bradin cooks vs stefon Digs

dbfla10

I don’t think I would’ve traded a 3rd for Cooks and his contract.  

really happy we traded for diggs.  

I don’t think about Hopkins because the Texans never would’ve traded him to us. 

On 4/13/2020 at 9:38 AM, BillsFan2313 said:

Brandin Cooks QBs:

Drew Brees

Tom Brady

Jared Goff

Now DeShaun Watson

Stefon Diggs QBs:

Teddy Bridgewater

Case Keenum

Kirk Cousins

Now Josh Allen

You don't think if Diggs played with Brees and Brady, and one of the greatest offenses of all time with the Rams, his numbers wouldn't be better than Cooks?

Why does he keep being traded?

Money. By all accounts he's a great lockerroom guy and a fantastic football player. Some guys just end up being luxuries teams can't afford and that's him.

On 4/10/2020 at 3:45 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So you're saying they're similar in size and speed? They're completely different types of WR's though. Diggs is a a precise route runner who also happens to be one of the best in traffic despite being 6'0 tall.  

So is Cooks, and he's arguably better at it: https://www.pff.com/news/pro-top-nfl-receivers-by-route-in-2018

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Money. By all accounts he's a great lockerroom guy and a fantastic football player. Some guys just end up being luxuries teams can't afford and that's him.

So is Cooks, and he's arguably better at it: https://www.pff.com/news/pro-top-nfl-receivers-by-route-in-2018

Cooks is a good WR just different. Im not sure what your link is showing me between Diggs and Cooks.

On 4/10/2020 at 1:30 PM, BullBuchanan said:

They're very similar players with very similar production. I love Diggs the player, but I feel like his trade value should have been a lot closer to that of Cooks. They've been trying to move him for a while now, and Beane paid the maximum. I wonder where Minnesota started the negotiation if we ended up having to pay as much as we did.

There were a lot of other teams that were in on Diggs who unlike Cooks isn't coming off of a major injury and dip in production. Cooks was valued at a 1st round pick level just 2 years ago. 

Don't know if it's been mentioned but has anyone seen the Dead Cap hit LA took on the Cooks trade?

$21.8 million dollar hit is not chicken feed.  I would think that the LA Rams had a low opinion of Cooks worth to do that

2 years into his 5 year contract.

I'm so glad Beane got Diggs over Cooks and it is not even close.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/brandin-cooks-14429/

Edited by ColoradoBills

On 4/10/2020 at 9:34 AM, dbfla10 said:

"BY FAR" is a stretch. Look at their stats, they are nearly identical... I agree I like Diggs better, but the Bills definitely over paid.

That was my first thought after i saw what he Cards gave for Hopkins that dude is tops at WR for a long time Beane's deal was a little to rich for my blood for Diggs but it shows that he is willing to go the extra to get what it takes to make this team better !

This season should tell a lot about where the Bills are & just how much of a contender they will be, i re watched the Bills Ravens game & will say that if Diggs is the player they say he is & if Josh would have went to him on the play in the end zone that Knox dropped the pass Diggs makes the catch another W for the team i think Diggs will help to get them points .

I just hope it's not at the cost of underutilizing others . 

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

bradin?  Digs?  C'mon man, make an effort, at least.

Oh, give him a break! With everybody on lockdown and looking for reading content, it’s the busy season for editors and proof readers. 

:)

It would have been nice to get at least ONE of the two names right. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/14/2020 at 9:56 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Cooks is a good WR just different. Im not sure what your link is showing me between Diggs and Cooks.

It's showing you that they're both elite route runners with elite speed and small size. I'd argue they have way more in common as players than they have differences. As someone that's watched both of them play since the start of their careers (I often own them in fantasy), it's really confusing to me. How do you think they're different?

24 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's showing you that they're both elite route runners with elite speed and small size. I'd argue they have way more in common as players than they have differences. As someone that's watched both of them play since the start of their careers (I often own them in fantasy), it's really confusing to me. How do you think they're different?

I wouldn't say that's what it's showing. Alshon Jeffrey is not an elite route runner.

Cooks is pure speed. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wouldn't say that's what it's showing. Alshon Jeffrey is not an elite route runner.

Cooks is pure speed. 

Cooks is in the top route runners in my link for more routes than Diggs though? I'm not looking to belabor this, but I mean what are you basing that on if not grades?