we hoped we would have a chance at with this pick, Robertson is definitely someone we're excited about. While undersized, he plays big and is a playmaker. He brings a tenacity and intensity that will be contagious. Flexible inside outside corner who is a ballhawk.

Falcons and @NewEra are on the clock. 

Love this player. I picked him in draft 2.0. Baby honey badger!

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

With the 79th Pick of the 2020 NFL Draft the NY Jets Select Brycen Hopkins, TE Purdue. 

Jets were looking for a CB to slip. None did and it is too early for the next group. No IOL of value at this spot either.  With another pick in this round and later picks I can shore up my Holes. But instead I will go get another Weapon for Sam Darnold. 

With Herndons INJ and off field issues and Griffens age this is a low key need position for us. Hopefully Herndons Issues are behind him and we can role with a 2 TE Set including him and Hopkins. 

the Las Vegas Raiders and @Logic are on the clock. @Virgil

You good man. I was up made my pick. 

Hopkins actually reminds me a lot of Dustin Keller so it would be interesting to see him in a Jests jersey. 

With the 80th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select Terrell Burgess, S, Utah

We felt good about one starting safety spot, with 2019 1st round pick Johnathan Abram in the fold. We brought in Jeff Heath and Demarious Randall via free agency, but we see them more as depth and special teams pieces. We wanted to find someone with the versatility to flex into the slot and cover some of the elite tight ends in our division, like Travis Kelce and Noah Fant. With this in mind, we were thrilled to see Terrell Burgess still on the board. We feel he can contribute from day one in sub-packages, as well as compete for a long term starting spot next to Abram. This was a "need meets BPA pick" for us. A really good, versatile player at a position of need for us, available at what we felt was an appropriate value. 

With the 81st pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select Troy Dye, LB, Oregon

Our linebacking corps underwent a massive and much needed overhaul this offseason. We added Nick Kwiatkowski at middle linebacker, and he'll be wearing the green dot and quarterbacking our defense. We added Cory Littleton at one outside linebacker spot, and we're excited about what he brings to the table. That left the other outside linebacker spot open for us. Defensive coordinator Paul Guenther highly values coverage ability, speed, and athleticism in his linebackers, and Troy Dye fits the bill perfectly. Once again, this was a "BPA meets need" pick, where the player sticking out on our board as the best available just happened to play a position that was a big need for us.

We were tempted by the quarterbacks -- Gruden LOVES his quarterbacks: "Man, let's just talk about Spider 2 Y Banana for a second!" -- but were ultimately unable to turn down the opportunity to bolster our lackluster pass defense. Having added CJ Henderson, Terrell Burgess, and Troy Dye, we feel we have done just that. 

@Virgil and his Dallas Cowboys are now on the clock.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

The Dallas Cowboys select QB Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma

Jerry Jones:  This selection is not meant to sent a message to Franchise Tagged Dak Prescott, but we can't help if he takes it that way and signs his deal.  We have no depth at QB and Hurts could be used similarly to what Taysum Hill has become in New Orleans.  We had needs at slot receiver and interior line depth, but value wasn't there and a trade back didn't come to fruition.  We like the value Hurts brings us and will find ways to get him on the field.

The Rams @CNYfanare on the clock

32 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Jerry Jones:  This selection is not meant to sent a message to Franchise Tagged Dak Prescott, but we can't help if he takes it that way and signs his deal.  We have no depth at QB and Hurts could be used similarly to what Taysum Hill has become in New Orleans.  We had needs at slot receiver and interior line depth, but value wasn't there and a trade back didn't come to fruition.  We like the value Hurts brings us and will find ways to get him on the field.

I wonder if Hurts is there in the 4th if the Bills pull the trigger.  I think it would come down to Dabol's assessment and I'm interested in what that is.  Would be a dynamic backup qb and I love the value in the 4th for buffalo

46 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Oh man. That would be so tasty. Bring on the controversy! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Oh man. That would be so tasty. Bring on the controversy! 

I wasn’t going to do it until I saw a few mocks that had the Cowboys take him in the third and then I thought....

What a Jerry thing to do

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I wasn’t going to do it until I saw a few mocks that had the Cowboys take him in the third and then I thought....

What a Jerry thing to do

It really is. I’ve seen some people compare Hurts to Prescott so it makes sense from that perspective. It would create so much drama. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, qwksilver said:

For those you that are looking to move up some spots. Pick 88 is up for sale as the Saints only have 4 picks left and we'd like to acquire more. 

Had Logic not taken the guy I was willing to pay big to come back up for we might have been able to make something happen. 

I still have some guys I would be willing to come back into the very end of the 3rd for if the people in that comp pick territory are looking to move back. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Had Logic not taken the guy I was willing to pay big to come back up for we might have been able to make something happen. 

I still have some guys I would be willing to come back into the very end of the 3rd for if the people in that comp pick territory are looking to move back. 

Which guy was it?

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Which guy was it?

Troy Dye. I'd have given up all 3 of my 4th rounders to get back up for him.

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Oops! Sorry folks, had no idea. Let me take a look and I’ll send in my pick. 

It'a alright. Was Virgil's fault ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

With the 83rd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State.

We've got some pieces at linebacker that we're excited about, but we see this kid as a sideline to sideline disrupter who will instantly help us in coverage. We have to have an answer for KC's speed twice a year, and this kid flies. Maybe a little early for him, but we feel that our 3-4 defense will naturally hide some of his weaknesses and bring out some of his strengths. Besides, Vic Fangio knows a thing or two about Linebackers. 

NOW @CNYfan and the LA - "how did you think that logo was a good idea" - Rams are on the clock. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

With the 83rd pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State.

We've got some pieces at linebacker that we're excited about, but we see this kid as a sideline to sideline disrupter who will instantly help us in coverage. We have to have an answer for KC's speed twice a year, and this kid flies. Maybe a little early for him, but we feel that our 3-4 defense will naturally hide some of his weaknesses and bring out some of his strengths. Besides, Vic Fangio knows a thing or two about Linebackers. 

NOW @CNYfan and the LA - "how did you think that logo was a good idea" - Rams are on the clock. 

Ohhhh, nice fit! I like that! Even though I drafted Murray in the first, i was eyeing Davis-Gaither at the bottom of the round. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Ohhhh, nice fit! I like that! Even though I drafted Murray in the first, i was eyeing Davis-Gaither at the bottom of the round. 

Yeah... I really like him. I was wondering if I should risk leaving him for my next pick but I decided I didn't want to risk it. We have some young guys at ILB (Alexander Johnson really showed out well down the stretch) But I like Akeems athleticism. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So with the 84th selection in this TSW Mock draft the LA Rams, they of the hideous new logo, select

Zach Moss, RB, Utah

This was a 9 win team last year and they feel they are within striking distance of the play-offs in 2020.    They have lost some key players including Todd Gurley.   Snead wanted to keep with the defense or OL but felt now was the time to rejuvenate the offense with this player that Snead and McVay felt would be the perfect compliment in a committee and probably the head of that committee.  

The Lions and @frostbitmic are on the clock

@Virgil

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

this is a great pick, esp. in a division with KC.  

37 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

So with the 84th selection in this TSW Mock draft the LA Rams, they of the hideous new logo, select

Zach Moss, RB, Utah

This was a 9 win team last year and they feel they are within striking distance of the play-offs in 2020.    They have lost some key players including Todd Gurley.   Snead wanted to keep with the defense or OL but felt now was the time to rejuvenate the offense with this player that Snead and McVay felt would be the perfect compliment in a committee and probably the head of that committee.  

The Lions and @frostbitmic are on the clock

@Virgil

That’s a good pick for them. I like him and Henderson as a 1-2.

Just now, RyanC883 said:

this is a great pick, esp. in a division with KC.  

Sweet! I was definitely second guessing myself, so I’m happy to see it get good grades!

• Thank you (+1) 1