Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Attend A Bills Game Without A Covid-19 Vaccine?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (Depending on developments, seating plan, etc?)

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

No one said that this Dr. or that Dr. “knew “ anything more than anyone else. I quoted the source of the opinion ; of course he doesn’t know Virtually ALL of the numbers we have been presented are wrong , and yes due to the lack of testing. It’s a hypothetical, not a “ narrative “.Nothing was pushed .I’ve yet to hear or see a Dr. that hasn’t said the vast majority of people will recover , regardless of the exact %. You don’t know what I hope any more than I know what you hope ...and I don’t care. The scenario presented in this poll is really about fear and nothing else. Do not misconstrue my examples as political in nature. At one time AIDS carried with it a tremendous fear of the unknown. I made no political statement on it , YOU did. 

It’s scary, but you may very well be correct. I am taking the poll to mean a Bills game anywhere. I voted yes, although I would absolutely not attend a game in Mexico ! 

FTR, I would attend a game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

There is truth to this. Some here are probably too young to know or remember. Early on there was a lot of fear about how one could contract AIDS. Daily life went on before there were vaccines for many things. Ben Carson has stated that about 98% of people who get this Corona v will recover.  It’s an interesting question - would you attend a game?  It’s realistic because it will be most likely be allowed in some areas and not others. 

Interesting question indeed. One nobody can really answer without more info that will only come with time. Yes, the vast majority of people will recover, but I hope to do better than just surviving. That’s a pretty low bar for me. 

Time will tell, this would be a horrible season to mess with! 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I think I already had it from when I went to Vegas back in January. I had a brutal dry cough and fever for about 4 days even had to miss some school and work. It eventually went away though but it was so random and so brutal it made wonder.

Leon, that’s called a bender.  Bud I’m just kidding as too easy.  I’m glad you’re ok, and if you did, maybe you had a mild case.  Seriously on Easter weekend, happy you’re ok.

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Did people stop going to sporting events when HIV/AIDS was first recognized?  There's still no vaccine for that and at the time, people didn't know how it was transmitted.

Billsvet, that is through transmission, not airborne.  Not even in the same ballpark.

Did people stop going to sporting events when HIV/AIDS was first recognized?  There's still no vaccine for that and at the time, people didn't know how it was transmitted.

What?

Has anyone been to a grocery store? People all over. I'll go to a Bills game. Probably handout Bills masks at the gate. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Um, to the contrary....doctors, public health officials, and so forth knew a huge amount about how HIV/AIDS was transmitted.

They knew you couldn't get it by sitting (or even standing and shout loudly) fully clothed in public.

Now there might have been the occasional act that could cause HIV/AIDS transmission in or about the stadium, but risk to the general ticket holder who kept his bousers truckled....Naaaah.

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I would attend a game as long as the curve has been flattened enough that we are not going to overwhelm hospital.  I am not overly worried as I work Int healthcare and see this and much worse on a daily basis.  

The fact is the only reason to social distance is just to slow the infection rate and that is working - the problem was always going to be having to many sick at one time.  

Based on how the common cold hits every year (usually another Coronavirus type) - I do not think a vaccine is going to be as effective as people think - much like how the flu vaccine changes yearly - I think the vaccine will help reduce duration and severity of the illness, but will not be effective at preventing the disease.

If the vaccine is about as effective as flu vaccine and perhaps other public health measures catch on (wearing masks in public, say), it won't be a problem.

The difference between a reproduction number of 1.3 in a partially immune population and a reproduction number of 2.0-2.4 in an immunologically naive population is significant

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, to the contrary....doctors, public health officials, and so forth knew a huge amount about how HIV/AIDS was transmitted.

They knew you couldn't get it by sitting (or even standing and shout loudly) fully clothed in public.

Now there might have been the occasional act that might have caused transmission in or about the stadium, but risk to the general ticket holder....Naaaah.

Her name was Nancy, I couldn’t help myself. Apologies to all offended. 

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What?

Has anyone been to a grocery store? People all over. I'll go to a Bills game. Probably handout Bills masks at the gate. 

I have, actually.  One of them had about 4 shoppers, all spaced out.

Another had a line to get in, with tape on the ground marking where to stand 6 feet apart.  One shopper came out, another went in.  The checkers were wearing masks and gloves behind plexi barriers.

Where are you shopping were there are "people all over"?

3 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Yes. Except people in the late 70s/early 80s did not know what you and I do now. 

FTR, the first recorded AIDS case in the USA occurred in 1981, followed by a cluster in gay men and IV drug users.

It was pretty clear from the start that HIV wasn't being transmitted by standing 3 feet away from someone during choir practice at the church and singing, or by attending a large funeral.

And also FTR, I was working in a large urban emergency room and graduated from college about that time so I remember those days pretty well.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I have, actually.  One of them had about 4 shoppers, all spaced out.

Another had a line to get in, with tape on the ground marking where to stand 6 feet apart.  One shopper came out, another went in.  The checkers were wearing masks and gloves behind plexi barriers.

Where are you shopping were there are "people all over"?

Walmart last week. Wegmans 2 weeks ago had a single line to get to check out but no spacing. Walmart had spacing at checkout but only like an on deck box. Other than that packed with people all around. Maybe 1/3 wore masks. Walmart employees had masks.

A lot of places seem to be changing by the day.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Walmart last week. Wegmans 2 weeks ago had a single line to get to check out but no spacing. Walmart had spacing at checkout but only like an on deck box. Other than that packed with people all around. Maybe 1/3 wore masks. Walmart employees had masks.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear, I meant what locality or state.  If it's Buffalo/Erie County that's extremely disappointing to hear.

Just for myself I would attend a game without a vaccine. BUT,  I don’t want to give it someone else!

Some of the few positives are that maybe we all will appreciate our families and friends more! I know I am learning to be grateful for every new day because with or without this virus we are not ever guaranteed a tomorrow!!

• Like (+1) 1