TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - 4 Rounds - Complete!!!

Virgil

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Okay boys. 12 hours, 12 picks. 

@Just Joshin' is up with the Steelers until 9am.

@RyanC883

@aristocrat

@Buffalo716

@section122

@aristocrat

@Kirby Jackson

@GunnerBill

@NewEra

@atlbillsfan1975

@wppete x2 to close it out.

If you're done and you know it, please let me know here so I can make a pick for you without delay. Thanks everyone for your participation! 

Im here but have no idea about any of these players lol

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, section122 said:

Im here but have no idea about any of these players lol

A lot of tight ends left for the Pats. Pickney, Keene, Parkinson, Deguara or maybe one of the corners, Scott or the kid from Iowa, Jackson or Green. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

A lot of tight ends left for the Pats. Pickney, Keene, Parkinson, Deguara or maybe one of the corners, Scott or the kid from Iowa, Jackson or Green. 

Yeah, I think I'd have them pegged for Parkinson or Scott.

also, @MrEpsYtown, if 716 doesn't show I'm looking at Perine at RB, Gipson at EDGE, or Davion Taylor at LB. Opinion? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Yeah, I think I'd have them pegged for Parkinson or Scott.

also, @MrEpsYtown, if 716 doesn't show I'm looking at Perine at RB, Gipson at EDGE, or Davion Taylor at LB. Opinion? 

I'm thinking Taylor or even Scott the corner. They have a ton of depth at edge and just signed Deandre Washington formerly of the Raiders as a depth RB. But Scott could start at the nickel spot right away. 

Wanted to come away from this draft with more lbs and dbs but am going back to the trenches.

The New England Patriots select Jonah Jackson G/C OSU.  

Patriots line has a lot of question marks and after Andrews missing last season we are not ready to put all of our eggs in his basket.  Jackson also offers insurance in case a long term deal can't be struck with Thuney.

@aristocrat and the Jags are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't see them going back to back CB, so with the 138th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Chiefs select Davion Taylor, LB, Colorado.

@section122 and the pats are on with the pick they got for Gronk.

Can I just repeat at this point for the sake of clarity this is not a trade I would have made. But even I need to nap during draft week and that prat Jason Licht took the wheel again.

1 minute ago, section122 said:

Wanted to come away from this draft with more lbs and dbs but am going back to the trenches.

The New England Patriots select Jonah Jackson G/C OSU.  

Patriots line has a lot of question marks and after Andrews missing last season we are not ready to put all of our eggs in his basket.  Jackson also offers insurance in case a long term deal can't be struck with Thuney.

@aristocrat and the Jags are on the clock.

That is a Patriot pick if ever I saw one. Nice job.

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 142nd pick in the 2020 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

Darryl Williams, Center, Mississippi State

This just came down to best player available. Darryl Williams is #51 on my big board and I just think he is going to be a really nice pro. He can compete to start at right guard initially but I can get out of the deal that idiot Licht gave to Ryan Jensen last offseason without any dead money after 2020 and having Williams in the system and ready to slide into the center spot would be ideal.

I finish the draft with:

Xavier McKinney - Safety

Jonathan Taylor - Running Back

Jonathan Greenard - Edge

Lucas Niang - Right Tackle

Darnay Holmes - Corner

Darryl Williams - Center

I think every single one of them has a chance to start for me in 2020.

The Atlanta Falcons and @NewEra are now on the clock.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Interesting! I was going to go TE there if we didn't hear from you. 

was thinking about TE and CB, but figured OL needs more help.  The guy they drafted last year at TE has ability, but got injured.  

What TE were you thinking?  

Here is my final write up for the Patriot's draft:

1st round: Aj Epenesa Edge

In real life I expect the Patriots to move down to either recoup their 2nd or gain an additional 1st next year to make moves for Fields/Lawrence.  I went Epenesa here because of BB's relationship with Kirk Ferentz.  It gives BB some inside info on Epenesa.  Even without that info he is versatile, can pressure the qb, forces fumbles, and is good against the run.  All around a pretty good Patriot's prospect.

3rd round: Jake Fromm QB

Fromm is a better version of Stidham.  Another guy who BB loves is Kirby Smart and he had this to say: “I think Kirby’s program is excellent to prepare guys for the National Football League.”  Every time I hear the knocks on Fromm I think man those are the same things they said about Brady.  I won't proclaim him as Brady (obviously) but here are some snippets from scouting reports: A lot of reps are won in the presnap, understanding where he's got leverage and knowing where targets are going to be. Spot throws in the quick timing game are pretty on point, Works through the full field of play and maximizes his targets effectively. Trusts his backside reads and typically knows what he's going to get when he works to the end of progressions, quickly and efficiently moving from one option to the next, and He's sharp in the red zone and does do well to read and key zone defenders to ID and anticipate where to throw.

Now he could turn out to be Nate Peterman but he does seem like an ideal Patriots QB.

3rd round: Matt Peart OT

BB spent a lot of time up close and personal watching him at the senior bowl and tackle is a need for the Patriots.  Peart also played for Randy Edsall another coach with a great relationship to BB.

3rd Round: Logan Wilson, LB

Played at Wyoming so BB is getting intel on Josh Allen here.  Nah I'm joking but Wilson is a 4 year starter, has the size the Patriots require from their lbs, and can play the run and pass (10 career ints).  He was also a 3 year captain.  HIlariously every scouting report has him listed as having a high motor :lol:

4th round: Devin Duvernay WR

@BuffaloHokie13 made this pick for me (thanks again!) and it was a good one.  Another team captain and a productive slot wr which is the Patriots bread and butter.  Edelman is getting very long in the tooth and drafting Duvernay now gives him a chance to learn from one of the best.

4th round: Jonah Jackson OC/G

Insurance for David Andrews or Joe Thuney depending on what happens during the rest of this offseason.  Another school BB is familiar with due to his relationship with Urban Meyer.  Although Meyer wasn't there this year I am sure he has some insight on Jackson for BB.

All in all a pretty good draft here.  Like I said I think they will trade down from their 1st pick and possibly will focus on the secondary more than I have here but I think need and value matched up pretty well here while choosing players that BB would have more intimate knowledge of.  With lack of visits causing problems this year, this is the route I would go as a GM.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

was thinking about TE and CB, but figured OL needs more help.  The guy they drafted last year at TE has ability, but got injured.  

What TE were you thinking?  

Parkinson. 6'7" with good hands and ability in the slot and even out of the backfield. 

• Like (+1) 1

Javon Kinlaw

Jeff Gladney 

Antoine Winfield

KeShawn Vaughn 

Joshua Kelly

Gabriel Davis UCF and

Isaiah Hodgins

plus andy dalton. dalton has lots of rbs and wr's to go with this year.  plus a great dt and players for the secondary. if we trade yannick we can add a stud as well

• Like (+1) 1

The Falcons select Isaiah Hodgins- WR, Oregon St.

While not a huge need, we feel he was the BPA.  He can replace Sanu and hopefully fill out into a solid starter for years to come.  Jones on one side, Hodgins on the other with Ridley in the slot. Not many teams have the size in the secondary to combat them 

• Like (+1) 1

Packers end up with: 

Round 1: Mims, WR, Baylor:  Gives the Packers a fast, electric play-maker to pair with Funchess and Adams.  Will greatly help the Pack put more pressure on a defense.  

Round 2: Jordyn Brooks, LB, Texas Tech:  The Packers need help on the run D.  I'd go DL, but this was too good to pass up, esp. with them having a gaping hole at LB with Martinez's departure.  

Round 3: Ben Bartch, OT, St. Johns.  The Pack lost Begula, need a replacement.  Rodgers is getting older, and Pack must protect him.  

Round 4:  Wanted Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota.  Who I believe would be an instant impact WR working with Rodgers due to his outstanding route running.  But he was taken.  Most of the CB's I wanted were taken.   Looked at DL, but figured those guys would be around next round as well (liked about 3 of them).  None of the remaining TEs' looked to have an instant impact ability, and I think Sternberger, who was injured last year, could contribute this year.   Went back to improving the OL, and was happy to see that Jake Driscoll, OT, Auburn is available.  Took him.  Think he can be a great starter for a long time.  

8 minutes ago, section122 said:

Here is my final write up for the Patriot's draft:

1st round: Aj Epenesa Edge

In real life I expect the Patriots to move down to either recoup their 2nd or gain an additional 1st next year to make moves for Fields/Lawrence.  I went Epenesa here because of BB's relationship with Kirk Ferentz.  It gives BB some inside info on Epenesa.  Even without that info he is versatile, can pressure the qb, forces fumbles, and is good against the run.  All around a pretty good Patriot's prospect.

3rd round: Jake Fromm QB

Fromm is a better version of Stidham.  Another guy who BB loves is Kirby Smart and he had this to say: “I think Kirby’s program is excellent to prepare guys for the National Football League.”  Every time I hear the knocks on Fromm I think man those are the same things they said about Brady.  I won't proclaim him as Brady (obviously) but here are some snippets from scouting reports: A lot of reps are won in the presnap, understanding where he's got leverage and knowing where targets are going to be. Spot throws in the quick timing game are pretty on point, Works through the full field of play and maximizes his targets effectively. Trusts his backside reads and typically knows what he's going to get when he works to the end of progressions, quickly and efficiently moving from one option to the next, and He's sharp in the red zone and does do well to read and key zone defenders to ID and anticipate where to throw.

Now he could turn out to be Nate Peterman but he does seem like an ideal Patriots QB.

3rd round: Matt Peart OT

BB spent a lot of time up close and personal watching him at the senior bowl and tackle is a need for the Patriots.  Peart also played for Randy Edsall another coach with a great relationship to BB.

3rd Round: Logan Wilson, LB

Played at Wyoming so BB is getting intel on Josh Allen here.  Nah I'm joking but Wilson is a 4 year starter, has the size the Patriots require from their lbs, and can play the run and pass (10 career ints).  He was also a 3 year captain.  HIlariously every scouting report has him listed as having a high motor :lol:

4th round: Devin Duvernay WR

@BuffaloHokie13 made this pick for me (thanks again!) and it was a good one.  Another team captain and a productive slot wr which is the Patriots bread and butter.  Edelman is getting very long in the tooth and drafting Duvernay now gives him a chance to learn from one of the best.

4th round: Jonah Jackson OC/G

Insurance for David Andrews or Joe Thuney depending on what happens during the rest of this offseason.  Another school BB is familiar with due to his relationship with Urban Meyer.  Although Meyer wasn't there this year I am sure he has some insight on Jackson for BB.

All in all a pretty good draft here.  Like I said I think they will trade down from their 1st pick and possibly will focus on the secondary more than I have here but I think need and value matched up pretty well here while choosing players that BB would have more intimate knowledge of.  With lack of visits causing problems this year, this is the route I would go as a GM.

as a Bills fan, I hate this draft.  It's good.  I think Fromm will be good, esp. in NE.  

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Can I just repeat at this point for the sake of clarity this is not a trade I would have made. But even I need to nap during draft week and that prat Jason Licht took the wheel again.

That is a Patriot pick if ever I saw one. Nice job.

I think the Patriots just got a 4th for free.  That said a 4th rounder is a steal if it works out.  At Gronk's age a year off might be wonderful and rejuvenating but I don't think he maintained "football shape" at all.  He lost weight as many players do and I have to wonder what that will do to him when he puts it back on.  I also think Brady is washed.  His weapons could not be better and I think he will be on fire for the first 5-10 games and then his arm will get tired and we will see the drop off a cliff.

I love Bruce Arians as a coach but I don't think Brady will still be Brady and therefore I don't see the Bucs being serious SB contenders.  Saints are still good and the Falcons are a wildcard so even winning the division will be tough.  These so called dream teams never seem to work out but I don't blame the Bucs for swinging for the fences.

Just now, NewEra said:

The Falcons select Isaiah Hodgins- WR, Oregon St.

While not a huge need, we feel he was the BPA.  He can replace Sanu and hopefully fill out into a solid starter for years to come.  Jones on one side, Hodgins on the other with Ridley in the slot. Not many teams have the size in the secondary to combat them 

Just selected by the jags. Sorry! 

Pinkney is probably BPA, or Collin Johnson at WR, Brandon Jones at S as well

13 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

With the 144th pick in the 2020 NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa.

We add another player to our defense. We need to get back to the legion of boom, we hope Michael can help.

@wppete and the Eagles are in the clock!

Like the scheme fit and the value. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great job everyone.  Only a few more picks had to be made on behalf of owners but @BuffaloHokie13crushed it.  This whole round is thanks to him.  He showed me why I should never lose faith in the TSW community.

It also helped being able to work from home the past two days. 

Thank you all again

• Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Great job everyone.  Only a few more picks had to be made on behalf of owners but @BuffaloHokie13crushed it.  This whole round is thanks to him.  He showed me why I should never lose faith in the TSW community.

It also helped being able to work from home the past two days. 

Thank you all again

Really, thanks to @Virgil and @BuffaloHokie13  and @whatdrought  This is a fantastic pre-draft event for the TBD community.    Also helps us learn more about prospects and other teams.  I love it.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1