Mock Draft Thread

GG

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Well said.  

I realize that we have to restock as we can’t pay everyone and the WRs won’t be around forever, I just hope that the first player we select this year will play this season and can help us win games this season.  

I just don’t like to hear “we should draft this guy because, in two years, we’ll need to replace so and so.”   Replacing someone in two years can play a part in drafting someone, but I’d hope that we would also draft a player that we can reap some benefits this year.  

A replacement down the road is nice , but not immediately necessary. When one of our top 3 WR’s gets hurt, I don’t want to have to put the equivalent of a street free agent on the field during a run to a bye in the playoffs (and the subsequent rings!). I see both sides of this.

Who plays when one guy is hurt? THEN, who plays in a couple years on a cheap deal? DEEP WR draft, don’t waste it if opportunity presents itself. Don’t force it, but the nature of a deep positional draft means there should be opportunities. 

I just can’t wait for it to happen! 

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Isn't Gladney like 6,000 years old?

I think you’re confusing him with Gore’s dad. I went to high school with him.   

Edited by Augie

This thread is giving me cancer. We have 0 glaring holes and are better set up to draft for talent over need than we've ever been. Yet most of you guys still argue over which positions we "need" to draft earlier than others and which positions you want us to draft in certain rounds, regardless of which players are actually available when we pick.

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think that would be a bad draft. All the first 5 are pretty much value where he has them going. 

Actually I think maybe a little early for Taylor but not a massive reach. 

Are you still of the mind that Beane isn't going to trade up in the second?

If you want to help the “win now cause” we really need one of the top RBs. I just don’t see Yeldon as a 2nd runner.  

pick 54 depends on what’s there but I would take the clear cut BPA from RB/WR/CB/Edge.     If I don’t get a RB at 2, then I grab one in the 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 1

Only way I’m drafting a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round is if one is rated way higher than anyone else on my board.  And there’s no way I’m trading up for one.  It’s almost the opposite of drafting a QB where you have to draft a QB a round early.  With RB you draft them a round later because their best years are already done after their first contract.  Wouldn’t surprise me if one of Taylor or Dobbins is available at 54 and possibly even Akers at 86.  And even if they’re available, it might be better to grab one in 4th or 5th round instead. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Only way I’m drafting a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round is if one is rated way higher than anyone else on my board.  And there’s no way I’m trading up for one.  It’s almost the opposite of drafting a QB where you have to draft a QB a round early.  With RB you draft them a round later because their best years are already done after their first contract.  Wouldn’t surprise me if one of Taylor or Dobbins is available at 54 and possibly even Akers at 86.  And even if they’re available, it might be better to grab one in 4th or 5th round instead. 

If Taylor or Dobbins are there at 54 you run to the Zoom screen....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Biggest issue, IMO, is no WR in the deepest WR class in so very, very long. We can argue all day where that WR should be Drafted, and I don't think taking one in 7th Round really qualifies (sorry Stevie Johnson), but not taking one AT ALL, is mind-boggling to me. 

I can see your point and I do expect the Bills to take one somewhere.  But there should still be WRs available as UDFAs who would have been very draftable players in most years.  So even if it shakes out where we don’t draft one there’s still some hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, GG said:

I'm not quite ready to go all @BillfromNYC on this, but I see DE as a bigger need than CB with the first pick.

Dunno man.  I see them both as big - and pretty close to equivalent - needs this year.  It’s not a great year for DEs in the draft either so I can see better value sitting there at CB for us.  I’d certainly be okay with either position at 54 as both need some young talent added. 

• Like (+1) 1