Mock Draft Thread

GG

Why I believe the Bills will trade up in the second:

• Lower round draft picks have a lower value for the Bills than they do for other teams. It's not unlikely that none of our draft picks will start in week one, whereas many other teams have starting position needs. (Last season, our first three picks started week one.) This swings the value of a later round pick towards trade capital for the Bills.
  • I suspect that the limited scouting protocols have likely resulted in fewer players that Beane/McD are exceptionally high on. Likely, there are many more question marks on their board than normal. So, by the second round, the number of players they have as a high priority will be significantly diminished.
  • As other teams have the same scouting issues, it perhaps becomes more likely that a player that Beane sees as a first round talent falls to the second round.
  • Beane has a consistent record of trading up in the draft.

I would like to hear other thoughts on this.

Edited by Rocky Landing

On 4/13/2020 at 2:45 PM, John from Riverside said:

Starting to lean RB in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd.....

I would be content with a combo of RB's Cam Akers/Jonathan Taylor, Anthony McFarland & WR's Michael Pittman Jr./Chase Claypool/K.J. Hamler/Jalen Reagor. They are different shapes and sizes, I know. But I would happy with these guys. How's that for covering my bases ?But if a GOOD quality edge rusher is not available, let's score some points !

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Why I believe the Bills will trade up in the second:

• Lower round draft picks have a lower value for the Bills than they do for other teams. It's not unlikely that none of our draft picks will start in week one, whereas many other teams have starting position needs. (Last season, our first three picks started week one.) This swings the value of a later round pick towards trade capital for the Bills.
  • I suspect that the limited scouting protocols have likely resulted in fewer players that Beane/McD are exceptionally high on. Likely, there are many more question marks on there board than normal. So, by the second round, the number of players they have as a high priority will be significantly diminished.
  • As other teams have the same scouting issues, it perhaps becomes more likely that a player that Beane sees as a first round talent falls to the second round.
  • Beane has a consistent record of trading up in the draft.

I would like to hear other thoughts on this.

I think they would rather get 3 players in the top 120 or so. Their 5th, two 6ths and their 7th are move about capital but not sure I see them getting the Bills up far in the 2nd. More likely in the 3rd and 4th. 

On 4/13/2020 at 1:29 PM, GunnerBill said:

So do I. But Gladney is decent value at that spot. Would, as always, depend who else was on the board. 

My bigger concern with Gladney is I am not really sure he is ideally suited to McDermott's scheme. He is more a press man type than a zone corner.

The two CBS that I love as fits for us are Dantzler and Ojemudia. 

I want 6'0" 249LB 4.53 second forty AJ Dillon...

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/aj-dillon?id=32194449-4c23-7740-624c-afbd67329c54

Built like a minibus but possessing enough vision and finesse to avoid being pigeon-holed as just a pure power back. Dillon is capable of handling heavy workloads and wearing down defenses, but there is a concern from evaluators that it's taken a physical toll on him. He's a disciplined runner who trusts his blocking scheme and follows his rush track. He's a good one-cut runner with below-average wiggle but natural power to create yards after contact. Dillon will find more space as he faces fewer loaded boxes as a pro, but dropping weight and adding quickness could be the difference between a future as a committee back or starter.

• Went for 150-plus rushing yards in almost 42 percent of his career starts
  • Finds paydirt, with 39 career rushing touchdowns
  • Can move piles or leap over them
  • Absorbs contact like a big linebacker

Scouts want him to get lighter to get quicker -- I want him to eat more and sprint and lift a lot....