TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

With the 93rd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the NY Jets select athletic freak Malik Harrison, LB Ohio State. 

The Packers and @RyanC883 are on the clock. 

@Virgil

That is a downright ***** steal. The steel of the draft. I am glad you are not the Jets real GM @MAJBobby because other than Okwara who I am a fair bit lower on I think you have smashed this draft out of the park.

Willis, Hamler, Pittman, Harrison start "off the bus" as Deadly Doug would say and Hopkins is a nice fallback option if Herndon can't straighten himself out and stay healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

That is a downright ***** steal. The steel of the draft. I am glad you are not the Jets real GM @MAJBobby because other than Okwara who I am a fair bit lower on I think you have smashed this draft out of the park.

Willis, Hamler, Pittman, Harrison start "off the bus" as Deadly Doug would say and Hopkins is a nice fallback option if Herndon can't straighten himself out and stay healthy.

appreciate it. I was trying to work a trade to get in front of the Bills pick because I didn’t think he would keep falling to me here. But was glad he did. 

To be honest I don’t really like any of the edges outside of the top guys they all scream BUs or rotational at best. But went strictly athletic profile with hopes Greg Williams is the guy that can have him reach his potential. 

I wanted to get Greg elite Athletic profiles and let him work his magic with them. Jets fans I think would be super happy with this draft if it was the real thing. And still have picks and adequate Safeties on board to get a starter there next round if we went a 4th round. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

appreciate it. I was trying to work a trade to get in front of the Bills pick because I didn’t think he would keep falling to me here. But was glad he did. 

To be honest I don’t really like any of the edges outside of the top guys they all scream BUs or rotational at best. But went strictly athletic profile with hopes Greg Williams is the guy that can have him reach his potential. 

I wanted to get Greg elite Athletic profiles and let him work his magic with them. Jets fans I think would be super happy with this draft if it was the real thing. And still have picks and adequate Safeties on board to get a starter there next round if we went a 4th round. 

Agree on the edges. But give me smart players over people who are athletes playing football every time.... Okwara strikes me as someone who doesn't really know what he is doing and gets by in college on being a better athlete. He won't, I don't think, have that luxury in the NFL. Gregg probably is as good a fit for him as he could have scheme wise though - that is true.

But yep. This would be a good draft for the Jets. 

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I almost took Harrison but I was afraid I would lose Trautman and went through the whole draft without any offense yet. Backed myself into a corner a bit. Great pick and I agree I like how Harrison fits into that defense and as Gunner said, super happy that you are not the actual Jets GM. Unless you are Joe Douglas on a burner account??????

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

@Virgilim super busy today so if I don't make my pick by exactly by the limit just pick it for me bud

I'm gonna try tho. Hoping it was gonna be me last night

If you send your desired pick (or two or three) to virg, hokie, and myself we’ll do our best to make sure you get who you want. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This Mock ends for the NY Jets with:

Jedrick Wills, LT – Protection for Sam

KJ Hamler, WR – Weapon for Sam

Julian Okwara, Edge – Athletic EDGE for Greg Williams

Michael Pittman, WR – Weapon for Sam

Brycen Hopkins, TE – Weapon for Sam

Malik Harrison, LB – Athletic LBer for Gregg Williams.

Also, the Jets still have picks to address remaining needs of (IOL, CB, S, LB, RB, IDL, QB)

4th – 120 (Position Group TGTed: S, CB, IDL)

5th – 153 (from Mia), 158, 174 (from Tenn) (Position Group TGTed: S, CB, IDL, IOL)

6th – 191, 211(Position Groups TGTed: any not filled in prior two rounds, QB, K)

We also picked up an additional 2021 2nd.

Moved on from disgruntled Jamal Adams

How they Fit:

Jedrick Wills – Comes in and is the Day 1 Starter at LT, moving Fant into the Swing Tackle role, or competing with Edoga for RT.  There will be a transition over to the Left after only playing RT his career, but his feet and mirror ability have the Jets feeling comfortable with that transition, also he plays Nasty, if he cannot make the transition he will become a Stud RT so not worried here and we feel we are getting a 15 year Tackle with this pick.  Add into it his Run Blocking ability and I also greatly help Bell to try and return to form.

KJ Hamler – Some see him as a 1st round talent but because of the depth of WR in this draft we were able to sit and take him here.  He is a demon in the open field and will compete with Crowder and Berrios in camp to lock down the slot spot.  His short area quickness and route running ability with the skills in the open field are ideal for the Gase offense.  I think this pick will help Sam more than any other WR I could have initially got because of the offense Gase employs.  Crowder led all WRs in targets last year at 122.  Hamler upgrades that high volume position. 

Julian Okwara – His athletic profile and potential as a Stand-up OLB in Greg Williams 3-4 was the reason for this pick.  I have him graded in the 60s so this was about the area for him.  (tried to work a slid down to pick up more picks and take him a bit later but couldn’t find a taker.  Has a Motor question but I think paring him with Greg Williams will fix that.  This pick is a boom or bust, if Greg can tap into that potential, we have a stud here, if he cannot we have a Situational Pass Rusher like what Lorax was for the Bills.

Michael Pittman – Will come in and Compete with Perriman and Enunwa on the outside.  Like most USC WRs, he comes into the NFL with top end route running ability and blocking ability on the outside.  He would not only help Sam but will help Bell in the run game as well.  His hands are great as well, he just doesn’t have the top end acceleration and will use his route running to create separation, would be a Perfect No 2 Possession WR in the NFL.

Brycen Hopkins – Smooth Route running with an advanced route tree.  More of the flex TE than the inline blocking TE at this point of his skills but can learn.  Has the football pedigree as his dad Brad played in the NFL as an OL for 13 years.  Gives the Jets a Ravens like ability to use 2 TEs and have threats from both TEs paring with Herndon IV.  Also gives us protection against Herndon and his Off-field issues and Injuries. 

Malik Harrison – He is an athlete to put in the LBer Corp.  Initially we will look at him taking Blake Chashman position next to Mosley.  He will be an absolute thumber at that LBer spot.  However, will also try him outside to see if he has the ability in coverage to supplant Harvey Langi. Either way he will be in our starting lineup and Greg has the athletic profile of a LBer he can have fun with, not to mention his blitzing ability that I am sure Williams will love in his blitz schemes.

All and All the Jets are very happy with how the draft fell for them to this point.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also, the Jets still have picks to address remaining needs of (IOL, CB, S, LB, RB, IDL, QB)

4th – 120

5th – 153 (from Mia), 158, 174 (from Tenn)

6th – 191, 211

How they Fit:

Jedrick Wills – Comes in and is the Day 1 Starter at LT, moving Fant into the Swing Tackle role, or competing with Edoga for RT.  There will be a transition over to the Left after only playing RT his career, but his feet and mirror ability have the Jets feeling comfortable with that transition, also he plays Nasty, if he cannot make the transition he will become a Stud RT so not worried here and we feel we are getting a 15 year Tackle with this pick.  Add into it his Run Blocking ability and I also greatly help Bell to try and return to form.

KJ Hamler – Some see him as a 1st round talent but because of the depth of WR in this draft we were able to sit and take him here.  He is a demon in the open field and will compete with Crowder and Berrios in camp to lock down the slot spot.  His short area quickness and route running ability with the skills in the open field are ideal for the Gase offense.  I think this pick will help Sam more than any other WR I could have initially got because of the offense Gase employs.  Crowder led all WRs in targets last year at 122.  Hamler upgrades that high volume position. 

Julian Okwara – His athletic profile and potential as a Stand-up OLB in Greg Williams 3-4 was the reason for this pick.  I have him graded in the 60s so this was about the area for him.  (tried to work a slid down to pick up more picks and take him a bit later but couldn’t find a taker.  Has a Motor question but I think paring him with Greg Williams will fix that.  This pick is a boom or bust, if Greg can tap into that potential, we have a stud here, if he cannot we have a Situational Pass Rusher like what Lorax was for the Bills.

Michael Pittman – Will come in and Compete with Perriman and Enunwa on the outside.  Like most USC WRs, he comes into the NFL with top end route running ability and blocking ability on the outside.  He would not only help Sam but will help Bell in the run game as well.  His hands are great as well, he just doesn’t have the top end acceleration and will use his route running to create separation, would be a Perfect No 2 Possession WR in the NFL.

Brycen Hopkins – Smooth Route running with an advanced route tree.  More of the flex TE than the inline blocking TE at this point of his skills but can learn.  Has the football pedigree as his dad Brad played in the NFL as an OL for 13 years.  Gives the Jets a Ravens like ability to use 2 TEs and have threats from both TEs paring with Herndon IV.  Also gives us protection against Herndon and his Off-field issues and Injuries. 

Malik Harrison – He is an athlete to put in the LBer Corp.  Initially we will look at him taking Blake Chashman position next to Mosley.  He will be an absolute thumber at that LBer spot.  However, will also try him outside to see if he has the ability in coverage to supplant Harvey Langi. Either way he will be in our starting lineup and Greg has the athletic profile of a LBer he can have fun with, not to mention his blitzing ability that I am sure Williams will love in his blitz schemes.

All and All the Jets are very happy with how the draft fell for them to this point.

But which one will you cut before the season starts? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

***Trade alert***

The Browns trade picks 97 & 151 (141.8 points) for picks 94 & 192 (137.4 points) from Green Bay. (I assume this trade is ok with you Virgil.  Please let me know if it’s not for some reason.)

With the 94th pick in the draft the Browns chose Willie Gay, LB Mississippi State. 

Browns make a small move up to fill a big need after two of their targets - Harrison and Trautman - are chosen. 

30 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

4th – 120 (Position Group TGTed: S, CB, IDL)

5th – 153 (from Mia), 158, 174 (from Tenn) (Position Group TGTed: S, CB, IDL, IOL)

6th – 191, 211(Position Groups TGTed: any not filled in prior two rounds, QB, K)

How they Fit:

hopefully we have a 4th round!!!  Let's get round 3 done today everyone !!

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

***Trade alert***

The Browns trade picks 97 & 151 (141.8 points) for picks 94 & 192 (137.4 points) from Green Bay. (I assume this trade is ok with you Virgil.  Please let me know if it’s not for some reason.)

With the 94th pick in the draft the Browns chose Willie Gay, LB Mississippi State. 

Browns make a small move up to fill a big need after two of their targets - Harrison and Trautman - are chosen. 

this puts @Logic and the Raiders on the clock.  @Virgil, FYI  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

How do you compare the Appalachian State LB with Malik Harrison?   I was looking at Harrison for the pick after the Appy State fellow but went RB.

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

How do you compare the Appalachian State LB with Malik Harrison?   I was looking at Harrison for the pick after the Appy State fellow but went RB.

Actually Akem Davis-Gaither is graded as the next best LBer to Malik.  I have him as my 5th best LBer with Malik being my 4th best LBer.  The issue I have with Gaither is where do I play him.  He is way undersized (looks like a Big Nickle to me more than anything).  So I would put him at a WLB spot or that Big Nickle Spot.  (I would venture to guess someone will try him at SS as well).  So he is a different LBer than Malik, however if he could add 20 LBs with limited loss in his athletic ability you have a chance for an ultra athletic MIKE in the future, just depends on how he can carry that weight.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CNYfan said:

I know this question isn't for me, but Harrison is more of a dowhill thumper who struggles a bit in coverage. Kind of a sam/mike type player. And he is a lot bigger than Davis-Gaither. I think both are going to be very good depending on what defense they play in, but I like Harrison more. Gaither is basically a strong safety playing linebacker, but he has very good instincts and interesting upside as a three down guy. 

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Actually Akem Davis-Gaither is graded as the next best LBer to Malik.  I have him as my 5th best LBer with Malik being my 4th best LBer.  The issue I have with Gaither is where do I play him.  He is way undersized (looks like a Big Nickle to me more than anything).  So I would put him at a WLB spot or that Big Nickle Spot.  (I would venture to guess someone will try him at SS as well).  So he is a different LBer than Malik, however if he could add 20 LBs with limited loss in his athletic ability you have a chance for an ultra athletic MIKE in the future, just depends on how he can carry that weight.

I have Gaither a fair bit lower. I agree with you he is a Will, or possibly a hybrid guy. I think he will go earlier than I have him but he is #114 on my big board. 4th rounder for me. In the Bills scheme he is the role Milano plays (or certainly played in 2018).

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have Gaither a fair bit lower. I agree with you he is a Will, or possibly a hybrid guy. I think he will go earlier than I have him but he is #114 on my big board. 4th rounder for me. In the Bills scheme he is the role Milano plays (or certainly played in 2018).

I have him 91st overall which would put him in the late rd.  So not much higher than you have him.  but even at 91st he would still be my 5th best LBer, but seems we pretty much do agree with him in terms of his attributes and position.  I think the reason I have him a bit higher than you is I do think by looking at his frame in an NFL weight program he can put that 20LBs on and not hamper his athletic ability, which will put him in the potential future MIKE ability by maybe year 2 after a full NFL nutrition and weight program

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He's my LB7 and 87th overall. Right now I've got him going to the Broncos at pick 83.

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 95th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select Robert Hunt, OG, Louisiana

We felt like we needed to get younger along the interior of our offensive line. Richie Incognito is 36 years old, so we absolutely need to plan for the future. With that in mind, Hunt was a no-brainer. At 6foot5, 335 lbs, Hunt is a massive human being. He is strong and powerful and has violent hands, and absolutely demolishes the man lined up across from him at times. We also feel that he may able to play right tackle if needed. He'll compete with Incognito and Gabe Jackson to start immediately, but we feel like, at worst, he'll be a starter on by year two and a fixture on our o-line for years to come.

The Raiders came into the draft wanting to upgrade our pass defense in order to be able to contend with division rival Kansas City. We also wanted to give Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota better weaponry and protection. Despite not having a second round pick, we feel like we succeeded on both counts. We were also able to trick coach Gruden into logging into a zoom channel during the draft that no one else was on, so his desperate cries for us to draft Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm fell on deaf ears.

The Raiders, through round 3, have added:

WR - Ceedee Lamb
CB - C.J. Henderson
S/Nickel - Terrell Burgess
LB - Troy Dye
OG - Robert Hunt
Extra 5th round pick

We feel that Lamb will be our number 1 receiver right off the bus. Our passing offense will run through him. Henderson will be our CB1 and adds athleticism and playmaking ability to our defense. Troy Dye will likely start in year one, while Burgess will see time in sub-packages and on special teams and will compete to start. Both men will help our pass defense and both offer the potential to match up against the Travis Kelces and Noah Fants of the world. Lastly, Robert Hunt also will compete to start in year one, but will, at the very least, provide excellent depth and a future at the OG position. We are also excited about adding an extra 5th round pick. Overall, we have a 4th and two 5th round picks left and will likely target a WR and a running back to pair with Josh Jacobs.

@Buffalo716 and the Kansas City Chiefs are now on the clock.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

At first glance of KC's needs and the available players I think it's one of:

Troy Pride Jr, CB, Notre Dame

Jordan Elliott, IDL, Missouri 

Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming 

Darrynton Evans, RB, App State

I like all of those players for them, to an extent, but feel Darryton Evans' skill set might be a little redundant with Darwin Thompson's. They could sure use cornerback help.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

At first glance of KC's needs and the available players I think it's one of:

Troy Pride Jr, CB, Notre Dame

Jordan Elliott, IDL, Missouri 

Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming 

Darrynton Evans, RB, App State

I could see a tight end here too, Albert O or Harrison Bryant perhaps. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Not a fan of Kelce and Seals-Jones?

I've already admitted in the other thread that I'm struggling to place any TEs before rd4 ? 

I like that Kelce guy, but another hyphen guy? Nah. Harrison Bryant to me just looks like the kind of guy Andy Reid finds and makes use of. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Not a fan of Kelce and Seals-Jones?

I've already admitted in the other thread that I'm struggling to place any TEs before rd4 ? 

I was reading Bob McGinn’s annual “what the scouts are saying” article, which is pure gold. If you haven’t read it, seek it out.

When McGinn asked one high ranking personnel man about the TE class this year, his simple response was “it’s the *****” (rhymes with hits). That pretty much sums it up. ?

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I was reading Bob McGinn’s annual “what the scouts are saying” article, which is pure gold. If you haven’t read it, seek it out.

When McGinn asked one high ranking personnel man about the TE class this year, his simple response was “it’s the *****” (rhymes with hits). That pretty much sums it up. ?

I love Kmet. But it's projection. I'd take him in the 2nd if he's there. I think Trautman is super interesting, and I'd take him in the 3rd. I also like Dalton Keene and Josiah Deguara later in the draft as H back/FB/TE hybrids. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I love Kmet. But it's projection. I'd take him in the 2nd if he's there. I think Trautman is super interesting, and I'd take him in the 3rd. I also like Dalton Keene and Josiah Deguara later in the draft as H back/FB/TE hybrids. 

Those are exactly the 2 I have going in the first 3 rounds. Best remaining players on my board to start round 4 are Hunter Bryant, Brycen Hopkins, Harrison Bryant, and Albert O in spots 1-4.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I see some guys that will contribute and have long NFL careers, but no difference makers. Along those lines, I feel Harrison Bryant can be a positive contributor for a long time. Won’t blow the roof off the joint, but he can do some good things for you.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

I see some guys that will contribute and have long NFL careers, but no difference makers. Along those lines, I feel Harrison Bryant can be a positive contributor for a long time. Won’t blow the roof off the joint, but he can do some good things for you.

The guy that really belongs is Kmet. He's a blue chip type player. He just came out too early, just turned 21, so he needs time. If he stayed at Notre Dame he would be a top 20 pick next year imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

I guess I can summarize the Bengals picks. We acquired pick 73 for Andy Dalton, giving us 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.

1. Joe Burrow. This was fairly obvious. He's the #2 player on my board at the #1 position in football. He's coming into a decent situation with a host of experienced veteran targets to throw to.

33. Austin Jackson. He's a bit of a work in progress, but he's very young (20) and has flashed tremendous upside. In the departure of Cordy Glenn, we wanted to shore up the protection for Burrow to have success. We strongly considered Tee Higgins here to learn under AJ Green, but with Green, Boyd, Ross, and Tate still around this year we were looking for a player to contribute more than just a rotational WR.

65. Jeremy Chinn. Provides positional flexibility at 2 positions we are looking to upgrade in Safety and coverage LB. We will see how he takes to the roles and let him find his place naturally, but we are confident that our defense is better with him on it.

73. Cameron Dantzler. Cam bolsters our secondary along with Chinn. He's 6'2" and has shown excellent zone coverage skills. He was less successful in press man and diverting WRs from their intended routes, but we believe that is primarily due to his slender frame. Given some time in an NFL regimen, we believe he can add functional strength and grow to be a game changer on the back end for our Defense.

Remaining needs: TE, IOL, LB, WR depth, DL depth.

Remaining picks: 107, 147, 180, and 215.

The way the draft is shaking out I'd probably be monitoring Hunter Bryant, Jordan Elloitt, Logan Wilson, and Jonah Jackson for pick 107.

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 96th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Chiefs select Troy Pride Jr, CB, Notre Dame. 

The Chiefs are very thin at CB coming into the draft and are happy to find Troy available and near the top of their board here near the end of round 3.

@RyanC883 and the Packers are on the clock until 2:54pm

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1